What's new

FEEDBACK TIME: By Wed Oct 10th I will send a video to Ed Boon's twitter

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Thanks. I'm nearly done with all audio recording now. The video is 30 minutes long and goes DEEP on everything folks have said. I'm going to do another take though and try to condense everything down. I'll work into the second take the announcer idea being mentioned. I will say this, I pushed hard on those videos AND for some form of recording so folks can directly share combos and stuff through the game. Its been mentioned by several users and its a big thing even if they could only implement it as input sharing. It gets old searching on forums and youtube for stuff outside of game the option be able to search for this information within game is a pretty big advancement that folks have been mentioning and I felt it needs mentioning.

Hope no one minds that.

shaowebb

Aaaaaaaaaand done. Okay, I'm going to go over the audio now and if all things came out well I'll start editting together the footage for NRS. If anyone has download links to game footage to use for filler that I can download and have running in the background it might be good. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

EDIT: Rendering now. AE keeps crashing on me during export though so forgive me it may take a bit. However, I got all your feedback in that I could and it came across pretty objectively and showcased both sides to arguments which was the goal in fully presenting this to them. Thank you everyone for all your discussions. Once it renders and manages to upload I will post it here.

shaowebb

Done. I'm tired now. Sorry if I left out anything. I tried to present as much as I could from as many angles as I could while remaining objective about everything. I think everything was presented fairly without pushing for anything particular. Its up to NRS to interpret the information on this as they see fit. Thanks you everyone for your help.

My only regret is that to get it small enough to upload some video quality was lost in compression.

EDIT: I'm going to have to change the date I dance The Bernie BTW. I gotta get some studio concepts done for the indie game guys I'm on a team with tonight. I'll do it Friday since I work tomorrow. Rest assured though I'm a man of my word. Green Arrow is in so I WILL dress up as him in full costume and dance The Bernie in celebratory hype and for everyone's general amusement :)

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I like when you mention the option in dead or alive 5 to turn off danger zones. I would have mention that the stage transition in DOA5 (and I mean the duration of the transition and the camera movement) is just perfect :), but maybe if you mention it could be disrespectful in someway.
I also like when you mention the need for footage, footage = hype = marketing = :u sells. But not also combos footage, I think most buyers will like to see special moves from their favorite comic characters that really fit them, so a combination of combos and special moves footage will be good enough to sell this product, and of course the fighting game fans could give more feedback. I think you did a great job with that video, very informative and classy. Thumbs up :D.

shaowebb

I like when you mention the option in dead or alive 5 to turn off danger zones. I would have mention that the stage transition in DOA5 (and I mean the duration of the transition and the camera movement) is just perfect :), but maybe if you mention it could be disrespectful in someway.
I also like when you mention the need for footage, footage = hype = marketing = :u sells. But not also combos footage, I think most buyers will like to see special moves from their favorite comic characters that really fit them, so a combination of combos and special moves footage will be good enough to sell this product, and of course the fighting game fans could give more feedback. I think you did a great job with that video, very informative and classy. Thumbs up :D.
Thanks. It took up most of the day compiling and summarizing stuff. Eventually I had to just stop and record. The combos thing isn't me pushing for either/ or though...I was kind of hoping to get all 3 as seperate things if they're willing. More trailers like Green Arrow/Catwoman done for those that didn't get something like that, some matches we could watch to give us strategy or combo clues about how to use stuff, and then maybe some breakdowns by one of the testers. The latter two were aimed at maybe giving us what the fans/ S.Kill was able to with the MVC3 games. Those came across pretty awesomely to the tourney crowd and I'd love to see some special vids like those done up for us. If they don't then its fine, but we really could use those re-reveals for the original 6 and move breakdowns so I thought I'd just push for every possible thing they could do to name everything I could think of we like.

I tried to keep the cards relative to the topic too so they can skip easily to listen to parts again later if they wanted to share just parts of it to folks. Figured looking for a single image was better than trying to memorize clips orders. It isn't about me either so why just film myself talking? I wanted the focus on the topics so I organized it that way. Hoping they like what they hear and maybe incorporate some feedback into how they consider handling certain game ideas. Here's hoping they go for the options I mentioned at the end I've seen folks ask for regarding record and upload matches and combos. If they can only do one then combo uploading or annotation for combo uploading should be it IMO. Streamlining the ability to search for tech in game is way better than hitting youtube and scouring forums for tips on the technical stuff. It'd give folks a voice and generate a lot of user content for players to explore.

shaowebb

Lol. I left character begging out, but the bulk of my time was spent breaking down every argument on Clash. Trust me they heard every little thing we felt on it. PS- Black Adam would be awesome. One of the most under rated villains IMO.

Reedoms

Noob
You dare say that after the overrated WW3? That event alone put him vastly above many others, even though he should have lost BADLY in that fight.
Adam is on the same strength of Captain Marvel if not stronger.
It may have seemed silly the way that they showed it, but in all seriousness Adam could essentially go to war with the world and the only one that could stop him would be Cap.

Adam is on the same strength of Captain Marvel if not stronger.
It may have seemed silly the way that they showed it, but in all seriousness Adam could essentially go to war with the world and the only one that could stop him would be Cap.
WW3 was still overrated and as full of PIS as WW Hulk was.
Yeah, Black Adam is a strong one, but he was by far not the most powerful being on the battlefield. If I'm not all too wrong and I don't think I am ... Black Adam is not able to move at the speed of light. He is slower than that, since he couldn't even keep up with Jay Garrick and on the battlefield you had people like Power Girl, who should be able to surpass these speed levels.
Moving at a high speed increases the damage your punches cause by a ridiculously large margin. Black Adam should have lost that battle easily. I won't even start talking about the Martian Manhunter.

But then again ... WW Hulk kinda defeated the Sentry :-/ Sometimes some characters are destined to win a fight.