What's new

Fatal February '13 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Congratulations to mortal_jason for winning the tournament. He won by defeating myself in the grand finals, 4-2.

Final Standings:
1. mortal_jason
2. MKillBill
3. Sub0's-Icy-Balls
4. JoeBlak1212
5. DanCock
5. you_lost_2a_girl
7. Crysse
7. Claude VonStroke
7. Edfig81
10. jamessmk DNP
10. Mikemetroid DNP
10. Konqrr DNP
10. Antlason DNP

Thank you to everyone who showed up and participated this evening. I enjoyed the games and I hope you did as well. Be on the lookout for the next tournament coming in a couple of months.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Ggs you guys. I'm shocked I did half way decent. I was hitting 2 for uppercut sometimes. Lol damn mk9

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MKB

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Contrary to what some may think, when I picked Baraka I was NOT conceding the match to mortal_jason. Baraka is usually one of my better characters, though against Jason just about any pick is a bad one, lol. I think if you had stuck with Kitana all 4 you probably would have swept me or I would have only gotten 1 win.

Looking forward to watching some of the other matches if they got recorded. Subby, if you post the match where you beat me, you better post the other one ;)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Contrary to what some what think, when I picked Baraka I was NOT conceding the match to mortal_jason. Baraka is usually one of my better characters, though against Jason just about any pick is a bad one, lol. I think if you had stuck with Kitana all 4 you probably would have swept me or I would have only gotten 1 win.

Looking forward to watching some of the other matches if they got recorded. Subby, if you post the match where you beat me, you better post the other one ;)
Yeah I did kinda think that at the time, coz your Lao is very good and you picked Baraka instead. I was confused! Threw me off the beginning of the match. I wasn't happy about losing with Cage :cool: But you have a way of making me think it's a good time to jump kick you- when really you're sitting on an uppercut. I must have eaten about 5 uppercuts w Cage! Sneaky...

Yes @Sub0's-Icy-Balls I want to see all your matches. I played my best vs you!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Hey all! I'm uploading my movies as we speak! The one Vs Claude is really blurry, so I apologize for that, and my phone ran out of memory on my DanCock matches. He picked Kitana and was very tough.

But I have the ones you guys want to see! Bill taking his revenge, and Jason murdering me! Enjoy...

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

alright! Here we go... this is me VS Bill in the second round of the tourney. I had just finished beating Claude and was feeling pretty good, a nice Lao vs Sub set and I was pretty damn happy with the result!

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

and here is me VS Bill for second place! Bill has his sweet revenge... (sorry for my girlfriends color commentary, she's just on team SUB, and I think I was talking to my dog a lot in this one too! HAHAHAHAHA)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sub0's-Icy-Balls nice vids. I like how you were going for the kara jabs with Shang there. If you get the rhythm down with those, it will be very hard to stop Shang.

Love the commentary from your g/f. None of the girls (Jason's sister) like me very much, lmao :)

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Sub0's-Icy-Balls nice vids. I like how you were going for the kara jabs with Shang there. If you get the rhythm down with those, it will be very hard to stop Shang.

Love the commentary from your g/f, lmao :)
thanks! She is terrible, saying "he's the admin, no wonder he is beating you? I was like "I probably play this shit more than him!"
And yes, I'm getting pretty good at those jabs, almost got the hang of it. But that shock grab is horrible, I think a Raiden that isn't as proficient as you are with those things is fucked 10/10 times against my Shang.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
oh god lol. I couldn't even square wave. I forgot how to do it. I was trying to do the mk9 way.
Yeah one I thing I really like about MK9 is that virtually every move is a quarter circle or b, b, or f, f, or b, f. No half circle BS like in MK2. Makes moves for Kitana and Cage much less feasible in this game.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Make sure to be on the lookout for the next MK2 tournament coming up in April. An announcement will come later this week. This is one that any MK2 player, past or present, will NOT want to miss.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Hey all! I'm uploading my movies as we speak! The one Vs Claude is really blurry, so I apologize for that, and my phone ran out of memory on my DanCock matches. He picked Kitana and was very tough.

But I have the ones you guys want to see! Bill taking his revenge, and Jason murdering me! Enjoy...

Wow I can't believe how nice MKAK looks on your tv compared to mine. If it looked that good on my tv, I wouldn't complain so much about it.
DEFINITELY need to get an HDtv, but I'm terrified of input lag (please PM me if you know any specific models that do not input lag).

Nice matches... I can't believe how many times Bill shocked you with Raiden :O
You have to anticipate that, crouch block, and then uppercut him. Looked like you were starting to uppercut right as Raiden shocked you, and then his shock gets priority. I was tempted to use Raiden vs you because I know how much you hate him ;)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sorry I couldn't make it to this... I had prior obligations, and SCR made me hella sick which I still am.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sorry I couldn't make it to this... I had prior obligations, and SCR made me hella sick which I still am.
Shit happens, just try to leave a message next time.

Does the winner get a date with Katalin Zamiar? :coffee:
Not quite, but it should entice you, nevertheless.

Wow I can't believe how nice MKAK looks on your tv compared to mine. If it looked that good on my tv, I wouldn't complain so much about it.
DEFINITELY need to get an HDtv, but I'm terrified of input lag (please PM me if you know any specific models that do not input lag).

Nice matches... I can't believe how many times Bill shocked you with Raiden :O
You have to anticipate that, crouch block, and then uppercut him. Looked like you were starting to uppercut right as Raiden shocked you, and then his shock gets priority. I was tempted to use Raiden vs you because I know how much you hate him ;)
Yeah, I will shock the hell out of someone until they show they can stop it. Once they start blocking, then I'll throw instead (or apply jab pressure looking for yet another shocker.) It's a catch-22 when playing against Raiden which is why I like using him.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Shit happens, just try to leave a message next time.

Not quite, but it should entice you, nevertheless.

Yeah, I will shock the hell out of someone until they show they can stop it. Once they start blocking, then I'll throw instead (or apply jab pressure looking for yet another shocker.) It's a catch-22 when playing against Raiden which is why I like using him.
I new it was coming! I was just being stubborn and hoping it wouldn't, stubbornness is my biggest weakness in MK2, I need to just let go of what i want to happen in a match, and react to what IS happening in the match!