What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Solignac

Noob
I'm on around the same part main story wise, lol. Haven't beaten it either. [by choice]

I won't mind more fits for my bitch, but what I really want are some game changing mods. The ability to customize my hud, as far as sizes and what shows. The ability to customize my dead zones. I would love to remove some perks that I got. And most of all some new modes/missions to just fuck around in.

But I will take a bigger booty for my chic though. :D
There are a few game changing ones and they'll likely grow a lot when the G.E.C.K comes. The full dialogue interface is huge because you can actually see what the fuck your character is going to say instead of 1. Muh son 2. Oh god muh son 3. Sarcastic 4. Goodbye
Check em out, the CBBE mod which is the female nude body mod everyone likes in these games came out so people are making armors tailoring to it, but there are plenty of others. Most of the recent ones involve this mod, but the top ones to date are more useful.

Top mods recently added
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/toprecent/?
Top mods added in past 2 weeks
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/top/?
Top mods to date
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/topalltime/?adult=0

I don't know exactly what is going to be coming to console, but it will likely have to be tailored a little by the modder, although I don't see why you guys can't get them all.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
There are a few game changing ones and they'll likely grow a lot when the G.E.C.K comes. The full dialogue interface is huge because you can actually see what the fuck your character is going to say instead of 1. Muh son 2. Oh god muh son 3. Sarcastic 4. Goodbye
Check em out, the CBBE mod which is the female nude body mod everyone likes in these games came out so people are making armors tailoring to it, but there are plenty of others. Most of the recent ones involve this mod, but the top ones to date are more useful.

Top mods recently added
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/toprecent/?
Top mods added in past 2 weeks
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/top/?
Top mods to date
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/topalltime/?adult=0

I don't know exactly what is going to be coming to console, but it will likely have to be tailored a little by the modder, although I don't see why you guys can't get them all.
Those hundreds of additional pieces added to the editor along with the place in red mod would be awesome. Hopefully we'll get those...

Solignac

Noob
Those hundreds of additional pieces added to the editor along with the place in red mod would be awesome. Hopefully we'll get those...
The place in red mod isn't an actual mod, just a cheat table for a program called cheat engine. Essentially, you could do the same thing messing with the command console, though thats even tougher. Frankly, it's a pain in the ass and it doesn't really work the greatest, like you can only place in red from certain sides. Once the geck tools come out though, there will prolly be a full fleged mod to let you place shit anywhere and I bet it will be released for console.

Solignac

Noob
Yeah, I've been done with FO4 for awhile now, I still think it's a piece of shit. Went back to New Vegas and am in heaven, so glad this game exists.
It definitely didn't capture me the way FO3 and New Vegas did. I think it was the aesthetic style which is what I was afraid of pre-release. Maybe we'll get a Project Nevada mod like we did with New Vegas (Project Massachusetts?) which overhauls the entire game and gives it new life but it just doesn't feel like Fallout to me. Making a new character and trying different builds is really whats keeping me going with it
Kind of bummed they took the money glitch out.
Just make a shit ton of industrial water purifiers in your settlement. That will generate bottles of purified water in your workshop inventory that you can sell to general store vendors that you can make in your settlement as well. The vendors will refresh their caps every day or 2 and you can buy the junk they sell to make more water purifiers. It kinda snowballs.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It definitely didn't capture me the way FO3 and New Vegas did. I think it was the aesthetic style which is what I was afraid of pre-release. Maybe we'll get a Project Nevada mod like we did with New Vegas (Project Massachusetts?) which overhauls the entire game and gives it new life but it just doesn't feel like Fallout to me. Making a new character and trying different builds is really whats keeping me going with it

Just make a shit ton of industrial water purifiers in your settlement. That will generate bottles of purified water that you can sell to general store vendors that you can make in your settlement as well. The vendors will refresh their caps every day or 2 and you can buy the junk they sell to make more water purifiers. It kinda snowballs.
Thanks. I did that, but the water goes in my inventory. Dunno how to make it go to the shops.

Solignac

Noob
Thanks. I did that, but the water goes in my inventory. Dunno how to make it go to the shops.
Like you character's inventory? That's weird... it should go into the workshop's inventory while you're gone then you just take it out and sell it to your vendor stands.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Like you character's inventory? That's weird... it should go into the workshop's inventory while you're gone then you just take it out and sell it to your vendor stands.
Yeah. I dunno why it works that way. I just keep getting bottles of purified water in my inventory.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Hook me up.
My magic puppy does all the dirt for me. If you're familiar with the Dogmeat duplication glitch? Good items to have him duplicate for funds are the Big Boy, Atom Cats Custom Paint Job, or gold. Grab some deep pocketed armor and bring 8 Big Boy's with you to a merch, and they go for 2700 each [perked up], Grape Mentat it up for even better numbers.

Plenty of vids on the Dogmeat duplication glitch on YouTube, and loads of new ones, just search by date or after patch.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Everyone bored of FO4 by now it seems?

Can't wait for mods on console, even though I'm a bit skeptical on whether or not we'll actually get any cool ones.
I got around 200 hours in and by that time I had done every side quest, done all different branching options of the main quest and had maaayyyybbbee 75% of the map unlocked. I just couldnt finish the last 25% because locations that have a backstory were just so few and far between at that point.

Im sitting here anxiously awaiting DLC though.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I got around 200 hours in and by that time I had done every side quest, done all different branching options of the main quest and had maaayyyybbbee 75% of the map unlocked. I just couldnt finish the last 25% because locations that have a backstory were just so few and far between at that point.

Im sitting here anxiously awaiting DLC though.
I'm waiting for that as well, though I do believe it will have a similar affect/longevity. That's where [hopefully] the mods come in...

Solignac

Noob
Carla be ruthless meng!

Oh jesus, Carla putting on the hurt. Man I really need to play this game again. I stopped doing melee with my Kuai Liang and moved to using sub machine guns (no pun intended) and I've been having more fun. The melee system is too barebones.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Haven't really played it in a while, since I finished most of the quest I just usually spend most of my time building up my settlements ( Sadly theres a limit to how much you can build in an area :( )

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Oh jesus, Carla putting on the hurt. Man I really need to play this game again. I stopped doing melee with my Kuai Liang and moved to using sub machine guns (no pun intended) and I've been having more fun. The melee system is too barebones.
I've been running a rifle and gunslinger, with my mains being a fully decked out Two Shot 50. Cal and a Mighty .44. Running the Leather Coat which is armorless and playing on Survival with no HUD is the way I'm doin things right now. Gotta get my Critical Banker up because my new joy has been a self made [infuriating, lol] tranquilizer gun. A Shitty ass hunting rifle with a silencer built for low damage because it's "Enraging" and I want to keep my subjects as high health as possible when I dart them [Enraging Critical Hit] and watch them turn and wreck shop.

Giving friendly traders a sick gun equipped then sending them to kill their spouse, lol.

Haven't really played it in a while, since I finished most of the quest I just usually spend most of my time building up my settlements ( Sadly theres a limit to how much you can build in an area :( )
Let the Mods come so we can at least feel like the Console masta race... for a brief time.

I finished my quest in a way where everyone [All factions] are living in harmony [While I'm out there being a sick bitch that will kill or rob you if I like you're fit] and I can do jobs for anyone. Got the Covenant settlement without the pesky "Owned Glitch" if you're familiar with that problem with the Covenant. I fixed it.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Actually excited to play FO4 again, in three weeks when my rig arrives. I've joined the dark side [PC masta race]. Now instead of waiting for mods, I can possibly create some.

Gonna have to recreate my characters Setsumi and Brooklyn, but they're gonna be fitted the fuck up once I mod the fuck out of my game so I won't mind. Can't wait to finally build something in the settlement mode with no limitations.

I'm in there!

In three weeks, I won't have to cover up that awful vanilla ass. :DOGE

I think I'll have the first female with a different ethnicity and small tits in FO4, lol. Thighs gonna be thick as fuck though!

Solignac

Noob
My internet was out for a few days and I decided to play Fallout 4 since it was the only game I had installed. I spent at least 4 hours killing time and building a sweet settlement in Red Rocket. I had all these mods and everything was looking so delicious and sexy I was having so much fun. Then my game just crashed without warning. I said to myself, "surely I had a quicksave somewhere close." Nope, last save was when I started building. I got so angry I just deleted everything. But honestly, with all the mods, being able to place everywhere and place a lot of different things, decorate meticulously, I was having a lot of fun. I think I'll give my rage a month or two to subside and hopefully the GECK will be out. I hope you console plebs get these mods, they make the game pretty great. I can't wait to see some of the ones made with the help of the GECK.

The lesson to be learned here is quick save often.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
My internet was out for a few days and I decided to play Fallout 4 since it was the only game I had installed. I spent at least 4 hours killing time and building a sweet settlement in Red Rocket. I had all these mods and everything was looking so delicious and sexy I was having so much fun. Then my game just crashed without warning. I said to myself, "surely I had a quicksave somewhere close." Nope, last save was when I started building. I got so angry I just deleted everything. But honestly, with all the mods, being able to place everywhere and place a lot of different things, decorate meticulously, I was having a lot of fun. I think I'll give my rage a month or two to subside and hopefully the GECK will be out. I hope you console plebs get these mods, they make the game pretty great. I can't wait to see some of the ones made with the help of the GECK.

The lesson to be learned here is quick save often.
Oh man, the no quick save... damn. Hate it when I get in the zone and slip up like that. Haven't played FO4 in weeks. Can't look at it anymore after seeing what Skyrim will look like on my 980ti. Will play FO4 in a year or so when the modding community remeshes and retextures and just overhauls every fuckin thing, lighting, effects all that shit.

Solignac

Noob
Oh man, the no quick save... damn. Hate it when I get in the zone and slip up like that. Haven't played FO4 in weeks. Can't look at it anymore after seeing what Skyrim will look like on my 980ti. Will play FO4 in a year or so when the modding community remeshes and retextures and just overhauls every fuckin thing, lighting, effects all that shit.
Bro, that 980 will eat everything. I'm not so picky on the graphics but I'm kinda in the same boat you are. I want all the annoying shit modded out and all the great quality of life mods in. I hear obsidian is working on Fallout 4.5 like how they did with New Vegas for Fallout 3. I bet that's going to be really good.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
How do you build like a square with walls? When I place a corner wall or whatever, walls won't attach to it and sometimes I cant get the walls to have the right angle. Sorry if you guys don't get me but this shit is way too frustrating.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
How do you build like a square with walls? When I place a corner wall or whatever, walls won't attach to it and sometimes I cant get the walls to have the right angle. Sorry if you guys don't get me but this shit is way too frustrating.
Don't quote me on this, because I've never used the editor too extensively but, from what I've seen. Think you'll need floors to accomplish that, which can be removed afterwards.