What's new

"Fantastic Sorcery" A Quan Chi Combo Video: By Devildigimon (KOMING SOON!!!!)

Awesome video good sir. I thought I'd add a couple more kombos I found playing around with Quan Chi the other day.

These are a couple of korner kombos. None of the mid screen ones are any better than any of the other vids you posted:

up+3 xx EX Trance, b+2, 1, b+2, 1, 2, 1, 2 xx Skull Fireball: This does 37% damage and takes out 1/3rd of their meter, meaning it could potentially be unbreakable :)

Next:

up+3 xx Trance, b+2, 1, b+2, 1, 2 xx X-Ray: This is very easy to do and does 50% damage. It's good (I suppose...) if you've trained your opponent to watch out for the b+3, 1+2 combo.

Keep up the awesome work. This is my first post here, so I hope to contribute more as time goes on.

Edit: I spur of the moment (ie my wife went grocery shopping) decided to make a short kombo video of what I posted above, enjoy!

Jay9k

Noob
dont see this one might as well add it

midscreen:

j.1 > f+12 > trance > b+21 > dash > b+21 > f+12 > skull ball (36%)

j.1 > b+3 > 1+2 > dash > b+21 > dash > 2 > trance > f+12 > 1+2 (35%)

back to the lab! yeah quans gonna be my sub

Admit I didn't watch the vid, but I didn't see this in the OP or see anyone metion it.

J2, B2, 1, Trance, B2, 1, Dash, F1, 2, 1 + 2.

J2, B2, 1, Trance, B3, 1+2, Dash, F1, 2, 1 + 2.

Both are 34%

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Post-patch bread and butter combos are the following.

b+2,1, b+2,1, b+1,1~Trance, JP, b+3,1+2, quick dash d+2. 40% of damage.

b+2,1, b+2,1, b+1,1~Trance, JP, 2,1, EX Skull, quick dash and (the following must be blocked) JP, 2,1,2, Skull. 39% of guaranteed damage + 8% of block damage = 47% of damage in total.

Edit: Of course, EX Runes can be added after EX Skull since EX Skull gives safe jumps.

Xstatic

Noob
You can do b2,1, b2,1, b1,1~Trance, JP, 1,1~telestomp, quick dash 2,1,2, Skull. The 212 must be block. No meter, 36% + 7% block damage (with skull). Btw, Skull can be ducked after 2,1,2.

Wanted to note that you can whiff a Trance or Sky Drop now after a successful Trance for a bit of extra meter, though you lose positioning and the dj.1 can become a bit difficult, so the only time I see that being useful is if the small meter gain gets you just enough to use an X-Ray or EX Skull Ball so the opponent can't breaker... perhaps if the combo permits, for a b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dj.4 xx EX Sky Drop follow-up as well for some more damage.

Some post-patch combos (same as pre-patch with dj.1's added, really):

b+2,1 > Trance > dj.1 > b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball (41%)
b+3,1+2 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Trance > dj.1 > 1,1 xx Sky Drop > blockstring (34% + block damage)
b+3,1+2 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Trance > dj.1 > b+3,1+2 > dash > d+2 (38%)
b+3,3 > Trance > b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball (38%)
u+3 xx Trance > dj.1 > b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball (31%)
f+1,2 xx Trance > dj.1 > b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball (38%)
f+1,2 xx Trance > dj.1 > b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1 > dj.4 xx EX Sky Drop (42%)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Xstatic said:
You can do b2,1, b2,1, b1,1~Trance, JP, 1,1~telestomp, quick dash 2,1,2, Skull. The 212 must be block. No meter, 36% + 7% block damage (with skull). Btw, Skull can be ducked after 2,1,2.
I think that 2,1,2 must no longer be blocked after Sky Drop. The opponent can just jump away.

Also, if the opponent blocks 2,1,2 standing, the Skull cannot be crouched.

No matter. Most of Quan Chi's strings will end up in regular Ground Bursts after the hotfix.

Xstatic

Noob
I think that 2,1,2 must no longer be blocked after Sky Drop. The opponent can just jump away.

Also, if the opponent blocks 2,1,2 standing, the Skull cannot be crouched.

No matter. Most of Quan Chi's strings will end up in regular Ground Bursts after the hotfix.
2,1,2 cannot be jumped. I have tried this with friends many times in training mode. I had my friends hold up (up forward and up back) after the sky drop, and 2,1,2 hit them, although it ended with a knockdown instead of a stagger which means it hit them at the starting frames of the jump. You must do the 2,1,2 after a quick dash, but you can also just do it without dashing. The mix-up after sky drop for me is 2,1,2 or grab, and it has been working great for me.

I didn't know that the skull couldn't be crouched if the opponent blocks standing. Thanks for that!

I'm happy that the ground bursts will be better for block strings, but I don't see what use they will have outside that. is the start-up getting improved, too?

I didn't know that the skull couldn't be crouched if the opponent blocks standing. Thanks for that!
And perhaps if the opponent knows this, you can surprise them with 2,1,u3? Or is it too unsafe/risky? If only we could combo off that...

I'm happy that the ground bursts will be better for block strings, but I don't see what use they will have outside that.
Long-range OTG and hitting people who are crouching under Skull Balls. >_< ...And Nightwolf.

Xstatic

Noob
You know I was thinking about ground bursts in our block strings, and I think it's going to be a nice buff. After a Sky Drop, we get a guaranteed 7% with meter; and with a cross-up punch we get 8%. That's not bad at all. Also, this will improve the f1,2,1+2 string. If we are in a position that switching sides isn't advantageous, we can do f1,2~Ground Burst. Not bad. I'd like to know how safe the ground bursts are going to be.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Xstatic said:
2,1,2 cannot be jumped. I have tried this with friends many times in training mode. I had my friends hold up (up forward and up back) after the sky drop, and 2,1,2 hit them, although it ended with a knockdown instead of a stagger which means it hit them at the starting frames of the jump. You must do the 2,1,2 after a quick dash, but you can also just do it without dashing. The mix-up after sky drop for me is 2,1,2 or grab, and it has been working great for me.

I'm happy that the ground bursts will be better for block strings, but I don't see what use they will have outside that. is the start-up getting improved, too?
I've received your private message. I'll take your word for it, but I'll re-test just to be sure. 2,1 probably hits as an anti-air if you do it right, so you may be correct.

Xstatic

Noob
Cool, thanks. One thing I can't remember is if I asked my friends to jump AWAY instead of towards. I think I did, but I am not sure. So, if anything, that would be the only escape. However, when we tried it, I remember that there was like no time to do anything between the stagger and the 212. One moment he was in stagger, and the next he was getting juggled.

Xstatic

Noob
This isn't really a combo, but I've been doing 2, 1~EX Ground Burst, ff, 212 after a blocked cross-up. What's great about this is that if the whole thing is blocked, it's a guaranteed 19% damage at the least, and it builds just over half a bar. That's a pretty efficient use of meter in my opinion. With 2 meters you can get to 32%, and with 3 you can get up to 44% if every blockable attack is blocked.

I'm going to be testing out if 2 is guaranteed after a hit Sky Drop this weekend. What I do know is that if someone tries to jump, 2, 1, EX Ground Burst will juggle fully, so either way it is easy damage after Sky Drop. So, he may still have a nice unblockable. I will make certain and post this up soon.

This isn't really a combo, but I've been doing 2, 1~EX Ground Burst, ff, 212 after a blocked cross-up. What's great about this is that if the whole thing is blocked, it's a guaranteed 19% damage at the least, and it builds just over half a bar. That's a pretty efficient use of meter in my opinion. With 2 meters you can get to 32%, and with 3 you can get up to 44% if every blockable attack is blocked.
Wait... isn't that just the Rune Trap? I thought that was removed through a patch.

Xstatic

Noob
I think what people meant with the rune trap is that they decreased the stagger after sky drop to not allow a safe jump into the rune trap. The rune trap (multiple runes) can be escaped by trying to jump after sky drop now. Before, you had to breaker to get out. I don't see how anyone can get out of 2, 1~EX Ground Burst after a cross-up... I could be wrong.

However, I believe we can get at least one EX GB after a Sky Drop, which is what I will be testing (again) this weekend.

You know, I never tried it since the patch and just accepted that it was gone, but it still seems to work... I can't jump out of it, not even after Sky Drop. I tested it both with the dummy set to jump and by holding various up directions with a second controller while doing 2,1 xx EX Ground Burst repeatedly after a Sky Drop. I messed around with the pushback from blocking the 2,1 as well and the opponent was never out of range for another 2,1...

You definitely can't do the safe jump after Sky Drop, but the Rune Trap still seems to work fine and off a cross-up, it should be guaranteed. It seems a bit strange to me though, considering Tom Brady was suggesting that EX Skull Ball be used after Trance for a safe jump into 1,1 xx EX Ground Burst or 1,1,2 xx Trance on hit-confirm.

Xstatic

Noob
Well, no one can find everything. I tried using 2,1,2 after sky drop against friends a few weeks ago, and they could not jump out, but I forget if I asked them to jump BACK, which might be an escape. If they try jumping on hit, it juggles, do it doesn't allow another 2,1~EX Rune, but it is still damage either way!

2 is actually a pretty decent normal. It has better range, priority and speed than it looks, so you can so 2,1~EX Rune without the cross-up. His pokes suck, so this is relative, but at least it is something...

Edit: I didn't see that you tested jumping in different directions. So, you can confirm that 2,1~EX Rune cannot be escaped after a sky drop? If so, this saves me the effort to test it again. This Rune trap stuff might deserve its own thread, what do you think?

But what particularly strikes me as odd is that he's the one who posted the first video about the Rune Trap, right? I'd think he knows about it already.

And about jumping out of the trap, I can't even get the opponent to be juggled by the string; he stays grounded. I have tried holding up+back on my second controller and repeating the 2,1 xx EX Ground Burst input after Sky Drop... I've even tried this both blocking the 2,1 and not blocking the 2,1, but I can't get the opponent to jump out of it unless I input the 2 too late. I guess I could be messing up, but I don't see how.

Edit: Ah, I see the edit now. I dunno about it having its own thread... it seems to be the same situation as before minus the safe jump off Sky Drop.

Xstatic

Noob
Are you dashing after the sky drop? I usually do a quick dash, and that might give time for them to be considered air-born.

Yeah, you can actually get a small dash, enough to be as close as possible, but it's a bit tougher to time consistently. Just going into the Rune Trap without the dash reaches them, though. You can get in dashes after each EX Ground Burst as well.

Xstatic

Noob
See, that was what I was going to test. I didn't know if I needed the dash or not to guarantee the 2. Thanks for the help! I think this deserves its own thread. I'm going to create it now. Hopefully, this generates some interest.

Xstatic

Noob
Meh, I think it is important to highlight that he still has it since people do not believe he does. Without its own thread, it is just going to be burried in here...