What's new

General/Other - Scorpion First look at "Kold War" Scorpion UPDATED WITH ART

FOXSOLID

Noob
Makes more sense for Kold War to be a Sub Zero skin. Not a scorpion skin when he already has another limited edition skin. These two are the poster boys... so why does one get all the love?

As for your other statement... entirely personal preference.

Especially since it's a fact that Sub Zero > Scorpion. :p
Ha...funny, but no.

Scorpion is the face of the franchise...that's why his face will be the one to greet you on the cover of your MKX copy when you buy it.

The notion that Sub-Zero is on the same level as Scorpion is rather comical I must say.

Scorpion has him around to chill his beverages.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Guys, I didn't play Injustice. Could someone elucidate me as how many costumes per character they had in that game? I'm guessing MKX is going to have even more costumes than that, which is absurdly good. Perhaps I'll finally see an updated Human Reptile costume :O
They said there will be more than MK9 but less than Injustice. Also if your name wasn't Batman or Superman you got lucky to even get one.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ha...funny, but no.

Scorpion is the face of the franchise...that's why his face will be the one to greet you on the cover of your MKX copy when you buy it.

The notion that Sub-Zero is on the same level as Scorpion is rather comical I must say.

Scorpion has him around to chill his beverages.
Has Scorpion been in EVERY Mortal Kombat game? No?

Has he had his own game? No?

So, is he really on a higher level than Sub Zero? I think not.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Has Scorpion been in EVERY Mortal Kombat game? No?

Has he had his own game? No?

So, is he really on a higher level than Sub Zero? I think not.
Has Sub-Zero every graced a cover by himself? No. Has he ever been the #1 top tier character in a game? No. Is he the permanent character seen in the NetherRealm Studios logo? NO.

Also...LOL I wouldn't tout that solo game as a good thing either for Sub-Zero because it sucked frosted balls.

So yes...Scorpion>Sub-Zero.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
How is this NOT a Sub Zero skin?

-.-
Because the actual Cold War wasn't about the temperature.

I wonder who this artist is and why no one has even uncovered the original drawing. Maybe we'll see a "Kold War Pack" with Subby and some one else or it will be a mobile bonus.

EDIT: Could this have been the basis? I found it lurking on MKO.

Last edited:

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
What does the cold war scorpion skin look like in the gamestop limited edition? And how long is there to preorder each version? Also will the gold skin for scorpion be dlc anytime?

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Cold War skin just google it. I assume can preorder up to day before release. Gold skin most likely exclusive to coarse edition.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Is it only me, or it is ugly as fk.
Btw. Scorpion turns out to be freakin prima ballerina. He has already tones of re-skins, and another one coming with Predator in Kombat Pack. As if he lacked them! #NRShateSub0much?
It's really no big secret that Ed Boon's favorite is scorpion and that NRS likes butchering sub zero ... so of course he won't get as many skins.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I could care less for re-skins. There will be lots of modding around most likely. It is that NRS turning Scorp into marketing tool kills my sympathy for him, and I liked him since MK1, next to Sub and Raiden.

I didn't care for Cold War Scorpion until I saw the picture up close. He looks like a badass superfuturist undead nazi soldier from Wolfenstein. Holy fuck!

Based80s

Noob
Wouldn't get your hopes up for Cold War Scorpion honestly. It's a Gamestop limited edition skin(it's 100$ for the limited edition) & 2 weeks ago I asked if I could still pre order the limited edition(got it for PS4, wanted to get another limited for xbox one) and they said that they were sold out.

Granted that you are going to be able to buy this skin probably after the kombat pass is fully out.

trufenix

bye felicia
Wouldn't get your hopes up for Cold War Scorpion honestly. It's a Gamestop limited edition skin(it's 100$ for the limited edition) & 2 weeks ago I asked if I could still pre order the limited edition(got it for PS4, wanted to get another limited for xbox one) and they said that they were sold out.

Granted that you are going to be able to buy this skin probably after the kombat pass is fully out.
Gamestop would tell you the earth stopped spinning if they thought it would convince you to pre-order. This and every other skin will eventually be available though it may take months for their exclusivity deal to run out.

Based80s

Noob
Gamestop would tell you the earth stopped spinning if they thought it would convince you to pre-order. This and every other skin will eventually be available though it may take months for their exclusivity deal to run out.
Yes, 100% agree that you will be able to buy these skins later but I highly doubt they will sell the Gold Scorpion skin at a later date, seems sorta dickish imo