What's new

Fellow Tarkatans who are your alts?

So I’ve pretty much exclusively played Baraka since launch but am looking at picking up one or two more alts. Looking at Sub and Liu Kang as my top two picks but wanted to get some input and see what other Baraka mains were playing. Any recommendations?

TheLewis

Noob
I play Baraka, Frost and Geras.

I know Geras is super strong right now but he reminds me of tremor from mkx so i play him, plus he has super good buttons like Baraka.

Frost is more my space control character and I was looking forward to her when I heard she made it in. She's fun but I dont think she's as strong as Baraka.

If you're interested in Lui Kang he has some great plus frames and staggers kind of like Baraka. Good punishes and KBs too.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I haven't played any matchup that tells me that he NEEDS an alt to cover, FWIW.

I personally was planning on learning one of the top tiers but decided to stick with Baraka solo for now. But my advice would be to pick one of them up. Erron, Sonya, Geras, Scorp, Sub. See if you find any of them fun to play. Otherwise just play who interests you and see if you can make them work.

smile

Noob
i alt half the cast so i'm terrible with all of them lol, we'll need to grind mu's and determine who baraka struggles against before we can decide who would be a good secondary (if he even needs one). easy day 1 strat is having a zoner and a rushdown so maybe look at cetrion, skarlet, erron, starfire (jk)

It’s never too late to man up and play Kotal. But honestly without suggesting someone specific what I always say is try 1) a vastly different play style so maybe a zoner like smile said or 2) another easy to use kharacter just to build up your katalogue or 3) someone more komplicated that allows you to use the base you’ve built up with Baraka

So I’ve pretty much exclusively played Baraka since launch but am looking at picking up one or two more alts. Looking at Sub and Liu Kang as my top two picks but wanted to get some input and see what other Baraka mains were playing. Any recommendations?
ive been a sub zero main since deadly alliance (ps2 era gamer) and for the first time ever i switched to baraka as my main so maybe youd like sub? i was personally wondering if my play style attracted me to certain characters and you thinking about trying sub maybe adds evidence to that ha

Baraka is my main and the other characters I play I just chose because I like them (Shao, Noob, Scorp). That said however I think Scorpion might be a good secondary because he's an anti zoner. I know it might be too early to call bad match ups and this is 110% my own personal struggles with the MU's, but I feel like my Baraka gets zoned out by good Centrion and Skarlet players. Skarlet feels especially difficult cuz of the range and safeness of her strings. Not to mention they can teleport out of the corner :/

I play Baraka and Jade just because they’re two totally different play styles. If I’m getting killed up close, I switch to Jade and zone. Same the other way if I start with Jade and can’t keep the guy away.

I am really struggling to pick up a second main.I love Baraka but I get out zoned hard especially with laggy Jades and Scorpion. I feel Baraka buttons fill so natural to me now.
I really dont wantt to pick up anyone else.Ok maybe Nighfwolf when he is released.
I tried Raiden buttons Mhhh no
I tried Kotal Mmm no
I tired Kollecter Mhh no

All other characters feel clucky to me cant punish nothing everything feels whacky.
Any one else experience this because When I say main I mean main.I have over 1000 matches with Baraka and cant get away form using [email protected]

Last edited:

BlackKen

Noob
Alt Sub and Scorpion. Baraka needs a better fireball to contend w zoners, but maybe thats what his bone picker variation is for idk