What's new

FFVII REMAKE ANNOUNCED

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
The Ps4 was Great but FINAL FANTASY VII, LAST GUARDIAN, SHENMUE III, HORIZON, lets not forget Cammy and Birdie in SF V....... Yep its the Best time to own a Ps4

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
The Ps4 was Great but FINAL FANTASY VII, LAST GUARDIAN, SHENMUE III, HORIZON, lets not forget Cammy and Birdie in SF V....... Yep its the Best time to own a Ps4
To be fair, we're getting hardly anything this year from Sony as far as E3 goes.
Most of it is coming next year sadly.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
That was a big one. The first true emotional moment I've ever had in gaming.

Another thing I'll never forget is after all the early drama finally making it to Shinra Headquarters standing outside, that epic music playing, deciding whether to go in the front or sneak through the side. Then seeing President Shinra dead with Sephiroth's sword in his back. Man that was TOO epic.

I'll also never forget traveling across the marsh on chocobo because I couldn't kill that snake yet, just to see Sephiroth killed it. Dressing up as a woman to get into Don Corneo's house. Yuffie stealing all my stuff. The Sephiroth back story with Cloud. How incredibly annoying and useless Cait Sith was. The Combat Arena at the Golden Saucer. The mystery in trying to find out Cloud's true past and Tifa's. Exploring open world for the first time ever. The mind blowing graphics of the cut scenes. The Final Battle with Sephiroth. Getting stabbed to death trying to fight Tonberry's. Never defeating Ruby Weapon after 578 tries over the years. Leveling up in that under water wrecked ship. The music. Etc x100000000

It's like people who say wrestling was overrated and it's nostalgia thinking back in the NWO and Attitude Era days. At the time it was EPIC, but if you look back it now without having watched it at the time, it seems over done and unnecessary, but that's not even close to the experience in the late 90's/early 00's. FF7 is like this. My #1 most played game ever and most memorable. Over the years I've probably played it 25-30 times over between games.

Man these young Bucks really don't understand what FF7 was back then.
Well said sir...well said.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
why 7??? :/ FF6 is the one that deserves a remake if any in the series.
Cause there is way more demand globally for FF7.
Anything before FF7 is far less popular.
I personally find FF6 the best in the series, but FF7 introduced the genre to a lot of people, and most of them have never played any FF before 7.

I also believe the narrator saying that they are keeping their promise, is basically saying that they indeed kept their promise they made years ago which loosely said "if the demand is high enough we will consider it"

It probably is the most requested game for a remake in the world.
FF6 dwarfs in comparison in regards to demand/request.

portent

Noob
I can't believe all these comments people are making calling FF7 meh and overrated.

It was probably the first true mainstream RPG in the USA. Even FF3(6) wasn't really mainstream in the USA. FF7 was an amazing game and it paved the road for the genre in the US. That said, anyone who acts like FF7 was meh or overrated is obviously someone trying to be cool by not liking the in or popular things. Breaking news, if something is popular, it's because its usually good.

That was a big one. The first true emotional moment I've ever had in gaming.

Another thing I'll never forget is after all the early drama finally making it to Shinra Headquarters standing outside, that epic music playing, deciding whether to go in the front or sneak through the side. Then seeing President Shinra dead with Sephiroth's sword in his back. Man that was TOO epic.

I'll also never forget traveling across the marsh on chocobo because I couldn't kill that snake yet, just to see Sephiroth killed it. Dressing up as a woman to get into Don Corneo's house. Yuffie stealing all my stuff. The Sephiroth back story with Cloud. How incredibly annoying and useless Cait Sith was. The Combat Arena at the Golden Saucer. The mystery in trying to find out Cloud's true past and Tifa's. Exploring open world for the first time ever. The mind blowing graphics of the cut scenes. The Final Battle with Sephiroth. Getting stabbed to death trying to fight Tonberry's. Never defeating Ruby Weapon after 578 tries over the years. Leveling up in that under water wrecked ship. The music. Etc x100000000

It's like people who say wrestling was overrated and it's nostalgia thinking back in the NWO and Attitude Era days. At the time it was EPIC, but if you look back it now without having watched it at the time, it seems over done and unnecessary, but that's not even close to the experience in the late 90's/early 00's. FF7 is like this. My #1 most played game ever and most memorable. Over the years I've probably played it 25-30 times over between games.

Man these young Bucks really don't understand what FF7 was back then.
Εverything you said. The fuckin ruby weapon needed a strategy where you kill 2/3 of your party and let Cid do specific stuff.
It's finally HAPPEEEEENIIIING
omg omg omg HOW THE FUCK we'll wait for 2 years?

Also, lol at people who say " what's the buzz, overrated blah blah" You just don't know what this means:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
And lol at the time like 5 years ago I played the game and named EVERY ONE sephiroth. It was so confusing I had to restart it

E

Eldriken

I went to sleep thinking about this game, and woke up thinking about it. So many memories from my early teens flooded back in. For all the OG's like me reminisce!

Too. Damn. Epic.
Did you know you don't even have to use Omnislash to win? If you let Sephiroth attack you, you won't die and you automatically counter-attack him and he drops from one hit.

I wanted to see what happened if he beat you and sadly it seems that he can't. I even equipped the Buster Sword for this part and did like 1,000 damage and he still dropped.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I have always wanted to play it, now I can play it with out the graphics bothering me.

FF13 was my first one, and I loved it.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Give me a PS4 remake of The Legend of Dragoon, then we'll talk.
@Mr. Mileena With Lloyd playable upon beating the game, bypassing character deaths / unavailability such as continuing to use Lavitz and Shana in a completed game rather than Albert and Miranda just for coolness, and other cool little features. Music is still gold i wouldn't even touch it tbh, just remade visuals.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ NOW WE RIOT FOR LoD ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
lol.

FF7 remake has me excited still :p Wonder how true they will stay to the original.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I can't believe they're actually doing it. This was probably my single greatest gaming experience. So much going on in my head right now. Is there any info whatsoever beyond this trailer? God, I hope they do something along the lines of Resident Evil's remake on GameCube because that was brilliant.

Super excited, I just hope they update the original game and system. Turn-based, limit breaks, updated materia system and stats, exploring, grinding, non-linear... don't make it FF13 with FF7 aesthetics.

Can't wait for info.