What's new

Fighter Pack 3 won't contain a Mortal Kombat Character

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What I think it has happened here:

Their plans were to have 3 mk guests, 1 per pack. After seeing the meh reponse from fans to Sub-zero and the terrible response to Raiden, they changed their minds and picked another dc character they had as backup, to substitute the last mk guest, which was probably Cage.

In other case, it doesn't make sense to break the structure 1 dc+1 mkguest+1 non mk guest of the first two packs in the last one. If all 3 packs had been set in stone from the outset, it would be more logic if they had the same structure.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
What I think it has happened here:

Their plans were to have 3 mk guests, 1 per pack. After seeing the meh reponse from fans to Sub-zero and the terrible response to Raiden, they changed their minds and picked another dc character they had as backup, to substitute the last mk guest, which was probably Cage.

In other case, it doesn't make sense to break the structure 1 dc+1 mkguest+1 non mk guest of the first two packs in the last one. If all 3 packs had been set in stone from the outset, it would be more logic if they had the same structure.
Nah that was probably their original plan all along. I really don't think that were planning more then 2 MK chars in IJ2. It will make a lot more sense to have 2 MK chars and 2 non-MK guest chars, the 2nd one will come in FP3.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I don't mind guest characters exactly, but with the insanely rich universe that DC offers it's just a shame that some really interesting characters won't ever have a playable representation. We can play Raiden in pretty much every MK ever, but we can't play {insert any of a hundred characters here}.. and that's the shame of the guest characters imo.

Raiden also looks terrible. Lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think Raiden looks terrible, the mask looks weird but you want terrible besides we'll be able to change it so not a big deal lol look at Bane(prior to gear) or Aquaman, I feel they could have done more with him have a Mamoa skin or at least beard variations. He looks "too clean" but I have no issues with his trident, pants and chest pieces.

I'm glad but not because I don't care for more guest or MK characters, but because when FP3 is announced less whining lol

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
To put things in perspective with Spawn: Todd McFarlane isn't an idiot. He's not going to do something like sell off the rights to one of his characters so that when he wants to do something a decade later with that character, he has to fight with other companies to do so. There was probably a long back and forth between him and Warner Bros. if he was approached to include Spawn in Injustice 2, that either ended with no agreement being reached or Spawn appearing in FP3. Didn't Namco have to make a bunch of concessions to get Spawn in Soul Calibur II?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Gear doesn't always fix a bad design. Bane still looks like a deep sea diver, Green Arrow still looks like Joe Dirt, Firestorm still looks like Captain Magma, they're all still dog shit. Gear sometimes is underwhelming, it actually makes Superman and Cheetah look worse for the most part. Raiden could still look like trash, it won't fix his face.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wouldnt't worry too much. Gear for the most part changes the looks drastically for a good % of the roster, take Sub for example you can make him look VASTLY different than his default design, I'm sure Raiden will be no different. We know the many designs of Raiden over the years so I have no doubt we can make him look like caped Raiden(which his render shows), no hat, different hat, no mask, normal shirt, MK 1, MK X, MKD etc, etc I don't think it's underwhelming, still a better system than lame variations where certain characters sucky presets or are disappointing. Bane has his comic book masks which look nothing like sea divers if you mod him with the right ones. FS doesn't look bad, but he doesn't look like FS. I think he should have had a classic skin honestly. I think Raiden will get the Sub treatment, he'll look mint when we get more gear. We have to remember he's an MK character and this is a NRS game. I doubt they'll punk him.

As for Spawn, I hope he gets in FP3 but if not I won't lose my shit over it. That's a big character so there's a lot of redtape to deal with.

Last edited: