What's new

First Patch Wishlist

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I want better mids and KB requirements for all the characters who are lacking.

Some sort of nerf to the moves that ignore the neutral but give them something else in return if needed.

Short hop to be reworked to be like third strikes universal overheads where they are a good tool for eating low pokes. I would give them more range, make them hit mid so we arent just giving everyone good overheads, and have it cause hitstun instead of a knockdown.

No s1/d1 anti airs, no wave dashing and remove breakaways. Yeah, let's just remove everything interesting in the game while we're at it and eat 40-50% unbreakable combos all day long.

Methysan

Noob
In addition to OP’s suggestions:

Hop attack triggers Krushing Blow when punishing whiffed throws
- Currently, there’s little incentive to hop or use hop attacks. Throws however are quite powerful. Reading an attempt with a hop should yield more of a reward, incentivize the mechanic, and shift a bit of power away from throws.

Krushing Blows disable air breakaway
- This would add value to KBs that launch as well as the kharacters that have access to them. KBs are clearly meant to be a spectacle, so let them be a spectacle as a devastating kombo starter. In exchange, launching KBs would have their base damage reduced but improved damage scaling.

Rework Get Up option accessibility
- Players are frequently frustrated by varying get-up timings resulting in unwanted jumps, normals, and stance switches. New get up inputs would be HOLD stance switch left/ right to roll. HOLD up+2/ up+3 to access get up attacks. HOLD down+ stance switch for delayed wake up.

Agreed on the get up options. I don't understand why something like a roll/wake up/break away should require strict timing to input. You don't need strict timing to quick rise or back roll in SFV. Most anime games these days (DBZ, UNIST) let you just hold a button and direction while being combo'd to tech that way on the first available frame.

4: All s1 and low profiling crouch button anti airs to be removed.
So it looks like you are one of those scorp players that jump in on neutral just because they can... Sorry but you are completely wrong in this one. Jumps are supposed to be used for whiff punishing on reads (jump a projectile or a string). Using in neutral when the enemy is prepared to anti air you deserves to be punished hard. Nobody forced you to jump in the first place.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
So it looks like you are one of those scorp players that jump in on neutral just because they can... Sorry but you are completely wrong in this one. Jumps are supposed to be used for whiff punishing on reads (jump a projectile or a string). Using in neutral when the enemy is prepared to anti air you deserves to be punished hard. Nobody forced you to jump in the first place.
I agree with what you're saying, which is why S1 and low profile anti airs need to go. It's on you to read the jump. These specific anti airs remove jumping from the game because it can be done on reaction. Me playing Scorpion doesn't change this because his teleport is the ONLY way he can jump in on some characters like Sonya. I've seen Sonya do bf1, the guy rightfully jumps into a jump in, and she has the recovery to d1 anyway. Jump ins also are a pressure opportunity for when your opponent hesitates. This aspect of the neutral currently does not exist.

Chernyy Volk

"remove dash blocking" man you can't be serious. Dash canceling is what makes this game so neutral heavy it's a MK9 thing and we all love it
The game is neutral heavy without dash blocking. The dash blocking REMOVES the neutral. Have you TRIED to play neutral against a wave dashing Sonya?

Chernyy Volk

I want better mids and KB requirements for all the characters who are lacking.

Some sort of nerf to the moves that ignore the neutral but give them something else in return if needed.

Short hop to be reworked to be like third strikes universal overheads where they are a good tool for eating low pokes. I would give them more range, make them hit mid so we arent just giving everyone good overheads, and have it cause hitstun instead of a knockdown.
My opinion is make them KB on reads. One for punches and kicks both. I like the idea of this game being more explosive on a read.

Chernyy Volk

LMFAO @ Scorpion buffs. The character is fine right now. His mobility has huge variety in mind games, his KBs are almost too easy to access for a character of his archtype and his buttons aren't terrible. He should remain as-is until the meta evolves defensive option wise and see how it goes.

Having S1 as an anti-air is by design for some characters. Cetrion's S1 is crucial because her D2 is hilariously bad. Basically straight vertical hitbox making even KB uppercut punishes whiff, her recovery is so long you can take a trip to 7-11 buy a slurpee and maybe she's done recovering and without S1 we'd be borderline forced to use Natural Barrier which would make Komp Var #1 even more useless than it already is.

Hit boxes being modified? We've been dealing w/ janky hitboxes since UMK3 female ninjas (maybe even earlier, didn't play komp MK before that.) and that's part of the game.

I play Cetrion and even I know if there's no wave dash blocking she would become S tier. it's the only option for a lot of characters especially when the player respects Cetrion too much and is afraid to do something else to move in.

I think you're putting too much weight on breakaways. Yeah they're frustrating but now instead of 40 different defensive getup options they have they only have slow or normal getup which you can practice setups for. Some characters really excel because for 1 offense bar (in most cases) they have to burn both def. bars. Meaning one good setup and they eat that 1 off bar combo completely. I don't think it's terrible when you have chars like Sonya who w/ one string and meter does 32%+ and Scorpion can do 40% w/ KBs.
I'll address you point by point.

1: I want Scorpion to not have useless moves. I'd suggest quality of life improvements for everyone. I don't believe in having useless moves. Neither do the buffs I suggested have a thing to do with defensive options.

2: S1 anti air is definitely not by design especially since characters just have no anti air at all. They remove an aspect of the neutral, they eliminate jumping, eliminate setup diversity because I'm Sonya and I can just d1 under your cross up jump kick, it's toxic to the design of the game. Especially when the BEST WAY to get in on some of these characters would be to jump at a certain range where their neutral is weak.

3: Just because it was jank before doens't justify it. Stupid response.

4: Cetrion would only be S tier in a world where you're bad at walking someone down. Wave dashing eliminates neutral, especially since backwards movement is so gimped in comparison to it. You can't realistically play footsies and check people for moving WHICH IS PART OF NEUTRAL, because of the consistent block state.

5: If you watched Summit Of Time people always broke away and almost never bothered to use the defensive options. It's better because playing the wake up game puts YOU, the guy knocked down, into a higher state of variability because of the options. Things can snowball because you tried to roll or wake up, the breakaway situation reduces the amount of thinking both players have to do, which also means there's less risk for the guy who broke.

Chernyy Volk

Lol so you want buffs for your character specifically who's better than 20 other characters in the game already?
I'm planning to make a post about how I'd buff everyone else. Honestly though, a lot of characters could be massively improved by simply changing the variations.

Chernyy Volk

-30 Geras sandtrap? Is - 18 not good enough lmao??
Remove dash blocking?
LOL cmon guy I can't take this seriously
Geras is the only character with a fuck neutral check like that that isn't also punishable by the other fuck neutral checks. He breaks the rules set by the rest of the game.

Chernyy Volk

Red flags:
  • Wants Scorpion buffs
  • Wants no anti airs
  • Wants to change game mechanics instead of adapting.
  • Wants to Nerf 5 characters when the only character with truly game breaking tools is the character he uses(steals neutral on your turn).
So, you can't anti air without a broken 7f jab that reaches beyond jump kick hitboxes?

I've adapted to the mechanics. I don't think the game rewards decision making quite as much as they thought it would yet. The fact all the top players opt to just always break away says as much.

The other characters just need move fixes and variation changes. Not buffs per se. Scorpion plays MK11. Geras, Erron and Sonya do not.

Espio

Kokomo
So, you can't anti air without a broken 7f jab that reaches beyond jump kick hitboxes?

I've adapted to the mechanics. I don't think the game rewards decision making quite as much as they thought it would yet. The fact all the top players opt to just always break away says as much.

The other characters just need move fixes and variation changes. Not buffs per se. Scorpion plays MK11. Geras, Erron and Sonya do not.
Imagine living in a world where you want jumping to be stronger than anti-airing and then having the audacity to call it broken or scrubby.

Couldn't be me.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Geras is the only character with a fuck neutral check like that that isn't also punishable by the other fuck neutral checks. He breaks the rules set by the rest of the game.
There are holes in his sandtrap where it will not reach. Also doing a reversal special gives 19 frames to punish, even 18 frames from mid distance is enough for some forward advancing normals. Also gets fully blown up by jump in within that range.

Hardly fuck neutral, sounds like you need to level up LOL

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
There are holes in his sandtrap where it will not reach. Also doing a reversal special gives 19 frames to punish, even 18 frames from mid distance is enough for some forward advancing normals. Also gets fully blown up by jump in within that range.

Hardly fuck neutral, sounds like you need to level up LOL
This is dismissive of every other action and move available. This is out of context and wrong. Sand Trap just needs to be a mid, though, nothing too extreme to change.

Edit: I should clarify that the info isnt wrong, but saying that the tool isnt ridiculously strong because of that situation is whats wrong. Its a full screen instant low, that KBs for 31% AND can be used for a meterless 50/50. Nothing could convince me it shouldnt be a mid.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Id say for characters I play so far (scorpion and noob):

Scorpion: remove amplified teleport on block just so people can stop crying about it. He doesnt need that crap anyway.

Noob Saibot: Make shadow tackle an overhead. Reduce the shadow tackle krushing blow-hit requirement to something at least somewhat realistic.

In general: make it so you can only use fatal blow once per round, IE: if you use it and miss it does not come back in that same round.