What's new

FGC Trends

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
"Bill" its a word TYM used to describe false propaganda of something that is highly rated as being too good when its actually just trash.

The term came to discredit players often saying character X or Y is good, tech X or Y is good, like MK9 Kano being top 5 propaganda was often known as a "bills of good" kind of thing or the Infamous "Shoryuken Prison from Sub-Zero in MK9 which Tom Brady debunked as being trash.

I dunno why "bill" was the name for it, but its important to notice that "Bill" is also the name of Tom Brady which his real name is "Bill Menoutis"
This is something 16bit got over. It's an old expression "being sold a bill of goods". It's about being tricked or decieved. It got shortened to "Bill".

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The trend to expect NRS to modify the game based not on hard evidence but whining. Whether it's baseless or... based? (another trend word btw. based.) So we have:
Downplay
Upplay

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I don't really think Godlike is an FGC thing. I been saying that since Diablo 2.

Godlike was from before skateboarding was a big thing. It was a big saying in Surfing Culture.. way back in the early 80s when I first started hearing it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, darlin'. But thats NOT an FGC Trend. Thats a JBeezY trend and my Icy puddin' pop, that will NOT go away. But thank ya kindly for sharing your thoughts ;)
Look I like your posts.. but this is not a trend.. it is a transparently self centred way to trying to assert uniqueness but just makes you look kinda like an idiot. It is like if I wore a cat as a hat and went about my daily life going.. "this will never change.. it is just me.. oh what a cooky person I am!"...

In all seriousness you do not need such completely manufactured affectations to assert personality. "Oh my name is Shelly.. that is C-y-a-capital LL-hyphen-y... CyaLL-y.. or a child that has posters all over their room or a kid giving themselves a nick name "Big Man" that no one ever uses. Your a worthwhile person as you are. No need to be so fake.

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
If I could sort of perform a hostile takeover of this topic I'd like to include commentator 'sayings' I guess....

Cause if I hear "What's for breakfast" ever again I might actually do the world a favour and just end my life

Jynks

The one I hated in MKx days was "full stick of butter"... I am not sure of this .. but I think that wasn't Aries, though he used it.

Cause if I hear "What's for breakfast" ever again I might actually do the world a favour and just end my life
That is another Aries thing. Love or hate him he brought so much personality to commentating that he coined so many of the sayings..

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Look I like your posts.. but this is not a trend.. it is a transparently self centred way to trying to assert uniqueness but just makes you look kinda like an idiot. It is like if I wore a cat as a hat and went about my daily life going.. "this will never change.. it is just me.. oh what a cooky person I am!"...

In all seriousness you do not need such completely manufactured affectations to assert personality. "Oh my name is Shelly.. that is C-y-a-capital LL-hyphen-y... CyaLL-y.. or a child that has posters all over their room or a kid giving themselves a nick name "Big Man" that no one ever uses. Your a worthwhile person as you are. No need to be so fake.
wut lmao let the man do what he wants to do lol

How'd you even bring yourself to write 2 paragraphs on that

Like I'm not the biggest fan of it but like wtf even is this lmao

E

Eldriken

Godlike was from before skateboarding was a big thing. It was a big saying in Surfing Culture.. way back in the early 80s when I first started hearing it.

Jynks, DUDE. Stop.

Telling this dude he's fake and trying to find a way to make himself seem unique? Wtf, sir?

Get that shit outta here, pronto.

Jynks

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
-Dr. Seuss

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I didn't stumble upon the FGC until 2014 so I'm curious, when did phrases like "nerf" and "buff" start becoming common? Also, when did escaping throws start becoming "teching throws"?

Jynks

I didn't stumble upon the FGC until 2014 so I'm curious, when did phrases like "nerf" and "buff" start becoming common? Also, when did escaping throws start becoming "teching throws"?
they can from the MMO scene....

not sure when Tech Throws became a thing it was counter throw for me for ages.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

You act like you know me. Awww bless your heart! A complete stranger on the internet who never met me in life call me fake because I say ?Question mark?. FASCINATING!

I dont even know where to start with this foolishness....But Uncle JBeezY can point you in the right direction of your inquiry. ;)

Jynks, DUDE. Stop.

Telling this dude he's fake and trying to find a way to make himself seem unique? Wtf, sir?

Get that shit outta here, pronto.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
In all seriousness, stop. People always perceived you as an okay dude, don't fuck it up by behaving like this.Period.

E

Eldriken

Teching may have come from Street Fighter. I'm not 100% sure. "Technical" would come up on the side when you'd tech one.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Teching may have come from Street Fighter. I'm not 100% sure. "Technical" would come up on the side when you'd tech one.
I believe this to be true. I remember crouch teching was a big thing in USFIV. If you suspected a throw coming, you could mash dlp+lk. If they didn't throw, you'd just get a crouching light punch or light kick. If they did throw, you teched.

Wigy

There it is...
Jynx just put him on Ignore list, I found his stuff obnoxious and attention seeking so i did it. In the end it's not malicious or anything so gotta just ignore it or put him on Ignore.

Can give people shit if they're being dicks but not if you just find them annoying.

On topic I use bill all the time, great phrase.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Jynx just put him on Ignore list, I found his stuff obnoxious and attention seeking so i did it. In the end it's not malicious or anything so gotta just ignore it or put him on Ignore.

Can give people shit if they're being dicks but not if you just find them annoying.

On topic I use bill all the time, great phrase.
You find my "stuff" obnoxious and attention seeking, yet you respond to the thread topic that I created.....Hmmmmm.....*thinks*....okaaaaaaay :confused:

Although we do agree on ONE thing. That ignore button works wonders if you don't like what I post, just ignore it. I'll give you same advice. It's a win win situation for both sides :l:qtl:D:qtr:r