What's new

Favorite Fighting Game Music

G11OST

Noob
I actually feel music is very important and creates a better overall rxperience in fighting games. so saying that here's my setup.

Console arcade cabinet, game volume from monitor/tv, music set to mute and voice/sound effects set to high. Bluetooth amp connected to cabinet speakers, use my phone to play own custom music. Most reoccurring song is mortal kombat "test your might", it goes with any fighting game. Switch to youtube, pandora, or another music share every now and then.

As far as best in game fighting music, i gotta give that to tekken or def jam.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Also I know this isn't official so it doesn't count, but if you haven't done so, listen to this dudes MKX themes. He did one for every character minus KP2 and they're all solid.
This ones my favorite.

I know a lot of people say that Killer Instinct (2013) is a great soundtrack and I agree with this, I just dont like it in game. I think this is because I have ruined it myself by only watching a lot of matches where there are a lot of interruptions caused by throw breaks, combo breakers etc.

EDIT: I cant believe no one mentioned the Kahn Super Session OST from Soul Edge.
EDIT 2: I also like listening to the arranged OST of the Namco games (Tekken 1-3, Soul Edge) you can hear the difference and the quality between the arcade and console since the arcade versions of the game were based on playstation hardware.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK 2 and UMK3 select screen music always felt was among the best in fighting games.