What's new

Fellow Tarkatans who are your alts?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Yo what up dude, haven't seen you around since the Mk9 days!
Anyways you should pick up Geras, he has an 80% unblockable damage reset just like Cyrax lmfaoooo(seriously he does)
Whatup dude!! You still on XBL?

Yeah I thought about him for the broken damage but I suspect nerf inc lol. I'm just holding out for cyrax so I can quit my job and go balls in with MK11. Not looking good with that leak tho =(

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The only scenario where I can imagine picking JC as a viable counterpick would be... Geras, but that requires a very specific matchup familiarity. Cetrion is definitely not it.
I have a pocket Raiden and he does okay. You have essentially the same TP as her and it makes a huge difference.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
The only scenario where I can imagine picking JC as a viable counterpick would be... Geras, but that requires a very specific matchup familiarity. Cetrion is definitely not it.
I have a pocket Raiden and he does okay. You have essentially the same TP as her and it makes a huge difference.
Cool thanks...yeah I realized johnny would be a bad idea but damn does he look fun. Going to jump on the pocket scorp train

I really love Baraka but the zoning characters.Give me a fit got to God Rank KL just with Baraka I may have to break down and get good with scorpion@@Lol

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Call me crazy but I went from being a Baraka main to a Jade main. I got sick of chasing and turtling.

Jade covers a lot of Baraka’s bad matchups really well. She handles Shang and Cetrion nicely thanks to her ability to totally ignore their zoning (other than Corpse Drop for some nonsense reason). You’ll miss hitting those high-damage Baraka kombos, but she more than makes up for it with the overall fun and utility of her kit.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Johnny is definitely a fun character, but if you’re trying to find a character to use against Cetrion, Johnny is probably not who you wanna use lol. That MU is rough in my experience as Johnny. Scorpion would be a good choice, he has what’s probably the best answer to zoning in the game with his teleport.
That really needs to get shut down. I’d love to see every character have an answer to it, just so he’s not whored out so much if nothing else.

Call me crazy but I went from being a Baraka main to a Jade main. I got sick of chasing and turtling.

Jade covers a lot of Baraka’s bad matchups really well. She handles Shang and Cetrion nicely thanks to her ability to totally ignore their zoning (other than Corpse Drop for some nonsense reason). You’ll miss hitting those high-damage Baraka kombos, but she more than makes up for it with the overall fun and utility of her kit.
Jade is my next after completing Skarlet’s towers. Not sure who I’ll like more. I think the corpse drop is too quick to react for her? The video link above mentions it.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You may enjoy Kano. Simple tools, but you need to rely on hard reads and conditioning.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
If it's zoners you're struggling against, Scorpion is probably your best bet. Just make sure you time your TPs well or Cetrion will blow you the fuck up.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler

Thanks. Really good Jades give me problems. She is really good at keeping you out by mixing up her stick wiggle, iafbs, and green kick thing. That green kick is so hard to punish, I swear I guess wrong every time

I am really struggling to pick up a second main.I love Baraka but I get out zoned hard especially with laggy Jades and Scorpion. I feel Baraka buttons fill so natural to me now.
I really dont wantt to pick up anyone else.Ok maybe Nighfwolf when he is released.
I tried Raiden buttons Mhhh no
I tried Kotal Mmm no
I tired Kollecter Mhh no

All other characters feel clucky to me cant punish nothing everything feels whacky.
Any one else experience this because When I say main I mean main.I have over 1000 matches with Baraka and cant get away form using him!@

Last edited:

BlackKen

Noob
Alt Sub and Scorpion. Baraka needs a better fireball to contend w zoners, but maybe thats what his bone picker variation is for idk

i started sub zero but he felt kind of boring in this one (especially default skin wise) so jumped on baraka and now my cousins always complain that he is OVER POWERED lol but now i mess with baraka sub z night wolf kano they all have great normals frame wise i like scorpion and noob also but dont really play them for real for real