What's new

Fellow Tarkatans who are your alts?

So I’ve pretty much exclusively played Baraka since launch but am looking at picking up one or two more alts. Looking at Sub and Liu Kang as my top two picks but wanted to get some input and see what other Baraka mains were playing. Any recommendations?

TheLewis

Noob
I play Baraka, Frost and Geras.

I know Geras is super strong right now but he reminds me of tremor from mkx so i play him, plus he has super good buttons like Baraka.

Frost is more my space control character and I was looking forward to her when I heard she made it in. She's fun but I dont think she's as strong as Baraka.

If you're interested in Lui Kang he has some great plus frames and staggers kind of like Baraka. Good punishes and KBs too.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I haven't played any matchup that tells me that he NEEDS an alt to cover, FWIW.

I personally was planning on learning one of the top tiers but decided to stick with Baraka solo for now. But my advice would be to pick one of them up. Erron, Sonya, Geras, Scorp, Sub. See if you find any of them fun to play. Otherwise just play who interests you and see if you can make them work.

smile

Noob
i alt half the cast so i'm terrible with all of them lol, we'll need to grind mu's and determine who baraka struggles against before we can decide who would be a good secondary (if he even needs one). easy day 1 strat is having a zoner and a rushdown so maybe look at cetrion, skarlet, erron, starfire (jk)

It’s never too late to man up and play Kotal. But honestly without suggesting someone specific what I always say is try 1) a vastly different play style so maybe a zoner like smile said or 2) another easy to use kharacter just to build up your katalogue or 3) someone more komplicated that allows you to use the base you’ve built up with Baraka

So I’ve pretty much exclusively played Baraka since launch but am looking at picking up one or two more alts. Looking at Sub and Liu Kang as my top two picks but wanted to get some input and see what other Baraka mains were playing. Any recommendations?
ive been a sub zero main since deadly alliance (ps2 era gamer) and for the first time ever i switched to baraka as my main so maybe youd like sub? i was personally wondering if my play style attracted me to certain characters and you thinking about trying sub maybe adds evidence to that ha

Baraka is my main and the other characters I play I just chose because I like them (Shao, Noob, Scorp). That said however I think Scorpion might be a good secondary because he's an anti zoner. I know it might be too early to call bad match ups and this is 110% my own personal struggles with the MU's, but I feel like my Baraka gets zoned out by good Centrion and Skarlet players. Skarlet feels especially difficult cuz of the range and safeness of her strings. Not to mention they can teleport out of the corner :/

I play Baraka and Jade just because they’re two totally different play styles. If I’m getting killed up close, I switch to Jade and zone. Same the other way if I start with Jade and can’t keep the guy away.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I've got hundreds of hours in and it's been pretty much 100% Baraka Maurader.

Need to pick up a secondary for bad MUs. Centurion is especially difficult..

Who would compliment Baraka?

Im thinking Erron because I could deal with zoners, or Johnny because he looks fun.

Geras cuz he's broke?

Thoughts?

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Johnny is definitely a fun character, but if you’re trying to find a character to use against Cetrion, Johnny is probably not who you wanna use lol. That MU is rough in my experience as Johnny. Scorpion would be a good choice, he has what’s probably the best answer to zoning in the game with his teleport.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Johnny is definitely a fun character, but if you’re trying to find a character to use against Cetrion, Johnny is probably not who you wanna use lol. That MU is rough in my experience as Johnny. Scorpion would be a good choice, he has what’s probably the best answer to zoning in the game with his teleport.
Might be a bad time to learn a character that is probably gonna get butchered next patch lol.

I use Jade as a secondary. It’s nice to have a backup with a completely different type of game play. If the other guy is dominating me in the close up match, I can switch to a zoner and try to beat him from a distance.

There are a lot of people out there who are really good against one type of opponent, but not great against the other, so you have a set of options against them.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Cool makes sense, yeah I think I need a pocket character with a teleport. Time to try out scorpion, havnt played him since mk9..thanks

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Yo what up dude, haven't seen you around since the Mk9 days!
Anyways you should pick up Geras, he has an 80% unblockable damage reset just like Cyrax lmfaoooo(seriously he does)