What's new

Fat Kombat - 995Phil's chronicles in weight loss.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Quark are you still of the belief that proper fat loss is only tied to calories in calories out and that hormone maniupulation has no role in it?
Are you still in the belief proper fat loss isn't 99% hormone manipulation? It's really cheap, how those sites you were lurking never mentioned that hormone manipulation always occurs depending on the macros of pretty much anything you eat, aka, no "special" diet or "awesome new" tricks which haven't even been tested by professionals, not even works cited or simple quotes from the people whose bodies they speak of.
IDK where 99% of these "professionals" went for college or if they even have a degree, I do know that a science in which new things are discovered people have the debt to read up on new studies instead of spurting ignorant broscience which has been proven wrong over and over.

FYI, I won't reply back, this threads about Phil.

and i have about 7 links to recent researches that back me up + results from an entire forum following that belief.

what do you have?

macros matter, not food.
Listen man, I don't want to argue with you. I understand about macros and calories in vs calories out and stuff like that. But from my personal experience of lifting and dieting for almost 20 years now there is a difference. For example: Let's say you are trying to eat 1800 calories a day. Well if you eat 1800 calories a day of pizza, fried chicken and mt. dew vs 1800 calories a day of fruits veggies and some lean chicken or fish or something and water. My experience is that it works better not eating the junk food. There is truth to what you are saying, but I think there is something to what I am saying as well That is all. Later man.

Listen man, I don't want to argue with you. I understand about macros and calories in vs calories out and stuff like that. But from my personal experience of lifting and dieting for almost 20 years now there is a difference. For example: Let's say you are trying to eat 1800 calories a day. Well if you eat 1800 calories a day of pizza, fried chicken and mt. dew vs 1800 calories a day of fruits veggies and some lean chicken or fish or something and water. My experience is that it works better not eating the junk food. There is truth to what you are saying, but I think there is something to what I am saying as well That is all. Later man.
Don't bother...you know this type of person. They have a circle of beliefs and if you bring up something that does not fall into or agree with that circle of beliefs then it's completely wrong in his eyes. We have explained to him that fat loss is not simply tied in to calories in and calories out, but his pride is not allowing him to accept defeat. Instead he uses ad hominens and uses buzz words like broscience. I had no idea that Harvard School of Health was broscience. He thinks because he reads and posts on bodybuilding.com forums he is at the forefront of cutting edge knowledge. It's sad really.

You are correct when you say all calories are different. Surely 1800 calories of junk will not give the same physique 1800 calories of good food will give you. It's just common sense. How he can not comprehend that is just laughable.

Are you still in the belief proper fat loss isn't 99% hormone manipulation? It's really cheap, how those sites you were lurking never mentioned that hormone manipulation always occurs depending on the macros of pretty much anything you eat, aka, no "special" diet or "awesome new" tricks which haven't even been tested by professionals, not even works cited or simple quotes from the people whose bodies they speak of.
IDK where 99% of these "professionals" went for college or if they even have a degree, I do know that a science in which new things are discovered people have the debt to read up on new studies instead of spurting ignorant broscience which has been proven wrong over and over.

FYI, I won't reply back, this threads about Phil.
My god man Qwark. There are more variables to burning fat then calories deficit. It's a flawed model because where does it end? To continually eat less than you put out would inevitably lead to starvation and poor health.

Here is a simple post that completely debunks everything you have posted here in one fell swoop.

http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/calories-incalories-out-science-says-no/

I know you said you will not reply in this thread anymore and perhaps that's a good thing to prevent you from posting disinformation. If by chance you do read this, I implore you to read that link and understand it's ok to be wrong and learn something new.

Noob
Out of the 2-Teens!!!

I am officially 208.8lbs!

So close to the 100's I can smell it.

I had actually hit a 3 week plateau where I was stuck at about 213. Significantly changed my sodium intake and it seems to have done the trick as I've dropped another 5+lbs since I did that 2 weeks ago. Not saying it was ONLY the sodium, but might have been the kick my body needed to get back on track.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
How to lose weight easily:

1. Lift weights (most important part, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART),
2. Take less calories than your body needs,
3. Do the intermittent fasting,
4. Profit.
LOL.... ok no, just...no.....

Before I spout some shit out lemme tell you all I am a boxer, was in the Marine Corps, a personal trainer, and a TCLEOSE certified Police Officer in the State of Texas.... Physical Fitness is kinda a big deal to me....

1. Cardio is the most important aspect of true weight loss, not lifting weights. You want to do more anaerobic exercises than anything else. Unless you are doing Super Sets and keeping your heart rate elevated throughout the duration of weightlifting then you WILL NOT burn enough calories.

2. For weight loss calorie intake should be roughly 1300-1500 calories for men. However, the TYPE of calorie that is taken in is the largest part. A large amount of calories in should be fruits and vegetables coupled with protein (should equal 1 gram per pound of body weight).

3. NEVER EVER FAST...EVER.... this will cause your body to go into "hibernation mode" if anything you want to eat 6-8 times a day (small snacks)

4. Hydration, drink plenty of water.

It is pretty common to plateau with weight loss. Depending on your initial weight the first X amount of pounds seem to just fall off....When you reach the sub dermal fat is when the real struggle begins. I would stop going by weight so much as going by your Body Fat Composition. 18% is an average American Male, 14% is an Athletic American Male, 10 and Below is normally a professional athlete or child. I've seen MANY people come into the gym who are 185lbs but are out of shape because they are 20+% body fat.

Also stay away from BMI (Body Mass Index) Charts.... these do NOT take into account muscle mass. Example: I am 6' 0" 210lbs at 13% Body Fat..... According to the BMI chart at 6' 0" I should be 175-195 lbs... so therefore I would be considered "obese" (15lbs overweight).

Sodium is the bane of any weight loss regiment FYI.... I would watch that harder than anything else.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
that's true though. lol
I'm actually looking for a new boxing gym... I was training under Bendu at Bendu Boxing but that drive to Carrolton from Richardson killed me....I was looking at a few around Richardson.... you know anything about the one's in our area?

Noob
It's been 4 weeks since I posted here last... I'm now down to 203.7lbs. Weight loss is slower these days... no more 3-5lb. losses in a week, LOL... but it's to be expected. I'm losing at a rate of about 1.1 - 2lbs max a week now, which is fine. Within a month, I am hoping to crack that 200lb mark!

I also played my first softball games in 2 years yesterday... MAN am I sore today! LOL... and to think there were days when I could play 3 double headers in a single day without blinking.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Keep it up Phil! If you keep going the way you are going we are going to have to staple you on a diet plan for all the masses to benefit from. Really proud of you!