What's new

Fighter Pack 3 won't contain a Mortal Kombat Character

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Millions? Wouldn't be too sure about that bro.
Anyhow.. Boon literally confirmed that there won't be any MK characters in FP3, and somehow people still have a problem with that? Think he's trolling?? Chill the fuck out and lay off the tinfoil hats.
Black Manta and Raiden's silhouettes ingame and during FP1 trailer weren't trolls, Atom silhouette probably won't be a troll, and this isn't be a troll either. Injustice 2 is probably the game where Boon has trolled the least so far.

Thingy

Retired account
People will still find reasons to bitch about the DLC, I bet. If it happens to be 3 DC characters, there will still be tears in the community.

Tweedy

Noob
It's odd to me that both Raiden and Hellboy trailed behind Johnny Cage and Spawn when Boon made polls for MK guests and non-DC guests. Why are we getting the 2nd most voted for instead of the 1st?

Obviously there's a Hellboy movie so that solves the Hellboy vs Spawn issue I guess, but why Stripper Raiden instead of Cage?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It's odd to me that both Raiden and Hellboy trailed behind Johnny Cage and Spawn when Boon made polls for MK guests and non-DC guests. Why are we getting the 2nd most voted for instead of the 1st?

Obviously there's a Hellboy movie so that solves the Hellboy vs Spawn issue I guess, but why Stripper Raiden instead of Cage?
I'm hoping it's so we can get a Black Lightning premier skin bc Boon keeps tweeting "Black", but tbh NRS are always whacky when it comes to their polls

Hell back in I1 they had a poll where Static won and Zatanna got 2nd and switched the results so Zatanna won like we wouldn't notice lmfao.

Rizz091

Noob
Wow that's disappointing because I walked Johnny Cage in. Why the hell Raiden instead of Johnny

But I guess it's good if you're a big DC fan.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
if Constantine was Rorschach (technically DC, I know, but not from the main DC universe).
Watchmen was folded into the main DC Universe just recently with Rebirth. As in the current major DCu shake up is all about Dr Manhattan.

I'm continually amazed at people pulling for Spawn in 2017. That char has not been particularly popular since the 90s. The Spawn movie came out literally 20 years ago.
I know right? Spawn is such a terrible character. I seriously doubt it will EVER be in IJ or MK and that is a great thing.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
People will still find reasons to bitch about the DLC, I bet. If it happens to be 3 DC characters, there will still be tears in the community.
Nope. I doubt anyone would be salty about any DC character over a non-DC one in a DC based game and be serious about it. Unless they're a moron.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Mainly because polls are just to gauge interest; but they can never completely trump the decision making process of a publisher/developer, or tell the full story of negotiations/consideration behind the scenes.

They are one factor to take into consideration, but not the final word.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
90% of the worthwhile MK characters made it in X, only Shang and Noob were missing. I'd rather have Predator or Jason than shit jobbers like Havik, green Kitana, girl Sub, or purple Scorpion.
I agree. I think that MKx had a fantastic roster. Though some of my favs didn't make the cut. The big difference though for the injustice series is that DC has an extremely deep list of hugely popular characters to choose from. I mean it is literally 100s of times larger than MK.

The problem with guest chars in Injustice is that there are simply so many great DC heroes and villains they could add. They could even satisfy the "guest" ideas as DC is huge (especially if you count its imprints like Vertigo). Like one of the Endless might look odd in Injustice, but is way more a legit injustice guest imo than MK.

Truth is imo, I think one MK guest is kinda cool. I wanted it to be Cage or Cassie. I think Cassie or Cage would both fit in well in DC. 2 characters is just lame AF imo, and 3 would be revolting.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
90% of the worthwhile MK characters made it in X, only Shang and Noob were missing. I'd rather have Predator or Jason than shit jobbers like Havik, green Kitana, girl Sub, or purple Scorpion. The DC universe has the dankest characters ever to pull from.
Agreed with girl-Sub, as for the rest

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I won't be surprised with either scenario, Boon usually trolls but almost all of his trolling tweets lead to something, so even when he trolls it can lead to something legit. So this might be legit.

Also regarding what could be the in KP3, I think there will be a 4th guest character. And I think it's time to finally share my wish:

I want Shredder in IJ2. Yes, I said that. I want Shredder, or any other TMNT char in IJ2. A Batman/TMNT crossover was a thing (I read it, it was good read), so they can put a TMNT char in IJ2. Spawn should be in MK11 due to his dark aura, but the TMNT, while can be dark, fit the DC universe more then Spawn. Also just imagine all of the cool possibilities for Shredder with the Gear system, how many cool armor pieces he can get. If Shredder does make the cut, I will main both him and Sub-Zero (and Starfire of course).

MKX dlc were mostly guest chars, be glad they're including dc this time lol
I don't like guest characters at all personally, but if it's three DC chars in FP 3 then the ratio for the game will be 6 DC 3 guests, which is way better than the MKX ratio of 4 MK and 4 guests.
MKX had 5 MK chars (Triborg, Goro, Bo, Tremor and Tanya) and only guest chars (LF, Jason, Predator and Alien). So it is 5 to 4. That's not "mostly guest characters" at all. And even if there is a 4th guest char for IJ2, that will still be 6 to 4, as Darkseid is also included.

I agree. I think that MKx had a fantastic roster. Though some of my favs didn't make the cut. The big difference though for the injustice series is that DC has an extremely deep list of hugely popular characters to choose from. I mean it is literally 100s of times larger than MK.

The problem with guest chars in Injustice is that there are simply so many great DC heroes and villains they could add. They could even satisfy the "guest" ideas as DC is huge (especially if you count its imprints like Vertigo). Like one of the Endless might look odd in Injustice, but is way more a legit injustice guest imo than MK.

Truth is imo, I think one MK guest is kinda cool. I wanted it to be Cage or Cassie. I think Cassie or Cage would both fit in well in DC. 2 characters is just lame AF imo, and 3 would be revolting.
Except the fact that not everyone DC char can join the DLC roster just because they are from DC. I've said this before and I will say it again. Both Raiden and Hellboy are two iconic chars from their respective franchises and some DC chars will be way more random then them. Also considering how the IJ2 story mode ended, I bet that NRS/WB will save the more popular DC chars that could've been DLC for IJ2 for the core roster of Injustice 3 when that game comes out.

90% of the worthwhile MK characters made it in X, only Shang and Noob were missing. I'd rather have Predator or Jason than shit jobbers like Havik, green Kitana, girl Sub, or purple Scorpion. The DC universe has the dankest characters ever to pull from.
Lol these cars aren't jobbers at all, and MK is dark just as the DC Universe. Hell it's a lot gorier then DC, there you go.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
This is nice news if true. Even if there's still a guest character at least it won't be yet another slot wasted on character already playable in another fighting game. I'm still hoping for all DC characters (come on Mera, Booster Gold, Atom). I'm not buying the guests myself and I hope that maybe after four games, more people are wise next time around and don't go all in with the season passes.

I'm continually amazed at people pulling for Spawn in 2017. That char has not been particularly popular since the 90s. The Spawn movie came out literally 20 years ago.
Seconded. I have a hypothesis that 90% of people who like Spawn enough to want him to make cameos in stuff either don't read comics at all or only ever read Spawn.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Hm, kind of strange that they chose to put Raiden over Johnny Cage in the game then considering Raiden was behind Johnny in the poll that Ed had but kind of glad they went with Raiden instead cause Johnny Cage fighting someone like Superman would be kinda lul. Just hoping they don't ignore the landslide victory that Spawn had in the poll with Hellboy.
This is nice news if true. Even if there's still a guest character at least it won't be yet another slot wasted on character already playable in another fighting game. I'm still hoping for all DC characters (come on Mera, Booster Gold, Atom). I'm not buying the guests myself and I hope that maybe after four games, more people are wise next time around and don't go all in with the season passes.

Seconded. I have a hypothesis that 90% of people who like Spawn enough to want him to make cameos in stuff either don't read comics at all or only ever read Spawn.
He looks bad ass. Enough said. I don't have to read the comics to know that I want to play that mfer.