What's new

Fighter Pack 3 won't contain a Mortal Kombat Character

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Season 3 will not include an MK kharacter, that's good news. But will it include a returning character from inj1?

Fingers crossed for Lex or Sinestro, but I do know it's wishful thinking..

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
MKX had 5 MK chars (Triborg, Goro, Bo, Tremor and Tanya) and only guest chars (LF, Jason, Predator and Alien). So it is 5 to 4. That's not "mostly guest characters" at all. And even if there is a 4th guest char for IJ2, that will still be 6 to 4, as Darkseid is also included.
Goro and Darkseid were on disc. They do not count.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Watchmen was folded into the main DC Universe just recently with Rebirth. As in the current major DCu shake up is all about Dr Manhattan.
Yes, I know. The characters still originate from elsewhere and I prefer keeping them separate. I'm not into this current DC story at all.

For me, Spawn was in the first fighting game that I fell in love with (Soul Calibur 2) and that was my first introduction to the character. From there, I looked up the character's lore and saw that he was pretty cool.

So, for me, it's a bit of a sentimental thing and I actually see him as a fighting game character with a background if that makes sense.

To me, it doesn't really matter how long ago a character was relevant, as long as it's a good character.
That absolutely makes more sense, yes. I just think people are vastly overestimating his popularity when they act like he'd be a slam dunk marketing opportunity or something. He was a much more present pop culture entity back when Soul Calibur 2 came out.

TKB

Noob
Yes, I know. The characters still originate from elsewhere and I prefer keeping them separate. I'm not into this current DC story at all.
Uh... Watchmen has always been DC. I'm not a huge fan of their inclusion but they would absolutely sell like crazy which is generally what they're going for with DLC choices.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Uh... Watchmen has always been DC. I'm not a huge fan of their inclusion but they would absolutely sell like crazy which is generally what they're going for with DLC choices.
They were always published by DC, but the story was set in a different universe not connected to the DC multiverse. I don't know why this is confusing.

And I 100% get why they'd be a smart choice financially, yeah. I'd just prefer Constantine or The Atom to a Watchmen character.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still think it sucks that Doomsday didn't make the cut.
My salt levels about that make this all seem so...ehh.
Especially since it's entirely likely we won't be getting Spawn after all this time.

At least I still have Brainiac's bizarre color palette to keep me strange.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Goro and Darkseid were on disc. They do not count.
They were added via day one patch so that anyone who didn't pre-order them would be able to play against players who did pre-order the games, and the addition was only partial, but if you actually wanted to play them you needed to either pre-order or buy them later as DLC. So yes they are included.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
They were added via day one patch so that anyone who didn't pre-order them would be able to play against players who did pre-order the games, and the addition was only partial, but if you actually wanted to play them you needed to either pre-order or buy them later as DLC. So yes they are included.
They literally are not considered DLC characters by NRS lol. They explicitly said "Darkseid doesn't count". You are tilting at windmills.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
TAnd I 100% get why they'd be a smart choice financially, yeah. I'd just prefer Constantine or The Atom to a Watchmen character.
so just to be clear you are not ok with Watchmen being part of the multiverse but you have not problem with Hellblazer when it got folded into the main continuity?

Roy Arkon

They literally are not considered DLC characters by NRS lol. They explicitly said "Darkseid doesn't count". You are tilting at windmills.
Well if they said that then fine. But still, having 4-4 for MKX and 5-4 for IJ2 (if there is a 4th guest char) isn't bad.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
and when was the last Dr Fate movie
DLC characters have to sell themselves. Roster characters have a way lower bar.

so just to be clear you are not ok with Watchmen being part of the multiverse but you have not problem with Hellblazer when it got folded into the main continuity?
Hellblazer was always adjacent to the main DCU. A better example would be Stormwatch/The Authority, which I didn't like them folding in either but they've done an okay job with it.

With Watchmen I specifically object because it was meant as a standalone story that serves as commentary on the DC universe by being separate from it. Merging it in robs it of its power as a deconstruction.

Constantine originates from the main DC continuity, he started out as Swampthing's buddy, while vertigo had Hellblazer, canonically there has always been a DC version of John Constantine. Vertigo's John was aging with the real world time, and DC's wasn't.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Constantine originates from the main DC continuity, he started out as Swampthing's buddy, while vertigo had Hellblazer, canonically there has always been a DC version of John Constantine. Vertigo's John was aging with the real world time, and DC's wasn't.
Mind if you can show both versions in the pics? Would help to understand who's who there. :)

Mind if you can show both versions in the pics? Would help to understand who's who there. :)
Sorry I have trouble posting images here) They look the same, constantine in the 1985 swamp thing looked more like Sting , I am sure you have seen the covers if the Hellblazer where he looks more brutal and realistic and through all the issues he gradually but noticeably becomes older. The DC Constantine has kept his young look. And now when they integrated some of the Hellblazer stuff into the main DC universe his history has been rewritten and became the amalgam of both. In new 52 version for example it was established that he met Zatanna in New York, not in San Francisco like he did in hellblazer, but now I believe it is back to pre new 52 story, even in Hellblazer he sometimes interacted with characters from the main DC universe ( or their vertigo versions). But what I meant is that the character John Constantine has always been in the main DC Universe since 1985, and later became a new version of himself in Vertigo's comics. But he never disappeared from the main DC.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Sorry I have trouble posting images here) They look the same, constantine in the 1985 swamp thing looked more like Sting , I am sure you have seen the covers if the Hellblazer where he looks more brutal and realistic and through all the issues he gradually but noticeably becomes older. The DC Constantine has kept his young look. And now when they integrated some of the Hellblazer stuff into the main DC universe his history has been rewritten and became the amalgam of both. In new 52 version for example it was established that he met Zatanna in New York, not in San Francisco like he did in hellblazer, but now I believe it is back to pre new 52 story, even in Hellblazer he sometimes interacted with characters from the main DC universe ( or their vertigo versions). But what I meant is that the character John Constantine has always been in the main DC Universe since 1985, and later became a new version of himself in Vertigo's comics. But he never disappeared from the main DC.
Judging by your details here, I would say that this is Vertigo Constantine.

If he's this Vertigo one, then I would say that he's more badass than the real one.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I hate guests in this game but if the Ninja Turtles were a character and the trait was switching between the four turtles that would be dank. Like you'd start as Leo and there would basically be four stances. That'd be lit

Roy Arkon

I hate guests in this game but if the Ninja Turtles were a character and the trait was switching between the four turtles that would be dank. Like you'd start as Leo and there would basically be four stances. That'd be lit
That will be a cool idea. But if I really would've have to choose a TMNT char for IJ2 I would pick Shredder. I can already see him in the game. Also the silhouette from the character select screen does kinda look like him.

I won't be surprised with either scenario, Boon usually trolls but almost all of his trolling tweets lead to something, so even when he trolls it can lead to something legit. So this might be legit.

Also regarding what could be the in KP3, I think there will be a 4th guest character. And I think it's time to finally share my wish:

I want Shredder in IJ2. Yes, I said that. I want Shredder, or any other TMNT char in IJ2. A Batman/TMNT crossover was a thing (I read it, it was good read), so they can put a TMNT char in IJ2. Spawn should be in MK11 due to his dark aura, but the TMNT, while can be dark, fit the DC universe more then Spawn. Also just imagine all of the cool possibilities for Shredder with the Gear system, how many cool armor pieces he can get. If Shredder does make the cut, I will main both him and Sub-Zero (and Starfire of course).

MKX had 5 MK chars (Triborg, Goro, Bo, Tremor and Tanya) and only guest chars (LF, Jason, Predator and Alien). So it is 5 to 4. That's not "mostly guest characters" at all. And even if there is a 4th guest char for IJ2, that will still be 6 to 4, as Darkseid is also included.

Except the fact that not everyone DC char can join the DLC roster just because they are from DC. I've said this before and I will say it again. Both Raiden and Hellboy are two iconic chars from their respective franchises and some DC chars will be way more random then them. Also considering how the IJ2 story mode ended, I bet that NRS/WB will save the more popular DC chars that could've been DLC for IJ2 for the core roster of Injustice 3 when that game comes out.

Lol these cars aren't jobbers at all, and MK is dark just as the DC Universe. Hell it's a lot gorier then DC, there you go.
He said "dank" not dark.