What's new

Female designs and lack of variety

Cicada 5

Noob
Isn't it 3?

Johnny Yong Bosch - Kung Jin - Adam Park (Replaces Zack as the Black Ranger in MMPR)
Richard Epcar - Raiden - Various Villains
Daniel Southworth - Kenshi (MK: Legacy) - Eric Myers (Quantum Ranger in Power Rangers: Time Force)
I corrected it to three but I honestly didn't know Richard Epcar had done any voice work for Power Rangers. So I guess that makes it four.

View attachment 20946
I don't get why this is not the default outfit for nitara, there's no jimmy neutron hair, and it looks more like megan fox...
It wasn't a good idea to drink coffee and read your comment at the same time. I burst out laughing when I read "Jimmy Neutron hair." Thanks for spilling my coffee. :laughing:

Now I can't play Nitara without thinking about Jimmy Neutron. Just like I can't stop thinking about Aliens and also Predator when I see Mileena.

And I wanted to make Nitara aswell Mileena my mains.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Mandibles, or mandible-like jaws, aren't uncommon in sci-fi/gaming though. Look at Starcraft, or Halo. The first alien in media that first had mandibles may have been Predator, though. 1986.
I get Predator vibes from her too. I also get Xenomorph vibes from the way the Sangheli in Halo are shaped (especially their head) and Predator vibes with the mandibles obviously.

I don’t see Mileena or the Elites as rip offs though, I think the Elites are kind of reminiscent of Xenomorphs and Predators to communicate instantly that they’re very intelligent, strong, and nimble because of the light nods to creatures audiences are familiar with.

I did prefer the MK9 Mileena face to the others, I don’t like the lips or mandibles or any of that, I want her looking just awful and monstrous.

I get Predator vibes from her too. I also get Xenomorph vibes from the way the Sangheli in Halo are shaped (especially their head) and Predator vibes with the mandibles obviously.

I don’t see Mileena or the Elites as rip offs though, I think the Elites are kind of reminiscent of Xenomorphs and Predators to communicate instantly that they’re very intelligent, strong, and nimble because of the light nods to creatures audiences are familiar with.

I did prefer the MK9 Mileena face to the others, I don’t like the lips or mandibles or any of that, I want her looking just awful and monstrous.
I don't consider them rip offs either. A better term I think would be inspired or influenced by.

For Halo, the faction always reminded me of Starcraft. The Elite reminded me of Protoss Zealots with their visual style and Energy Swords. The Covenant the Protoss in general. The Terrans are the UNSC and the Zerg the Flood (hive mind, monsters, etc.). Again not a 1 to 1, but there's similarities.

For Mileena's face, being a completely new time line with new origins, we'll see how it goes. I think her look in Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate was fantastic.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't consider them rip offs either. A better term I think would be inspired or influenced by.

For Halo, the faction always reminded me of Starcraft. The Elite reminded me of Protoss Zealots with their visual style and Energy Swords. The Covenant the Protoss in general. The Terrans are the UNSC and the Zerg the Flood (hive mind, monsters, etc.). Again not a 1 to 1, but there's similarities.

For Mileena's face, being a completely new time line with new origins, we'll see how it goes. I think her look in Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate was fantastic.
I honestly don’t think Mileena has looked bad in an NRS game, very cool character and concept.

I haven’t played StarCraft but I just see the Colonial Marines from Aliens in the UNSC Marines haha.

I’m hoping Mileena is as fun as she looks even if I may not end up picking her up for about 6 months or so. Want to get in a good place with Sub first but Mileena looks awesome this time around.

I haven’t played StarCraft but I just see the Colonial Marines from Aliens in the UNSC Marines haha.
Oh absolutely. Alien and Predator has influenced a lot of games. The Marines from Aliens absolutely influenced the Terrans. The Zerg are totally the Xenomorphs (mixed with Borg). The Protoss have Predator vibes.

I’m hoping Mileena is as fun as she looks even if I may not end up picking her up for about 6 months or so. Want to get in a good place with Sub first but Mileena looks awesome this time around.
I'm very, very excited for her. I've already gotten to play one of my mains in the Stress Test and Beta, now for the other.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Oh absolutely. Alien and Predator has influenced a lot of games. The Marines from Aliens absolutely influenced the Terrans. The Zerg are totally the Xenomorphs (mixed with Borg). The Protoss have Predator vibes.

I'm very, very excited for her. I've already gotten to play one of my mains in the Stress Test and Beta, now for the other.
Same, Sub is always my main, but Mileena is probably my third favorite MK character after Cage. But I never like how Cage plays, don’t like playing pure rush down characters, but I did play some A-List before they ruined him in MKX cause the run cancels were really fun.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I corrected it to three but I honestly didn't know Richard Epcar had done any voice work for Power Rangers. So I guess that makes it four.
Richard Epcar did a lot of the voices of the monsters in MMPR but was uncredited.

But who’s the 4th?

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
As I mentioned, Daniel Soutworth (Kenshi in MK: Legacy), Johnny Yong Bosch (Kung Jin in MKX) and Ludi Lin (Liu Kang in the 2021 Mortal Kombat movie).
Oh shit! I forgot about Ludi Lin because he was in the new Power Rangers movie which I only watched once (Wasn't a big fan but I loved Elizabeth Banks as Rita though).

To be pedantic, Alien heavily inspired 40k tyranids which then inspired/was stolen from in Starcraft for zerg (whole bag of worms there). Of course it all extends from HR Geiger.

Game in general has really bland/bad visual design on its characters. Things are overly busy, overly detailed, overly overly. Raiden, for instance, is bland AF looking.

It doesn't help that they OBVIOUSLY only have 3 body types in the game with Male, Big Male and Female...which just further hurts stuff. They need to get away from the x-ray stuff and the ludicrous detail that forces them into having zero real variety on their characters. Games like SF, GG and Tekken are absolutely lambasting them in the aesthetic department.

MK would benefit greatly by VASTLY changing up their style for a change of pace. Embrace something like the style of MK: Snowblind where you would have stylized characters with stylized over the top anime-like blood & gore. It'd be an awesome visual shake-up for the series and allow more colorful and striking designs rather than this bland nonsense. (also Snowblind is just great in general and about the best piece of MK media in maybe like 2 decades)

Art Lean

Noob
I'm assuming these are from the future Invasion seasons?

The intro to Invasions mode opens with these costumes, a few of which are above:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The person in the kombat kast that sits on the far right, a couple years ago when mkx came out the person seemed uncomfortable about mk9 and ever since it's been body suits
Just a warning: don't do this. You're talking about people who have no power to make this decision, and aren't employed in artist or lead creative roles. That's not what QA is for, and this is how baseless abuse begins.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Just a warning: don't do this. You're talking about people who have no power to make this decision, and aren't employed in artist or lead creative roles. That's not what QA is for, and this is how baseless abuse begins.
I've said this days ago, and if it's baseless make sure you fact check the combat kast podcasts I wouldn't say that for no reason.

And if you have a problem you could've of messaged me to delete it; not try to argue on a post. Nothing was cruel or disruptive with what I've said

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Imagine thinking that QA have sole decision making power over character designs, and not NRS succumbing to the thousands of critics who mocked MK for being overly sexualised. Maybe they decided to grow the fuck up a little bit and not have a naked Mileena covering her nips and vagina with some fucking toilet paper.

I do think most of the designs are boring now, but not because of that, they're just.....boring.

As a side note, every single outfit in the Invasions image above is dog shit in my opinion. Look like they belong in a damn Injustice game, over designed messes.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Imagine thinking that QA have sole decision making power over character designs, and not NRS succumbing to the thousands of critics who mocked MK for being overly sexualised. Maybe they decided to grow the fuck up a little bit and not have a naked Mileena covering her nips and vagina with some fucking toilet paper.

I do think most of the designs are boring now, but not because of that, they're just.....boring.

As a side note, every single outfit in the Invasions image above is dog shit in my opinion. Look like they belong in a damn Injustice game, over designed messes.
Not my thread and if they said it in the kombat kast, there has to be an underlying reason for saying it. I did not say they have the sole decision. People love to argue now on the internet I've never made a thread anything like this one. Again not my thread. English class is important it was an OBSERVATION that I said not a STATEMENT.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Not my thread and if they said it in the kombat kast, there has to be an underlying reason for saying it. I did not say they have the sole decision. People love to argue now on the internet I've never made a thread anything like this one. Again not my thread. English class is important it was an OBSERVATION that I said not a STATEMENT.
Yeah but your observation is meaningless as it is pure baseless speculation. You tried to imply that the suggestion of one staff member caused design changes. Zero evidence, apart from a throwaway line in a kombat kast.

Shame that there's no class for reasoning and logic, as you need to attend one my dude.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Yeah but your observation is meaningless as it is pure baseless speculation. You tried to imply that the suggestion of one staff member caused design changes. Zero evidence, apart from a throwaway line in a kombat kast.

Shame that there's no class for reasoning and logic, as you need to attend one my dude.
Oh so you're cursing and moaning about what again? Sorry I use this site to upload tech not have middle school arguments. You joined the site in 2019. Never spent a dime either. I used to pay for this site even if I wasn't playing any nrs games. Glad I stopped paying for it.