What's new

Fatal February '13 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
CONGRATS TO mortal_jason FOR WINNING THIS TOURNAMENT!!

DATE: Saturday, February 9th, 2013
TIME: 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. If you do not reside in the US, you will not be permitted to enter due to lag concerns. Matches can be played either on MKAK (default) or the original PSN MK2 release (aka OG MK2.)

RULES
  • Top tier characters are banned (Liu Kang, Mileena, Jax). This includes using Shang Tsung to morph into top tier.
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) Winner/Loser/Grand finals are best of 7.
  • Double elimination
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this only applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match without being faulted if it is unplayable. After the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in. You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and report it ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you need to withdraw from the tournament, please give advance notice (at least 24 hours if possible) as a courtesy. Repeated no shows will result in being blacklisted from future competitions.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player at any time.
  • If you use Shang Tsung and morph into top tier, accidentally or intentionally, you will be penalized. 1st offense - lose the round. 2nd offense - lose the match. 3rd offense - DQ.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you will be automatically disqualified.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=440077

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. MKillBill
2. Mikemetroid
3. mortal_jason
4. JoeBlak1212
5. Sub0's-Icy-Balls
6. Konqrr
7. Edfig81
8. Claude VonStroke
9. Antlason
10. jamessmk
11. Crysse (PSN = DarkR8der)
12. DanCock (PSN = SINH3LL)
13. you_lost_2a_girl

RESERVES

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Take note of the newly added stipulation for this tournament only - top tier is banned (Liu, Mileena, Jax). This should open things up to see more unique matchups than usual.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
7pm again :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
you have 3 months notice... find someone to work for you! even managers get days off :)

MKillBill : awesome! I think this will attract alot of people :cool: any chance of moving it up a month or two though? guys might sign up and forget all about it otherwise. anyway, sign me and my sister up. if she can't do it I'll let you know aforehand.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
you have 3 months notice... find someone to work for you! even managers get days off :)

MKillBill : awesome! I think this will attract alot of people :cool: any chance of moving it up a month or two though? guys might sign up and forget all about it otherwise. anyway, sign me and my sister up. if she can't do it I'll let you know aforehand.
Unless we get massive interest in a short time frame, this tourney is staying where it is. Tournaments fell off the map last time because we tried doing too many too quickly. The seasonal approach has always worked best. It also allows more time for more signups and a bigger roster. As far as forgetting about the tournament, if the person is an adult (99.9% of us) then they should mark it on their calendar so they won't forget.

My goal is to make these tournaments as big as the offline majors. The further out in advance we announce them, the more time people have to plan and prepare.

Sidenote: I might be moving in January so there's no way I could run the tourney at the start of the year anyway.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
and I agree we should move this up if there is a lot of interest quickly, I had a lot of fun in the tourney this weekend. I will post videos as soon as I can get them off my phone, they are too big to e-mail

you should spread the word mike...you know a lot of mk2 players for years now and you still have them on your list...i forgot about brown707pride was alive until i saw him on your video the other time and i've known him for a few years now...i know a handful but i erased most of them which i regret.....this community is really what? 10 of you the most? come on guys build up a good tourney....this community is even fewer than the last days of raw.....reach out....

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
u can add me, Bill...my buddy hooked me up w/ MKAK last night, so I can play u guys again. U run a great tourney, always glad to support them.

you should spread the word mike...you know a lot of mk2 players for years now and you still have them on your list...i forgot about brown707pride was alive until i saw him on your video the other time and i've known him for a few years now...i know a handful but i erased most of them which i regret.....this community is really what? 10 of you the most? come on guys build up a good tourney....this community is even fewer than the last days of raw.....reach out....
I always tell everyone on my list, but thanks for your input.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
While I appreciate the support and input, the best way you could help out is to enter (assuming your schedule is free on that day of course.)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What the hell... sign me up.

I will let you know in advance if our local monthly tournament falls on this Saturday in which case I would not make it.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
No JAX!!!!!! Wtf ok ok I will deal with it heh I got my back ups :). Sign me up EdFig81 on psn. Also I don't know how much support would happen for this but I would love to do a random select tournament on both mk2 & umk but I don't know if both players can random on mkak for mk2 or umk. Anyway looking forward to this mk2 tourney. .. Thanks for doing this :) tag Reo if you haven't.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
AREZ God of War you play mk2? You better sign up @nec for mk2. Konqrr I haven't paid you since kalliera on mame add me on psn EdFig81 . We use to play but I went by the name HaDes or Lord Hades x. Anyway add me is been yrs.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
AREZ God of War you play mk2? You better sign up @nec for mk2. Konqrr I haven't paid you since kalliera on mame add me on psn EdFig81 . We use to play but I went by the name HaDes or Lord Hades x. Anyway add me is been yrs.

I'm not very good, but i'm like not the absolute worst MK2 player on Earth either, I guess. I play all MKs to support the tournamnet scene. it's the least I can do especially since the MK2 guys join UMK3 tourneys to give US a good tournament, so I like to repay those who do favors for the parallel kommunity.

I apologize if this has already been clarified, but is shang allowed to morph into mileena, jax, or liu? It wouldn't seem fair if he could. If you don't allow it, what would the consequences be for doing it intentionally or accidentally during a match? Would that player forfeit that round?

Those characters are banned why would shang get special rules? I must day tho its very easy to accidentally turn into Liu. I don't think you should lose the round on account of that. Just wait the 15 seconds till its over and then resume as long as its only one slip there is really no harm no foul. I would say unless it comes within say the last 30 seconds where it really affectd the outcome its really no big deal

What do you think mikecaldwell?
Now you're being a smartass with the mikecaldwell thing. Do you ever call people by their first and last name? Just stop fuckin with me and we're good. As far as this discussion goes, I think the shang player should lose the round. You can't force the opponent to sit there and wait 15 seconds for you to morph back. The beginning of the match is just as important as the end.