What's new

Favorite Fighting Game Music

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Jago’s Theme, TJ Combo’s theme, Saberwulf’s theme, and Spinal’s theme from KI 2013

The Joker’s Playground and Red Sun Prison from Injustice 2

I haven’t played a lot of fighting games so that’s it. Gosh I wish KI was a thing on PS4, that game is so good. Iv been thinking about it a lot recently actually, this thread makes me like it even more lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Jago’s Theme, TJ Combo’s theme, Saberwulf’s theme, and Spinal’s theme from KI 2013

The Joker’s Playground and Red Sun Prison from Injustice 2

I haven’t played a lot of fighting games so that’s it. Gosh I wish KI was a thing on PS4, that game is so good. Iv been thinking about it a lot recently actually, this thread makes me like it even more lol
RIGHT!? Would have been awesome if it was for the PS4. That probably be top fighting game if it was for both platforms.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Sf2 arcade sountrack is prob my favorite of all time. Kazuya theme from tekken2 is dope ( its my ringtone atm). Mk1 and mk2 were awsome. Oh and double dragon title music was sick.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Sf2 arcade sountrack is prob my favorite of all time. Kazuya theme from tekken2 is dope ( its my ringtone atm). Mk1 and mk2 were awsome. Oh and double dragon title music was sick.
M. Bison's stage from SF2 is THEE BEST from that game. Although, i did giggle with Dhalsim's theme and that damn loud ass elephant lol

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is my favorite soundtrack. Crisis is my favorite song from that game.

KI 2013 hands down has the best soundtrack in a fighting game. This game is ear sex. Just to name a few listen to:

Jago's Theme
Spinals Theme
Maya's Theme
Orchid's Theme

And thats just FOUR tracks lol. Not to mention the music dynamicly reacts to the level of action and tension happening on screen at the moment. No other game even comes close except maybe Persona. (and that barely counts cuz its just music from the RPG for the most part) This isn't up for discussion lol KI2013 takes this :D

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
There's numerous from old games, but I'll list a few in recents.
SFIV
Makoto
Ryu
Sakura
Chun Li
Guile
Elena
Poison
Cammy
Ken
Drive-in
Downtown China
Historic Distillery
Mad Gear Town

SFV
Skies of Honor (all of them)
Akuma's temple (2nd round)
Downtown China (all)
Kazuni Estate (all)
Guile's stage (all)
Lair of Four Kings (all)
England (both)
Balrog's theme
Rashid's theme
Ryu's theme
Chun Li's theme

KI
Thunder
Orchid
Kim Wu
Jago
Combo
Maya
Spinal

T7
Mishima Dojo (both)
Mishima Building (both)
Devil's Pit (1st Round)
Forgotten Realm (Final Round)
G-Corp Day (both)
Violet Systems (both)
Jungle Fury (both)
Arctic Snowfall (both)
Azure Lake (1st Round)

I don't want to make a TLDR post. So I'll list some of my classics in another post.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If anyone ever goes to my twitter page and take a look at my banner picture many will wonder who those are:
If you don't know anyone on that pic at all with the exception of one, you should forget about caring for fighting game music or music for games in some sort.

On that pic i have the greatest gamers composers for the last two decades, and many of them didn't only produced or created music for fighting games, they have created the shit we and the past generation and the next has been consuming for decades, and my list needs an update.

https://twitter.com/Dopetiger

Yoko Shimomura - The girl who started it all, the main composer of Street Fighter II and all its variants, she composed many of the iconic street fighter music many of the composers re-create even today, Shimomura is a fucking legend and everything she touches becomes piece of art, her latest work includes Terra Battle where she worked with Uematsu in a piece for a boss fight, and she also did the entire Final Fantasy XV soundtrack on her own.

Dan Forden - If you play mortal kombat and the type of music always gave you the feels then at some point you came to known Dan Forden, NRS main composer, and key piece on the game, while MK is an amazing game, every little piece that is added to it makes it perfect, IMO Dan is also a key part on why the game is so Iconic, he has been producing music from Mortal Kombat since MK1, this includes every spin-off the game got, his pieces were so awesome that even ported they had to be adapted to the sound system of weaker consoles, which gave origin to some variations of his music which are very well received among the fans. even today even though he didn't really created any piece for MKX, he managed and helped producing it, pure legend.

Greamy Norgate and Robin Beanland - The creators of the Original Killer Instinct sound System, they were so great at it that they got recasted for KI gold which they have composed amazing pieces for it as well trully iconic pieces in both games, the KI from XBOX1 had to pay homage to them by giving classical pieces of these two beast in every classic character in the game. I've seen Boon talking along with the Iron Galaxy staff, but i always had this dream that Norgate and Beanland would team up with Forden and Carle for some MK soundtrack, i would be probably the best quartet of the decade.

Ayako Sasso, Shinji Hosoe, Takayuki Aihara, Yasuhisa Watanabe - The greatest fighting game quartet of all times, they joined to compose music for Street Fighter EX series which is considered of the greatest musics street fighter had at some point and is still held as one of the greatest pieces in the game, many people may actually only know this quarted from here, but if you look up for their individual work you will see how each one of them are super strong on their own and they have been into these for like AGES and many of their music are listened even today:
Yasuhisa for example i used to think he is one of te weakest of the group, but then i finally got the opportunity to hear his other works and noticed a lot of his signature in the ex series, Yasuhisa composed for Senko no Ronde series, themes like Art of War, his entire work for the game Fighters impact etc, Aya Sasso is also super strong, Shinji Hosoe and Takayuki have their own albums every where in japan.

Rich Carle - When NRS switched to 3D they brough up 2 guys to help forden compose, i dunno why the 3rd one left but Carle has been sticking around and contributing a lot for the NRS scene, the add of Carle in the NRS brought a new style on the already groovy style created by Dan Forden, so on that mix something new and unique was born, they kinda switched the style in MK9 to movie like, but honestly up from Mk1 to MKA probably are the best examples of soundtracks Mortal Kombat ever had, hope they return back to that style.

Nobuyushi Sano, Keiichi Okabe, Yuu Miyake and Akitaka Tohyama - Are among the greatest Tekken sound designers of all time, like pure gold, ever since they started working on Tekken until now they're often requested to create music for the game for the last 2 decades.

The other ones are not fighting games composers but they did made memorable pieces
Harry Gregsom Williams and Enio Morricone - Composed for the MGS series, Enio also did composed for movies before like "My name is nobody" "the good, the bad and the villain" Enio also did soundtracks for some series, i remember seeing his signature style on "Smallville" once.

Tetsuya Shibata - Has been composing music for Devil May Cry series, they used to be many but it seemed he did most of the work so Capcom fired the rest and kept him his style is hard to miss, he also has a piece of him into this along side the RE composers but he is not often credited for it:

David Begaud - The greatest composer of Ratchet & Clank soundtracks hard to miss, they switched once and they regreted for the rest of their life, i've heard he returned for the PS4 version but i haven't checked yet, pretty creative guy as well.

There is a bunch more but i don't have the time to explain it all except that one of them is a personal friend of mine who is a composer for a band, he doesn't actually compose music for fighting games, but if i ever worked on a game of any sort he would be the guy i would call work with him on a piece along side @DarkSlayerSmith

And before anyone asks YES, Hideyuki Fukasawa (SF4 and SFV) is also in this pic.

Last edited: