What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Thanks. Building in this game is so infuriating lol
Why I chose to avoid it. I am used to better editors from FC2 or Trials. Waiting to check it out on PC when I get one. Hopefully console mods or updates will fix some of the frustration within the vanilla version.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yeah, that shit will be cool. Re copped it on Steam and I don't even have my PC yet... Got FO4 on that steam sale for 40$ and just got the DLC pack on Steam today. Still gonna play Skyrim though before I fuck with any of that. Let the modders get a couple months into the FO4 creation kit, then I'm in there!

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I'm sorry, but these DLC's sound fucking atrocious. The first two are basically mods, and Far Harbor sounded mildly interesting until they mentioned Children of the Atom and the ridiculous synths. Oh, and to thank everyone for being so loyal, they're jacking the season pass price up to $60. Thank you so much, Bethesda!
Yeah, that's basically true as far as the comparison to mods, lol. Even the last one could be done with a mod. Really... All I want are the mods. That's why I'm not even gonna fuck with it for about a year. Then, in one year when I decide to revisit FO4... Tekken 7 will only be another year and a half away. :D

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I'm sorry, but these DLC's sound fucking atrocious. The first two are basically mods, and Far Harbor sounded mildly interesting until they mentioned Children of the Atom and the ridiculous synths. Oh, and to thank everyone for being so loyal, they're jacking the season pass price up to $60. Thank you so much, Bethesda!
the season pass will be $50 now. Far harbor alone is $25. I foresee only 1 other "big" expansion coming and the rest being minor companion/settlement/cosmetic shit. I extremely doubt that they are going to give away $40+ of content. Not to mention how scummy it is that they are raising the price of the Season pass. Sure if you already bought it, it is fine, but this will cause thousands and thousands of people to panic and buy the season pass now without really knowing what they are going to get, which is absolute garbage

Edit: read a bit more of the season pass stuff. It will be $60 of content released. the first 3 is already $40 and one is settlement trash and the other is 1 quest with a robot guy you could just mod into the game lmfao im done

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is it worth the money though? Bethesda have kind of lost my trust when it comes to DLC.
It most certainly is if

1. You meet the perk requirements to fully take advantage of the robot building and enemies(i.e. Points in robotics, blacksmith, scrapper, and armorer) you'll want to have at least one in all of those.

2. You like making stuff, specifically building your own follower with a ton of fun variables from weapons, to armor, to voices and colors and each limb and more. Then you can add things to them like the ability to poison enemies, cause bleed, to heal you when out of combat, reveal and mark enemies through walls, or pick locks and hack terminals, etc. A lot of different combinations, each with their own pros and cons so nothing is exactly better than anything completely.

You can go from a more cohesive factory look to some straight up DOOM and Mad Max shit:
I2RrtZr.jpg

3. You want some new content in general, I'd say it meets the price tag. There are new weapons as well, melee and ranged, like a lightning gun that shoots arcing bolts(and you can mod it to shoot lightning traps and stuff) and a few others. New armors sets as well, and two new enemy factions.

I personally very much enjoy making robots to be work-slave and/or warriors.

Like this guy who I strapped a bunch of saw blades to so he can spread those stacking bleed DoTs to as many enemies as possible:

Or this guy who I gave staggering melee and defensive mods so he can tank blows from high level mobs long enough for me to murder them from a distance:

I haven't finished the main quest for the DLC yet, so I don't even have all the unlockable parts.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I don't care about customizing settlements or follwers etc, should I bother with Automatron?

I've recently finished the main storyline and was sooooo disappointed. The story for this game really sucked compared to the last 2. It felt badly paced and didn't really hit on some points I would have felt important for a person who lost their spouse and child, then woke up in a transformed world. And the nature of these games in general is feeling quite tired; nearly every quest is just a fetch quest, and I felt there were fewer really unique locations that grabbed my attention compared to Fallout 3.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Man this thread really devolved into a bunch of complaining at some point, how annoying.

Eh, I guess there are better F4 discussions elsewhere anyway.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The game is great on it's own, but as part of the Bethesda Fallout franchise I'd say it's my least favorite.

Nothing wrong with voice negative opinions on it, that's the whole point of discussion.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
both my friends beat it in under an hour
Yeah the mission part of it isn't super long at all(though it does have a lot of fun lore stuff to listen to and read about crazy pre-war super science, if you're into that, like I am).

If you don't like making an army of workers and ridiculous killing machines, maybe you don't want to drop that $9.99, but i'm enjoying making them and also the weapons(and new power armor pieces) and new settlement that came with it.

I guess I should probably try to finish that main quest line, or do that BoS stuff that I keep putting off. Been having a good time just roaming around the map without fast travel and finding things. This a great on-and-off game for me, feels so fresh every time I pop it in after a while.

I stopped playing this quite a while ago. I never even beat it because I ended up getting too bored with it. =\
I bought it midnight release, met my first set of human beings in the game, they wanted help with something and I didn't want to help them, I tried to kill them, they tried to fight me, I took their health all the way down, they sat on the floor, got back up, they acted like nothing happened, I took the game out, and took it back to game stop the next day.