What's new

FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary"

ShinBlanka

Apprentice
Thanks to all of you that decided to register early, you're saving us and yourselves a lot of time later and for those that are going to register at the door please be at the door on March 2, 2012 at 7:30am est. Due to the shear amount of people attending FRXV we need to start the door registration earlier than normal. The ballroom will not be open until 10am.

If you have registered since Feb. 18th, we are still processing your registration. These should all be done by tomorrow evening. See you in March....excuse me see you guys in 6 days and 4 hours!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Sorry guys, I'm out. I was denied the time off from work and also no one hasn't made any particular plans for road trip. Next time...Good luck to all players!

ShinBlanka

Apprentice
For EVERYONE that paid online registration for your game and not your badge or vice versa you better get here early on friday morning because your registration IS NOT COMPLETE! For those that didn't online register at all you better be here bright and early on Friday March 2, 2012 because registration ends on friday! We had online registration up for 6 months so I hope you guys can make it out, but if you get here on Saturday thinking you are going to sign up for a tournament you'll be sadly mistaken. There's only 4 days until FRXV eve so get hype people! If you can get a friend to sign you up early on friday that would work also, but he needs all of your information and the money to buy the badge. We'll put you in the system, and he will have your badge.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
ShinBlanka There's still some players who didn't pre-register because they're not 100% if they can make it. And some of them are top players like REO CD jr Maxter etc. Since you have to be pre-regged to be seeded, could these players all be in the same pool?

Can the people who pre-regged give up their seeding spot? I will definitely give mine up to these guys if they can make it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ShinBlanka There's still some players who didn't pre-register because they're not 100% if they can make it. And some of them are top players like REO CD jr Maxter etc. Since you have to be pre-regged to be seeded, could these players all be in the same pool?

Can the people who pre-regged give up their seeding spot? I will definitely give mine up to these guys if they can make it.
I say/ask this calmly

........6 months notice

im out

<---planning now for evo (like money, etc)

ShinBlanka

Apprentice
Yup, I agree. But I want those guys here so I'll be willing to do what I can.
PEOPLE WILL NOT GET SPECIAL FUCKING TREATMENT AT FINAL ROUND JUST BECAUSE THEY PLAY A GAME WELL aka a top player! Pre reg online has been up for 6 months! If they register they will be placed randomly in the brackets but we will NOT AND I FUCKING REPEAT NOT BE SEPERATED BY SEEDING those players DUE to the guys not registering online within 6 months of the registration has been open. IMO it's disrespectful to the rest of the players that have pre reg online or that are going to make the extra effort to get here on friday morning to make sure they can compete in MK9 or any other game at FRXV. registration ends on friday morning/early afternoon so we can complete the pools/brackets and have them posted up by friday evening!

I understand that times are rough these days and things pop up last minute that allows you to attend an event the last minute, but sometime, just sometimes the players must take the responsiblity of making sure you're prepared to attend an event in the proper manner. I have a question to ask everyone. If this was Evo do you think they would entertain these questions? They don't even have registration at the door. Do people ask this from MLG events? I don't know because i've never been to an mlg event. I would like for those players to attend, but in no way are we bending over backwards for people when the only reason/excuse they have is we are top players and we didn't pre register in time and we want to attend your event now. Is that fair to everyone else who took the time to get proper seeding by signing up online early? Imo it's not fair, but I will ask the rest of the MK9 community if it's fair.

With that said if they can get someone to get all of their information (real name, tag name, city, state, and games to be played) and get someone to pay for all of their games and badges then I will allow them in the tournament if they get here on sat. Registration closes on friday and that isn't going to change for anyone. So someone please wait in the long ass registration line on friday morning march 2, 2012 to register and pay for all of those players badges + games. We will enter them in the system and we will give you the badge so you can collect your money from them once they get to the event. If someone is willing to do that on friday then everything is solved. On the whole seeding thing from players that didn't sign up online or aren't going to get here on friday to reg on site is that fair for the rest of the players that did do the correct thing to get proper seeding? I leave it up to the community! If they say it's ok let them be seeded then i'll seed them, but if the community says no it's not fair then they have to deal with whatever bracket they end up in at frxv.

I think that's fair, so please people post up what do you think? This event is for you so you have say so in if these guys get seeded or not.

AK BeerGuyEd

Apprentice
I am with ShinBlanka on this one. Love to see the VSM crew be there and compete, but no to changing the rules just because they were late in deciding to come. We can stream CD Bros versus matches in pools or top 8 either way.

On a side not if you are coming in to ATL on Thursday please check this out.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mar-1-2012-atl-level-up-stream-marietta-ga.14443/

If you have questions about the Level Up stream please post them in that thread of the level up thread in the South East section of the forums. No need to clog up the FR topic with that stuff.

Maxter

Kombatant
first of all noone is bending the rules, this doesnt depend on one or 2 guys going to final round, this was a situation on which i wanted to take there at least 12 people with me, there were always people making excuses or had inconvenience going, noone wanted to register then no going, also MLG is around the corner and made others decide not to go to FR because of going to mlg, i didntt carry with all the expenses of renting vehicles and registering people without making sure if i was gonna be able to take them there, if vsm guys want to go there is for the purpose of hyping shit up not because just winning couple of dollars, we loosing way more money on this trip than whatever the 1st place pot will be, we should just make a tournament with the money we are expending i guess, but not we want to go there to compete with other top players who wanted us to go there, also the community want us to be there, vsm crew doesnt feel any important, Tm brady is also among the group of people coming with me to final round and he is sorting things out with shinblanka and pig, we are really making this effort for the community nothing else, my apologies to shinblanka, pig of the hut and the tournament organizers, and for you 16 bit, you gonna get exposed for what you said on that podcast, cd jr didnt want to go there but you motivitated him thanks buddy, if you lose yo gotta shave that beard tho agree?