What's new

Fingering Freddy~Lab Results (Kombos, tactics etc.)

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Don't know if this has been posted yet.

58% midscreen 1 bar:

JIP b2 E.Spike, JIP b12u1, db41, dash, b2, f421, Spike, Spike

The distance of the last two spikes depends on when you hit the corner.
If your opponent has reached the corner after the first spike you can add a 1 punch before the second spike for 59% damage.

wolfe

Noob
Lyuben face it , Freddy has all the tools to be the best in the game as of now , he has:
hmm heavy talk here, you must have done your homework

1 Safe 50/50 and he can end combos with df4 wich is a reset into another safe 50/50 and you can get 40+ combos from it
indeed his 50/50 is stupid good, but your ignoring the fact that he has a already posted about damage scaling issue that will be hotfixed resulting in a across the board combo damage nerf. so using his damage as a example is not gonna work in your argument atm.
2 That projectile lol
what about it? give us more info please!
3 His moves are kinda fast and he can zone with the treath of an effing 50/50
his moves are "kinda" fast? such depth in your investigation sir! and yes he can zone with a threat of a 50/50 that does strong damage. however if your far enough that you can jip you can block on reaction, if not you can jip punish. its slightly worse then noob in terms of hitbox/advantage on hit. but does more damage.
4 From what i can understand his combos are not hard at all
so you havent even tested him? this braindead combo thing is crap btw, this isnt ssf4 afterall. his combos are harder to pull off then say kang, raiden, ermac, csz, etc.
5Beating online a guy that can do 50+ combos doesn't prove your point
true, but a lack of actual informationp doesnt prove yours either.

right now people are bitching about his damage, his damage has been acknowledged as accidental and is gonna get hotfixed...yay?

I'm not bitching in any form and i'm willing to learn the matchup , but hell , that's broken in every kind of way and definately needs a huge nerf ( looks at Scorpions 50/50 and laughs )
when you dont have all the information at hand im sure it does sir!

Seriously , no guest character should be top tier in any kind of fighting game , it makes look ( and be ) the game bad.
pure opinion drivel here, sorry, had to say it, no hard feelings? "brofist pose"

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Freddie's projectile has wicked fast recovery frames. Its much the way Kano's was before they patched it. Is what im assuming he was talking about.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
It's kind of annoying how this thread has turned from combo/tactics discussion to haters vs. fans war. I seriously don't give a crap about Freddy being in MK or not. He's just another character to me. I'm having fun learning him right now and that's about it. No one has beaten top tier chars with Freddy in a competitive match yet so stop whining please for the love of god. If he is overpowered they'll balancing him, like they've been doing with the game since day 1. Now... back to combo discussion?

Elu

Noob
longtime lurker, first time poster. lol most i found which is prolly already posted was jump in 1/2, f4,2,1, ex hell spike, dashx2, jump in 1/2, f4,2,1, med. hell spike, far hell spike x2. 12 hits 57% midscreen.

jump in 1/2, f4,2,1, med. hell spike, f4,2,1, close hell spike, f4, ex hell spike, dash back, jump in 1/2, f4,2,1, glove toss. 16 hits 57% near corner. couldn't end with a close hell spike since the character dropped too fast. =/

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Is there a trick to cancelling his b+1,2,u+1 string into his db3? I can't get it consistently for the life of me.

Wait until the opponent is in the air and then input the command. Are you sure you don't mean db4(nightmare stance) beacause db3 is his backwards teleport.

I personally think the njp punch is way eaiser here.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Here's some combos that don't involve you guessing the ex and wasting your meter. These are confirmed off the first hit EASILY.

Low Starter combo(Hit confirmable) - b3, close spike dash ex spike jip b1 2 u1 f4 21 spike, spike or sweet dreams - 45% or 43% with mixup

Overhead starter combo(Hit confirmable) - b2, close spike, dash ex spike, jip b1 2 u1 f4 21 spike, spike or sweet dreams - 47% or 45% with mixup

These can be done anywhere on the screen, you just need to keep track where you are so the last spikes you do don't miss. If your at the middle of the screen when you start far spikes will probably be needed at the end. If you end up in the corner then close spikes would be used. You're only losing 7-10% damage wise but you're saving your meter which in my opinion is more important then a little bit of damage that will probably get broken out of anyways.

It's very good damage and if you don't have meter you can still do a billion different variations of the first close pike. You could do more spikes to push them across the screen or you could dash up and do f4 2 1 into spikes. Whatever really. With Freddy though you should have meter considering he gains it so easily.

EDIT:

Here's another retarded practical hit confirmable combo.

f4 21 ex spike teleport f4 21 medium spike far spike or far spike far or whatver is appropriate for your spot. - 49%

You should be able to react fast enough to throw out an ex after the f4 21, it's pretty obvious when you're hitting them with it.

Death By Nines

Catharsis
Wait until the opponent is in the air and then input the command. Are you sure you don't mean db4(nightmare stance) beacause db3 is his backwards teleport.

I personally think the njp punch is way eaiser here.
I meant db4. I can do it without thinking now. You just need a pre-emptive input of the nightmare stance for it to register.

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
What are some of Freddy's anti-air options apart from uppercut? How good is Nightmare stance for dealing with jump ins or cross ups?

What are some of Freddy's anti-air options apart from uppercut? How good is Nightmare stance for dealing with jump ins or cross ups?
I think glove toss is a pretty good anti-air, it's sure as hell fast enough. Also Nightmare stance may take too long if someone goes for a jump punch.

Honestly, I haven't tested though.

Another thing: Freddy does not have a move that shuts down entire parts of your game like Kung Lao. Freddy has high damage and mix ups. A dangerous combo.

But in making brash comparisons to Kung Lao people forget this:

Kung Lao has a 6 frame anti air launcher. He can stop your pressure if he is smart. He will stop your jump ins and air game. Can Freddy do that? Call me when he can.
Hate to say this, but Freddy's nightmare stance is amazing in jump in situations. I've stopped tons of jump in situations with Nightmare Stance and in practice, I can get out of Kung Lao's divekick, and his Spin (Freddy steps back, then afterward a FP will send him up for a 30 or even 40%ish combos.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Hate to say this, but Freddy's nightmare stance is amazing in jump in situations. I've stopped tons of jump in situations with Nightmare Stance and in practice, I can get out of Kung Lao's divekick, and his Spin (Freddy steps back, then afterward a FP will send him up for a 30 or even 40%ish combos.
It also goes under most projectiles. Like a Scorpion spear or a Kano knife.

Abudabi

Noob
Nightmare stance also avoids quite a few characters specials:

kano's upball (not up close)
ermac/scorpion/smoke teleport
jax/nightwolf's charge
Kung/Noob's teleport throw
kenshi's teleflurry
Jade/Johnny Cage's shadow kick

This may seem self-explanatory however he won't avoid all high attacks, for instance these will still hit him:

Kenshi's teleram
Baraka's charge
Raiden's superman
Sektor's teleport punch
Reptile's elbow dash (which is med anyways)

hardwire

Noob
Nightmare stance also avoids quite a few characters specials:

kano's upball
ermac,scorpion,smoke teleport
jax/nightwolf's charge
b4 my post got deleted i confimed it went under cages shadow kick

on reaction of all things lol i love this guy and i cant wait till im good with him

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Is it a good idea to finish with a forward teleport for pressure on wakeup or even sweet dreams? Instead of medium/ far ground cpike?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Is it a good idea to finish with a forward teleport for pressure on wakeup or even sweet dreams? Instead of medium/ far ground cpike?
I'd recommend always ending with sweet dreams. Makes them have to block or roll, especially useful if you have them in the corner. Teleport could also be good.

Abudabi

Noob
Sweet dreams can catch noob/kung teleport if done on reaction, especially if you bait them with the projectile