What's new

flash 25/25/25/25 vortex

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
So off the bf1 restand flash can do some amazingly stupid shit.
the combos I'm doing are by no means optimal (or I just got lucky) since I don't play flash but I just want to get this out there:

after a bf1 restand flash gets a guaranteed ambiguous jump 1 that jails into the low option of the 50/50. The jumpin jails. This means that you're eating a 50/50 no matter what and are holding a 25/25/25/25 if you're not pushblocking. Even a pushblock is not 100% a way out of guessing since flash can do j1 into bounce cancel. Here's a clip:

the first reset is same side into overhead and the second one is crossup into low. I drop the trait conversion because I suck :p

here's proof the reset works and that it's not just the crossup indicator messing up (I recorded the AI doing a reset and tried to block it myself) flash doesn't necessarily stay same side if the j1 hits same side. I've gotten him to cross up even if it is blocked.
a 75% chance at a hit not good enough for you? no problem, add some layers to that mix by jailing dash up empty jump low:

obviously this reset costs a bar and another bar to make the damage you get off it worthwile so there's a tradeoff right? Nope, you can legit trait up and still jail a jumpin into 50/50 or an empty jump low:

Let's see if Flash gets to keep this in the patch

edit: forgot to put this in but credit to @Chernyy Volk for showing me the restand

Last edited:

masherofbuttons

forgot to add this: If you don't want to take the risk of the second 50/50, fear not.
you can do the ambiguous jumpin into b22 to make it a hitconfirmable, plus on block vortex

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Oh this is nasty.

Does anyone have that gif of the guy repeatedly taking his shades off?

Wait what us going on here?? I though BF1 was a knockdown. Why is in not knocking down and looks different in these vids? Is this a bug cause it looks like it

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Wait what us going on here?? I though BF1 was a knockdown. Why is in not knocking down and looks different in these vids? Is this a bug cause it looks like it
Hey, I'm the one who originally came up with this. bf1 causes a +65 restand if done at maximum depth and range. It's pretty silly. Technically, Happypow showed me how to get this to work to begin with.

masherofbuttons

Hey, I'm the one who originally came up with this. bf1 causes a +65 restand if done at maximum depth and range. It's pretty silly. Technically, Happypow showed me how to get this to work to begin with.
Yeah big thanks to chernny for showing me the reset. I basically just labbed to make sure it was legit and added some cool extra mix options lol.

masherofbuttons

Some fun math: this restand has a 75% of hitting if you just go the straight guessing game route.
After the initial combo flash will need two more combos to kill.
The vortex loops into itself (because that's what vortexes do lol). For death flash will need to hit the restand twice. Once into another restand and once into cashing out. (About 30% for 1st reset, 30% for the second one and 40% if you cash out with trait)

That's two times a 75% chance.
0.75 * 0.75 * 100 = 56.25% chance
Flash has a 56.25% chance of hitting the vortex twice...
This means that if flash gets ANY hit in with three bars on deck when you're at full life ANYWHERE ON SCREEN, you will be statistically likely to lose your lifebar.

This character does not need buffs lmao