What's new

Female designs and lack of variety

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Oh so you're cursing and moaning about what again? Sorry I use this site to upload tech not have middle school arguments. You joined the site in 2019. Never spent a dime either. I used to pay for this site even if I wasn't playing any nrs games. Glad I stopped paying for it.
Bro, you're the one that started the moaning and whining little dude. "Muh muh muh sexual designs being changed because a member of QA made a comment about them on a Kombat Kast" (again, no evidence for this)

Wait, so at one point you actually PAID to have clown takes? Shieeeeet.

I'm assuming these are from the future Invasion seasons?

The intro to Invasions mode opens with these costumes, a few of which are above:

That's my guess. The reward for the first season is the Order of Darkness Scorpion skin, so I expect many of the Order of Darkness skins will be Invasions rewards.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah but your observation is meaningless as it is pure baseless speculation. You tried to imply that the suggestion of one staff member caused design changes. Zero evidence, apart from a throwaway line in a kombat kast.

Shame that there's no class for reasoning and logic, as you need to attend one my dude.
I love Sub-Zero’s white eyes (meant to quote the other post) but that’s it

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Imagine thinking that QA have sole decision making power over character designs, and not NRS succumbing to the thousands of critics who mocked MK for being overly sexualised. Maybe they decided to grow the fuck up a little bit and not have a naked Mileena covering her nips and vagina with some fucking toilet paper.

I do think most of the designs are boring now, but not because of that, they're just.....boring.

As a side note, every single outfit in the Invasions image above is dog shit in my opinion. Look like they belong in a damn Injustice game, over designed messes.
MKX designs looked the best, especially for females I think. The body suits are kinda boring but aren’t terrible, just over-designed. They loo A LOT better in motion. Like 5/10 designs, but the models are very high quality. It seems like they genuinely thought the body suits were the way to go and not part of an agenda because it’s not like they hit the girls with the ugly stick or made a fat character, most characters in this game period are good looking.

I think the games having a story mode is the biggest reason to not have over-sexualized characters. In MK9, the Sindel massacre aftermath where Liu and Raiden show up to find everyone has a shot where Kitana is either dead or near dead, but her rack takes up like the entire shot, it was jarring even for me as an 12 year old when I first played it.

I personally like the character designs in all the modern games. They each have their pros and cons and are an interesting snapshot in design mentality of their respective time.

Having said that, my personal preference is Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, though I think Mortal Kombat XL hit a nice overall balance.