What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date

JDM

Noob
Fatal blows ARE unsafe. Are you guys trolling or what? Only one I think that isn't is Erron Blacks? But it's a high.

Why are you guys so bad? That said, Erron's could use a nerf. As could Kabals and the other ridiculous ones. But saying "Make them unsafe on block" is stupid seeing as how EVERY SINGLE ONE is. Besides Errons.

grandabx

The Flameater
Op, you don't like the MK-Blue Shell? What are people going to do about getting their @ss kicked if they take away the MKBS?

Can you imagine someone winning a huge tournament with one of those? That would be disgusting.

What they should do with the mechanic:

1. Move becomes available at 25% or lower health.
  2. Move is only available on the final round of the match.
  3. Move requires a full offensive and defensive bar to activate.
  4. Move does 30% damage max (no matter what) and scales in combos.
  5. Move goes away if blocked or whiffed.
  6. Move is -4 on block/whiff (loses turn).
  7. Move has no armor.
This all makes it less frequent, require risk/reward/meter management and not as throw-it-out-friendly.

They also need to remove chip kill. People are taking dot-damage while laying on the freaking ground. lol! It's a dumb system in a game where normals do chip and conflicts with skilled neutral play. You're being punished for doing what you're supposed to do when attacked.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Fatal blows ARE unsafe. Are you guys trolling or what? Only one I think that isn't is Erron Blacks? But it's a high.

Why are you guys so bad? That said, Erron's could use a nerf. As could Kabals and the other ridiculous ones. But saying "Make them unsafe on block" is stupid seeing as how EVERY SINGLE ONE is. Besides Errons.
Kabal doesn’t need a nerf
His FB can be interrupted the first 2 frames and also blocked and full combo punished

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Liu Kang is gold
He says fuck you to all FBs out there thanks to the Dragon Kick.
I’m fine with FBs since they saved me a lot of times. When someone uses it against you you complain but you forget about the times it helps you win.

Two things. Fatal blows should take at least 12 seconds to come back. And they need to add a mechanic that allows both people to press a button thus agreeing to skip the animation

JDM

Noob
Kabal doesn’t need a nerf
His FB can be interrupted the first 2 frames and also blocked and full combo punished
I don't think any NEEDS a nerf besides Erron's. But Kabals is insanely powerful and dictates the entire pace of the match, so yeah it could use a nerf. I don't really want any nerfs though. They're not armored on startup and if you get hit you pretty much fucked up. Not to mention they're all basically massively unsafe as you could dash and jab punish like all of them.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
-Make it so you have to cancel into them, no raw usage (byebye wakeup-FB, byebye mash-in-strings-FB, byebye yolo-FB)
-If used the FB is gone, on hit, on block (whiff shouldn´t be able to work anymore when only cancelable)
- Minus40 on block, all of them

I personally just giggle when I get hit by them now and roll my eyes. Getting angry brings me nowhere so why not just laugh it off.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Its pretty clear the people behind the design team in NRS don't know the concept of risk/reward.

Its just ALL REWARD.

you guys all know that pressing 3 during the fatal blow hits reduces damage, and opposite increases damage, making the cinematic sequence actually an interactive part of the game right?

but yea make it one attempt only- if you try, its done

you guys all know that pressing 3 during the fatal blow hits reduces damage, and opposite increases damage, making the cinematic sequence actually an interactive part of the game right?

but yea make it one attempt only- if you try, its done

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
lol how is he losing the entire game if it's 1-1 and you're ~400 damage away from death and get caught???

I think there's more going on then the fatal blow here....
When you say there is more going on than the fatal blows, surely you're referring to the busted ass krushing blows, yes?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The neutral is shut down when characters like Geras can walk half screen and win a match he was losing the entire game.
If the fatal blow was the deciding factor in the match, are you really sure he was “losing the entire game?”

Would you be less mad if you got hit with a 30% combo?

Either way, you didn’t block it. You lost.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm fine with whatever changes they implement except for "It ShOuLd LeAvE ThEm iN LaST BrEaTH / iT ShOuLdN'T KiLL" Nah, you're really just reaching with that one. There's a difference between nerfing them and taking their entire concept and tossing that shit out lmao. Fatal Blow where? Y'all want some "Tis-But-a-Flesh-Wound" Blows tf.

I honestly don't see the big problem with Fatal Blows.

The Damage is fine imo. It recharging is fine imo.

Nerf if, yeah. But it sounds like y'all wanna take it from one side of the spectrum to the complete opposite side and make it useless. (18% damage? Are y'all fckn HIGH-HIGH?)

I also don't think it should be taken away completely if you miss, and I don't think it should take half a year for it to come back either. I think that's fine how it is. (Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 'you only get one try per round to hit it' type of thing. So if I miss it then I can't try again that round.) I also can't describe how often the armor's saved my ass. Some of the points y'all have made are valid. Making them unsafe on block(?) Like, yeah, do that. But if I can get more damage off a 3 hit string into a special move than a FATAL Blow, then y'all outta pocket lmao.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This thread is to bring attention to a horrible mechanic they designed. There's nothing to learn when Erron Black blasts you full screen with armor. It's a scrub mechanic and everyone who is upset with the direction they took it should have a place to voice their concern. If you really think there's "something to learn" here when the damn thing comes back a few seconds later, then you're really just a lost cause.
Ah, but there is something to learn. It’s called “blocking”. Press R2.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm fine with them. When it gets down to the wire I'm mindful of it and make sure I don't do dumb shit that will get me hit by it. Certain ones probably shouldn't work from full screen. Maybe all of them should be kotals range but other than that I'm fine with em. Maybe make them quicker. I don't see what the big fuss is about? It's a strong one time use only mechanic. If it misses it comes back. If it lands it's gone. It's not like you get hit by it more than once.

grandabx

The Flameater
I'm fine with whatever changes they implement except for "It ShOuLd LeAvE ThEm iN LaST BrEaTH / iT ShOuLdN'T KiLL" Nah, you're really just reaching with that one. There's a difference between nerfing them and taking their entire concept and tossing that shit out lmao. Fatal Blow where? Y'all want some "Tis-But-a-Flesh-Wound" Blows tf.

I honestly don't see the big problem with Fatal Blows.

The Damage is fine imo. It recharging is fine imo.

Nerf if, yeah. But it sounds like y'all wanna take it from one side of the spectrum to the complete opposite side and make it useless. (18% damage? Are y'all fckn HIGH-HIGH?)

I also don't think it should be taken away completely if you miss, and I don't think it should take half a year for it to come back either. I think that's fine how it is. (Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 'you only get one try per round to hit it' type of thing. So if I miss it then I can't try again that round.) I also can't describe how often the armor's saved my ass. Some of the points y'all have made are valid. Making them unsafe on block(?) Like, yeah, do that. But if I can get more damage off a 3 hit string into a special move than a FATAL Blow, then y'all outta pocket lmao.