What's new

"Fantastic Sorcery" A Quan Chi Combo Video: By Devildigimon (KOMING SOON!!!!)

Milk

Snake eyes
Kind of wanting to play Quan Chi. Best thing I could come up with, off limited knowledge of the character, two hits (Forgot which combo it wass off the top of my head) into trance, into the four hit combo to the skull explosion thing. What else does he have?

meterless midscreen combos

39%
j.2 -> b2,1 -> dash -> b2,1 -> dash -> b1,1 xx trance -> f1,2,1+2 OR 2,1,4

40%
j.2 -> b2,1 -> dash -> b2,1 -> dash -> 3 xx trance -> b2,1 -> dash -> d2 (uppercut)

Milk

Snake eyes
meterless midscreen combos

39%
j.2 -> b2,1 -> dash -> b2,1 -> dash -> b1,1 xx trance -> f1,2,1+2 OR 2,1,4

40%
j.2 -> b2,1 -> dash -> b2,1 -> dash -> 3 xx trance -> b2,1 -> dash -> d2 (uppercut)
Those sound like exactly what I need, any corner combos you could send my way?

I think you could add more damage by fjp or bjp before the f1,2,1+2or2,1,4 and I also think that 2,1,4, would score higher damage then the previous.

Smoo

Noob
I have trouble pulling off (B+2,1 -> dash -> B+2,1 -> dash) with all the dashes. Instead, I've been using a starter (B+3, 2+1) or (1,1,2) followed by (F+1, 2). That doesn't require any dashing and I can lead into trance and then continue from there. It's less damaging, though. Any tips on how to nail those dashes? It's one of my big weak spots in the game right now.

well I found prebuffing the input worked well but, as much as I hate to say it practice, that and I heard a arcade stick (or a controller like the razor onza could help if you are on 360) could help

@milk: tried to find some good corner ones but haven't found any worth doing yet

@towelwarrior: I tried incorporating neutral jump punch after reading that it helps with combo scaling but couldn't find any way to get past 40 with it. also at the end of the combo i posted 214 does the same damage with scaling

@smoo prebuffer. practice b2,1 and dash before the 1 is finished. i switch between regular 360 gamepad and joystick so you should be able to do it on either

Smoo

Noob
@kruldar That's what I was doing but it looks like I just need more practice. I can complete the second dash about 3/4 of the time but then I get tense or something and fail the final part of the combo. I'll work on it. Thanks :)

41% j.hp -> b2,1 -> dash -> b2,1 -> dash -> b1,1 xx trance -> b3,1+2 -> dash -> uppercut

even easier than that 40% one

haha forgot about the rune traps. i need to use those more
take that b2,1 b2,1 b1,1 xx trance combo and tack on 2,1 xx rune to the end of it to start the trapping. before first rune that combo will do 35, so just one trap brings it to 45%

yeah i am but i'm working from home and taking calls today so i'm in and out

41%
FJP -> :l:bp,:fp -> :r:r -> :l:bp,:fp -> :r:r -> :l:bp,:bp xx trance -> :l:fk,:fp+:bp -> :r:r -> :d:bp

45% rune trap
FJP -> :l:bp,:fp -> :r:r -> :l:bp,:fp -> :r:r -> :l:bp,:bp xx trance -> :bp:fp xx ex rune

EDIT: also want to mention you can use quan chi's high/low mixup with these combos. instead of starting with :l:bp,:fp you can use :l:fk,:bp+:fp (low then overhead). then dash, b2,1, etc.

EDIT2: thanks. corrected. I still suck with this notation.

Thanks Kruldar for filling in answers to questions while I been away. Very encouraging info indeed.

I also learned over the weekend at powerup:

that midscreen after launcher > juggle into 1,1,2 or 1,1,3 x trance...

you can follow up with ANOTHER jump in 1 (or 2) > 2,1 xx "XRAY"

for additional damage. Shout outs to Chilly from Michigan for showing me that. :D

Overall, I did pretty BAD this weekend at powerup. I played a lil more Sektor than QuanChi...since I just couldn't feel comfortable playing him over the weekend. And my Sektor gimmicks did not really work too well. I need dedicated players iin my area to play me...and that's where I am truly lacking.

I can do all the advance combos I want (hence the combo video), but when it comes down to it...none of that matters if you can't apply it in a real match...where it matters.

Milk

Snake eyes
Thanks Kruldar for filling in answers to questions while I been away. Very encouraging info indeed.

I also learned over the weekend at powerup:

that midscreen after launcher > juggle into 1,1,2 or 1,1,3 x trance...

you can follow up with ANOTHER jump in 1 (or 2) > 2,1 xx "XRAY"

for additional damage. Shout outs to Chilly from Ohio for showing me that. :D

Overall, I did pretty BAD this weekend at powerup. I played a lil more Sektor than QuanChi...since I just couldn't feel comfortable playing him over the weekend. And my Sektor gimmicks did not really work too well. I need dedicated players iin my area to play me...and that's where I am truly lacking.

I can do all the advance combos I want (hence the combo video), but when it comes down to it...none of that matters if you can't apply it in a real match...where it matters.
That's how I felt about my early Reptile game. Just takes practice to get the shit down.

@kruldar That's what I was doing but it looks like I just need more practice. I can complete the second dash about 3/4 of the time but then I get tense or something and fail the final part of the combo. I'll work on it. Thanks :)
What I found to be important is to dash as short of a distance as you can, i.e start your next b+2,1 (or b+1,1) before the dash finishes.

I also found a fancy way of burning 1 bar of meter as finisher for 43%.
fjk timed very low ex-d,b 3. Looks really cool, even though the trap setup is probably the best finisher.

First post of mine, hope I didn't embarres myself.

EDIT: Someone care to test if a normal 4 into ex rune is avoidable? Because it doesn't register as a combo but still suffers from scaling according to the training mode. (particualry tried to end the combo with j1, 3 , ex rune mid, if it acctualy scales its just 42%, but if it resets it is 47%)