Favorite Fighting Game Music

Discussion in 'Fighter's Depot' started by JBeezYBabY, Nov 9, 2017.

1. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    sf2 was so far ahead of its time. Each theme was a masterpiece even dalsims elephant shit was dope.each theme captured the visual and the limited sounds they had makes it that much more special. Even the sfv remakes cant hold a candle to the originals

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

Slightly off topic but the reason i got mk9 was the UK trailer had magnetic man playing in the backround who i was really into at the time.

Remember seeing this trailer and getting hype although i’d never played a fighter before

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  3. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

DAMN RIGHT! SFV trying to so hard to re-create the old stages, but the essence was the MUSIC that captivated our hearts. Sf2 hands down one of the best fight game soundtracks ever!

NaCl man likes this.
  4. SaSSolino

SaSSolino What's even the point without hellsparks?

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    The Fantasy Strike soundtrack is still a work in progress, but the tracks already released are very very good.

If I had to pick a single track though, I'd say Mortal Kombat's main theme. It's clearly nothing special outside my head, but I'm such a fucker for nostalgia.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  5. NSR

NSR Also known as Futuretime23

Really guys? No mention of SF3 (3s) and [email protected] yet?

Listen to that theme, goddamn man is it epic.

Garuda da man

Tekken 2 also had the best Tekken music in the series.

Lastly, fairly unknown but Zero Divide 1 had some amazing music, shame the game is so unknown:

PapaRegadetho and JBeezYBabY like this.
  6. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Oh I mentioned SF3. I love their urban hip hop, jazz direction they went with the music. And i almost forgot about SFEX! WOOOOO OOOO SKULLOMANIA!

7. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian

I listen to a few video game soundtracks on the reg, but Guile's Theme is the only fighting game one I keep on my Ipad. Guilty Gear Xrd's is the only modern one that stands out to me. Like, where you have just some bland shit in Injustice that most of us never notice, Guilty Gear throws in shit like this

ChoseDeath and JBeezYBabY like this.
  8. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

I think Soul Calibur 2 and Melee have the best overall soundtrack.

For some random mentions: Tekken 7's Infinite Azure, MK3's City Streets, OG MK's Main Theme Guile/Ryu's themes, Killer Instinct's Main Theme

ChoseDeath and JBeezYBabY like this.
  9. ChoseDeath

ChoseDeath Bane, Grodd, Wonder Woman, Swamp Donkey, Hellboy.
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    ChoseDeath
    I love Zangief's theme from SF4, and I adore the soundtrack to SF2 (especially Gief, Vega, and Sagat). Zangief's theme from the EX series. Mortal Kombat, pretty much all of them. God, the new KI is INCREDIBLE...

Man, this is a kick ass topic! Well played sir.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  10. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Appreciate the love, sir :l:qtl:D:qtr:r

ChoseDeath likes this.
  11. DownfouralitY

DownfouralitY buff erron
    Premium Supporter

XBL:
    Down4ality
    Dude I want that Killer Cuts re-release! The Sabrewulf cover was awesome, I love that you bought it even without being able to play them lol. I fucking love the KI soundtrack man, I too wish it was more popular as it's honestly one of the greatest fighting games ever made. We should play sometime, i'm looking to get back into it, need someone to play with lol.

Blade4693 likes this.
  12. Blade4693

Blade4693 That sounds terrifying!

Funny I was thinking about getting back into it as well not too long ago. I probably haven't played since around this time last year but I do miss it and I agree 100% that it is one of the greatest fighters ever. Maybe ill dust off the X1 and we can play sometime as you mentioned. Ill admit I wasn't a great player even when it was my main game but I had a lot of fun with it lol

Spinal <3 was my main character and I had a Fulgore as well lol

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  13. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian

More Guilty Gear love, just realized how great Break a Spell is

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  14. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Honorable mention. I dont know if anybody has seen the Dragon Ball Fighter's exhibition match with Sonic Fox over the weekend. But the city stage they were playing on had an AWESOME track that even made Tasty Steve sing. lol That soundtrack was hot! Can anybody find this ?Question mark?

15. Roy Arkon

Roy Arkon Noob

PSN:
    RoyArkon46
    Wow I just can't name any particular complete soundtrack as my favorite of them all. I feel if I do then I'm not doing justice to the other complete soundtrack. MK games, MVC, games SC games, IJ games, Tekken, SF, Bloody Roar, and even games I've never played but still had a chance to listen to their soundtracks like KI 2013 all had amazing soundtracks. Yes some particular tracks in each complete list are better then others, but I just can't list any complete list of tracks or even particular tracks.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  16. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

BLOODY ROAR! OH MY SWEET GURKENS i loved that game!

Roy Arkon likes this.
  17. Roy Arkon

Roy Arkon Noob

PSN:
    RoyArkon46
    I played only Bloody Roar 2, but it was a great game, and it had excellent music too. Shenlong's theme in that game is hands down the best in the whole game and an excellent one at that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM
    JBeezYBabY likes this.