What's new

Fatal February '13 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Wow I can't believe how nice MKAK looks on your tv compared to mine. If it looked that good on my tv, I wouldn't complain so much about it.
DEFINITELY need to get an HDtv, but I'm terrified of input lag (please PM me if you know any specific models that do not input lag).

Nice matches... I can't believe how many times Bill shocked you with Raiden :O
You have to anticipate that, crouch block, and then uppercut him. Looked like you were starting to uppercut right as Raiden shocked you, and then his shock gets priority. I was tempted to use Raiden vs you because I know how much you hate him ;)
thanks! And yes, that TV has been fantastic! Everything looks good on it! And that video doesn't do it justice because it's filmed on my iPhone. The TV is an insignia (best buy brand) so it's kinda a crapshoot on who made it, best buy gets parts and TV's from all the big manufacturers and slaps there logo on it. So who knows? could be a SONY, could be anything.
it's a plasma, 1080p. I think as long as you don't get an LCD that's interlaced you wont have input lag issues.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I new it was coming! I was just being stubborn and hoping it wouldn't, stubbornness is my biggest weakness in MK2, I need to just let go of what i want to happen in a match, and react to what IS happening in the match!
Yep that will kill you. The reason I didn't win the MK2 tournament in Philadelphia a few months ago is because of stubbornness. I kept trying to uppercut Mileena after a roll and whiffed almost every time. Mistake made but won't happen again :)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
thanks! And yes, that TV has been fantastic! Everything looks good on it! And that video doesn't do it justice because it's filmed on my iPhone. The TV is an insignia (best buy brand) so it's kinda a crapshoot on who made it, best buy gets parts and TV's from all the big manufacturers and slaps there logo on it. So who knows? could be a SONY, could be anything.
it's a plasma, 1080p. I think as long as you don't get an LCD that's interlaced you wont have input lag issues.
Ok thanks for the info.

MKillBill who were you trying to uppercut Mileena with? That is way too risky of a play in tournaments! Obviously some characters connect better than others vs her, but generally a HK is the safest bet. I'm sure you've been kicking yourself since?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok thanks for the info.

MKillBill who were you trying to uppercut Mileena with? That is way too risky of a play in tournaments! Obviously some characters connect better than others vs her, but generally a HK is the safest bet. I'm sure you've been kicking yourself since?
REO's Mileena, using Kang. I was too stubborn to think I would nail him (because I was nailing him with it earlier) but I kept whiffing.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
REO's Mileena, using Kang. I was too stubborn to think I would nail him (because I was nailing him with it earlier) but I kept whiffing.
He had more problems vs my Kang than against any of my other characters. I'm sure you would have beat him if you hadn't whiffed those uppercuts.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Congrats to Jason. GG's to everyone i played (went out 0-2 hehe) Sorry i split from the IRC channel so fast after my game I was having pc issues / redoing my windows due to a big crash. Again gg's everyone