What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

mrapchem

Noob
Lol, you know that Ancient Egyptian culture mostly vanished before the birth of Christ right? So who's cultural identity are you talking about?

And one more time, cancel culture is pure cancer. Instead of having a decent conversation you try to erase people, just like fascists did.
Completely irrelevant to the point I made. Regardless of whether the colored people are still around today or not, neither their cultural identity nor any other modern/ancient peoples' identity belong in the form of a silly costume.

If folks want to concern themselves with not erasing people, they can start simply by respecting their culture, upholding their sanctity and dignity and refusing to make jest out of them. Or is that too difficult?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Completely irrelevant to the point I made. Regardless of whether the colored people are still around today or not, neither their cultural identity nor any other modern/ancient peoples' identity belong in the form of a silly costume.

If folks want to concern themselves with not erasing people, they can start simply by respecting their culture, upholding their sanctity and dignity and refusing to make jest out of them.
But but but HazeOner's life is ruined because he can't dress as a Native American Chief or a Pharaoh. Won't you please think of his iddy diddy costume parties?

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

If folks want to concern themselves with not erasing people, they can start simply by respecting their culture, upholding their sanctity and dignity and refusing to make jest out of them. Or is that too difficult?
So you are going to tell the same to Beyonce or any other artist that dressed like ancient Egyptians? ...I thought so...

But but but HazeOner's life is ruined because he can't dress as a Native American Chief or a Pharaoh. Won't you please think of his iddy diddy costume parties?
Don't talk to me about dress up, I never dress up and you are putting words in my mouth.
And how can my life be ruined, lol. My body is marked by traditional tattoo's & piercings done by Iban people and Thai monks - all done in the old school way.
I have visited, stayed & did tradional dance and ceremonies with tribes in Borneo, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Morocco & Tanzania and I still remain in contact with those people. What have you done??

ItsYaBoi

Noob
So you are going to tell the same to Beyonce or any other artist that dressed like ancient Egyptians? ...I thought so...

Don't talk to me about dress up, I never dress up and you are putting words in my mouth.
And how can my life be ruined, lol. My body is marked by traditional tattoo's & piercings done by Iban people and Thai monks - all done in the old school way.
I have visited, stayed & did tradional dance and ceremonies with tribes in Borneo, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Morocco & Tanzania and I still remain in contact with those people. What have you done??
Oh sick, you did traditional dances! Nice bro, that excuses everything! Shit bro, well done. I joined in on a Haka in New Zealand. See, I can do it too. You've basically done the equivalent of "HOW CAN I BE RACIST, I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!". Replace 'black friends' with 'did traditional dances'.

Now what other irrelevant shit are you going to bring up?

"bu bu bu bu but cancel culture! Won't somebody think of the poor bigots profits?!'.

Also @SaSSolino , you ain't slick. Tell us how you really feel.

Last edited:

666 I HazeOner

Oh sick, you did traditional dances! Nice bro, that excuses everything! Shit bro, well done. I joined in on a Haka in New Zealand. See, I can do it too. You've basically done the equivalent of "HOW CAN I BE RACIST, I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!". Replace 'black friends' with 'did traditional dances'.

Now what other irrelevant shit are you going to bring up?

"bu bu bu bu but cancel culture! Won't somebody think of the poor bigots profits?!'. Clown.

Also @SaSSolino , you ain't slick. Tell us how you really feel.
You really like putting words in my mouth, don't ya.
At least I know what I did and what my heart experienced and I have lifelong friends who I visit/contact on a regular basis. No grain racism is found in me, but I am a realist and I can see that some cultures also need to clean their own house at the same time that they fight against let's say racism/oppression.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys, please avoid making this about personal attacks; because once it hits that point, it never goes anywhere good.

I know we’re all passionate about this stuff, but calling people names is not going to help them see your point.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
You really like putting words in my mouth, don't ya.
At least I know what I did and what my heart experienced and I have lifelong friends who I visit/contact on a regular basis. No grain racism is found in me, but I am a realist and I can see that some cultures also need to clean their own house at the same time that they fight against let's say racism/oppression.
So why are you so mad about cancel culture when the vast majority of people it seems to be affecting so far are racists and/or sexual harassers?

If there's no grain of racism found in you, then surely it makes sense to shut down people being racist - such as fchamp - who are mocking a marginalised portion of society.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So why are you so mad about cancel culture when the vast majority of people it seems to be affecting so far are racists and/or sexual harassers?

If there's no grain of racism found in you, then surely it makes sense to shut down people being racist - such as fchamp - who are mocking a marginalised portion of society.
Theres a difference between calling someone the n word and getting dressed up as a pharaoh. If u think both are racist then i dont know what to say.
The thing i really dont like is whenever someone slightly disagrees they pull out the racist card and if u dont post BLM in your twitter everyday ur also being called a racist. Like just stop.

666 I HazeOner

I don't like it because cancelling and marginalizing people/groups will, in many instances, lead to more extreme behaviour. Like I told you before, I've seen this a lot during travelling. Religion against religion, tribe against tribe and so on.
I can tell you my own story befriending a neo-nazi (now former neo nazi), but when typing it, it sounded like a bible story, lol, so I advice you to look up the story of Daryl Davis. He is a black musician who befriended a KKK imperial wizard.
I get that you are angry, it's your right as a victim, but you need common sense and compassion too.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Theres a difference between calling someone the n word and getting dressed up as a pharaoh. If u think both are racist then i dont know what to say.
The thing i really dont like is whenever someone slightly disagrees they pull out the racist card and if u dont post BLM in your twitter everyday ur also being called a racist. Like just stop.
Flat out calling someone the N word isn't the only type of racism you know. Costumes may be nothing to you, but they certainly offend the groups that they are trying to resemble. See: Native American chief outfits.

And nice strawman. Nobody is saying that people who don't put 'BLM' on Twitter everyday are racist. Nobody has said that in this thread, NOBODY. You've just created some boogeyman to sling shit at.

People who haven't even said it once, or who say 'All Lives Matter', are very, VERY suspect though - with the latter just being flat out racism most of the time to deter away from the BLM movement, and when pressed to specifically say 'Black Lives Matter', these people refuse to say it (thus exposing where they really stand). It's nonsensical and you don't have people doing similar for other things. "Hey Doctor, my leg is broken, can you look at it?" "ALL BONES MATTER".

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I don't like it because cancelling and marginalizing people/groups will, in many instances, lead to more extreme behaviour. Like I told you before, I've seen this a lot during travelling. Religion against religion, tribe against tribe and so on.
I can tell you my own story befriending a neo-nazi (now former neo nazi), but when typing it, it sounded like a bible story, lol, so I advice you to look up the story of Daryl Davis. He is a black musician who befriended a KKK imperial wizard.
I get that you are angry, it's your right as a victim, but you need common sense and compassion too.
Can you give me an example of where cancelling people will lead to more extreme behaviour? As far as I'm aware, fchamp is not a Nazi now. He hasn't gone 'fuck it, I may as well get more extreme'. I know that's me exaggerating with that, but I'm yet to see any big examples of well known people being cancelled who've then gone super far into hate. And people with actual hateful views - Milo etc - have been deplatformed and literally shout their shit to nobody now, which is good as they shouldn't be allowed to poison peoples minds with hateful rhetoric. Deplatforming is great and it works, and so does cancelling people (there's also the fact that cancelled people are very rarely legit permanently cancelled, they just suffer setbacks for a bit and have their ass blasted for a while, which is a fair justification for what they've usually done).

I've also travelled a lot, and I see absolutely no relevance in what you're saying here. Sorry, I just don't see how it equates to people putting racists out on blast.

I'll look that up. And I do have common sense and compassion. Especially for allies. What I don't have, is compassion or time for people who are unwilling to be allies and people who back up those with a hateful rhetoric. It's 2020, this shit should not be happening anymore.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Theres a difference between calling someone the n word and getting dressed up as a pharaoh.
They're different, but both can be considered racist, depending on context. In America for example, there is a long history of white actors/artists appropriating minority cultures and essentially exploiting them for profits or personal gain. It's why something like black face is pretty controversial in America, even though at first glance it might seem harmless.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Can you give me an example of where cancelling people will lead to more extreme behaviour? As far as I'm aware, fchamp is not a Nazi now. He hasn't gone 'fuck it, I may as well get more extreme'. I know that's me exaggerating with that, but I'm yet to see any big examples of well known people being cancelled who've then gone super far into hate. And people with actual hateful views - Milo etc - have been deplatformed and literally shout their shit to nobody now, which is good as they shouldn't be allowed to poison peoples minds with hateful rhetoric. Deplatforming is great and it works, and so does cancelling people (there's also the fact that cancelled people are very rarely legit permanently cancelled, they just suffer setbacks for a bit and have their ass blasted for a while, which is a fair justification for what they've usually done).

I've also travelled a lot, and I see absolutely no relevance in what you're saying here. Sorry, I just don't see how it equates to people putting racists out on blast.

I'll look that up. And I do have common sense and compassion. Especially for allies. What I don't have, is compassion or time for people who are unwilling to be allies and people who back up those with a hateful rhetorics. It's 2020, this shit should not be happening anymore.
I will drink to all of this.

If they've done nothing wrong/have nothing to hide, what is there to worry about? Why do people fight so hard and bitch so much about the process when it's been proven successful so much more often than not?

Makes no sense to me.
Sorry, people with stuff to hide or closet racists and homophobes, and the Mike Z's and FChamps who've done plenty of cursed shit but are getting picked apart for the supposedly "smaller" offenses, but as long as there's still an internet and social media culture remains what it is, this isn't going away. Ever. And it shouldn't.

Personal story: where I lived in Jersey years ago, like 2014-2016'ish, I was friends with a good deal of people who worked in the Halloween haunt scene and Monster Mania circles, including my best friend and my ex-fiancé. I cannot tell you how many horror stories I heard, about people I fucking knew personally who were serially sexually offensive and predatory to the girls and women that worked there. And not a damn thing was done about it until the stories started circling on the internet. THEN the ranks started being cleared, after who knows how much damage had already been done. So if I'm an irritating little shit banging this drum until it breaks, that's a damn shame. It's because I've literally lived alongside my closest people, who were trapped in a situation where NOTHING changed until they did exactly the things we're seeing being done right now. And there are who knows how many others whose situations could be changed if more people get behind the people trying to speak out, instead of moaning and groaning that we now live in a world where people are being made to reap what they've sown.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
How is that any response to what we've said? We're not pointing out 'wrong verbs' as Obama said, and then sitting back after only doing that and thinking that we're social justice angels who've solved the worlds problems.

BLM is about black people being treated EQUALLY to white people, which they clearly aren't. But again, don't respond to good points that we've made and just drop another video in which Obama wasn't talking about BLM. People getting cancelled for racist, sexist and/or sexually predatory behaviour is a good thing, you reap what you fucking sow. There's no space for any of that shit in 2020.

I do wonder why you didn't post a video about the many things Obama has said about BLM though? Guess that doesn't fit your narrative.

For somebody so well travelled, you've got your head in the sand regarding POC.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
1. This lumping everyone who wants change under the "woke" umbrella is like a watered down version of when people used to be called terrorist sympathizers because they were against the war in Iraq. Just another label and brand being used to discredit people with legitimate arguments against divisive discrimination.

2. Wanting racists, sexists, and generally awful people to be held to account isn't an ambiguity that needs to be stopped. The miniscule minority of left-minded people who take it too far don't represent the overwhelming majority of people who simply want things to get better, any more than the minority of despicable bigots represent the majority of decent people, any more than Mike Z represents all men or Champ/Chris G/Zaxel represent all fighting game players. And as you have said repeatedly, there are absolutely people who have fucked up in the past, and worked HARD to atone for their mistakes and lived better lives as a result. But that minority who make mistake after mistake and do nothing but dig themselves deeper, there's no excuse for them anymore.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Consequences for moderates and conservatives, yet none for far-left ideologues.
Like who? And who's saying there shouldn't be consequences for them as well? You don't think people would be just as content seeing justice for either side? It's not the left's fault that conservatives and far-right ideologues have the overwhelming majority of people deserving of those consequences. Tell me who there is on the other side who's at the level the right has reached in the last 20 years, and I'll be more than happy to throw them under the Kombat bus as well. I don't mean that with any hostility, I would genuinely like to know who there is on the opposite end that reaches that same level so I can be made aware and research/plot my arguments accordingly.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm sorry, was fchamp getting shit on and cancelled because of his political ideology or because he was being racist? Again, completely irrelevant.

People get cancelled for saying and/or doing horrible things (racism, sexism etc) not because of their ideology. No matter how much Trump and Parler tell you otherwise (the same Parler guilty of banning leftists on their platform).

Racism SHOULDN'T be a political issue, but you'd be damn well forgiven for thinking it isn't when you see how many racists align themselves on the right. So I can see why you tried to cram politics in there. Didn't Daddy Donald retweet a video of a man shouting 'WHITE POWER' the other day?

Again, swerving this back around to cancel culture. People don't like facing consequences for their actions, and most of the people decrying cancel culture are scared that it will happen to them one day and their ass will be put on blast. It's time to be an adult and realise that there'll be consequences for backwards rhetoric.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Racism SHOULDN'T be a political issue, but you'd be damn well forgiven for thinking it isn't when you see how many racists align themselves on the right. So I can see why you tried to cram politics in there. Didn't Daddy Donald retweet a video of a man shouting 'WHITE POWER' the other day?
That. Things like that right there. Show me the high-ranking members of the left taking things to that level. Dude holds the office of President and has almost 90 millions followers where he's been tweeting literal Nazi propaganda and blowing off the pandemic to sign executive orders to protect Confederate statues, but it's the other side that's taking it too far and should be nicer to the people who buy into it. Mike Z's already controversial ass gets caught in someone's DM's being a blatant predatory creep, it's the girl's fault for being thirsty and blowing him up. Racist Marvel bully blows HIMSELF up, the rest of the bullies come out of the woodwork to defend their boy and protect their right to be assholes. Everyone bitches about cancel culture taking things too far, but don't acknowledge the only people being cancelled out are the ones who had it coming.

Give me a break of that inescapable inequality Kit Kat bar, man.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also, you could probably sub out the White and just leave it at Dude, but this would sum up almost every debate or argument I've ever tried to have over subjects like these - ESPECIALLY against Trump supporters - and I feel like some of you will relate immensely to it, either by being the advocate or the one being advocated against.

Tactics like this are why the debate can never stop now that the floodgates have been opened. Don't let them exhaust you.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Reddit just banned a far-left sub, maybe one day ago?

But honestly, if you're racist or harrassing women, I don't particularly care what your political affiliation is. And no one else should, either.

The only reason so many people on the 'right' end up cancelled is that they keep inviting these kinds of anti-nonwhite, borderline racist people into their fold and making them feel comfortable. It shouldn't be a shock when it turns out that many of them actually are what some people feared they'd be.

Like, is anyone surprised by the retweet of the 'white power' golf cart guy? I'm not. He knows exactly where he'll be welcomed.

666 I HazeOner

You guys didn't even watch the hour long video, she made some great points, but hey she's probably wrong too. I'm out, at least I know I won't single out anyone for having a different opinion.

@ItsYaBoi I am ending it here, let's just agree to disagree. But I hope you check on the story and life lessons of Daryl Davis, maybe he can change your view.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Wow, this thread has developed an interesting momentum of its own!

There is a lot of talk about consequences. However such discussions are highly dangerous, if we don't agree on a precise set of rules first! We have not reached this point yet . Looking at the last couple of posts proves that there are different opinions on the Mike K case and on Egyptian costumes.

Now who is entitled to define "equality", "fairness", "raceism", "sexism" and all those abstract terms? - Right now a pseudo debate is going on...

Coming from a Law Background I am shocked that so many accomplishments of our modern Law System are getting ignored. It almost seems like the social media would bring a "renaissance of lynch law". However the problems have not changed since the witch-huntings during the 16th century.

Being the victim of an online lynch mob can propably ruin your life. For example that Mike K dude is going to have a hard time finding a girlfriend or new job now.

It really hurts me, when people are willed to see a life ruined, because this could "teach other men a lesson" or because of what a person "might have done in the future". Arguments like these make me think that the internet is no good Judge.

Now one could argue that a backlash on social media can be an appropriate sanction in specific cases. However my impression is that we are far too fast at calling for far too excessive sanctions with far too less background information...

P.S.: Let me clarify that I have no opinion on the Mike K-case. I have no clue who that guy even is. I did read the conversation with that girl, who I dont know either. The guy seemed socially awkward and might need counselling. The girl on the other hand seemed able to rally masses on social media and thus more powerful in this certain scenario. I wonder if she could have used her power in a better way, but I really can't say.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Wow, this thread has developed an interesting momentum of its own!

There is a lot of talk about consequences. However such discussions are highly dangerous, if we don't agree on a precise set of rules first! We have not reached this point yet . Looking at the last couple of posts proves that there are different opinions on the Mike K case and on Egyptian costumes.

Now who is entitled to define "equality", "fairness", "raceism", "sexism" and all those abstract terms? - Right now a pseudo debate is going on...

Coming from a Law Background I am shocked that so many accomplishments of our modern Law System are getting ignored. It almost seems like the social media would bring a "renaissance of lynch law". However the problems have not changed since the witch-huntings during the 16th century.

Being the victim of an online lynch mob can propably ruin your life. For example that Mike K dude is going to have a hard time finding a girlfriend or new job now.

It really hurts me, when people are willed to see a life ruined, because this could "teach other men a lesson" or because of what a person "might have done in the future". Arguments like these make me think that the internet is no good Judge.

Now one could argue that a backlash on social media can be an appropriate sanction in specific cases. However my impression is that we are far too fast at calling for far too excessive sanctions with far too less background information...

P.S.: Let me clarify that I have no opinion on the Mike K-case. I have no clue who that guy even is. I did read the conversation with that girl, who I dont know either. The guy seemed socially awkward and might need counselling. The girl on the other hand seemed able to rally masses on social media and thus more powerful in this certain scenario. I wonder if she could have used her power in a better way, but I really can't say.
Because the law has absolutely failed to do a vast majority of things in regards to injustices. Just remember, following the law down to the letter isn’t always the right thing to do. Laws can be morally fucked, see: Nazi Germany, South Africa until recently, the United States stance on same sex marriage until recently, abortion laws etc.

Well known people who are cancelled don’t have their lives ruined. Mike will find another job and get a girlfriend. What you’re saying is simply absurd. Your average Joe who makes a racist TikTok and as a consequence goes viral and loses their position in college? I say that’s reaping what you sow, and it’s well fucking deserved. Don’t be an ignorant backwards twat in 2020 and you’ll be fine.

@666 I HazeOner you’re right, I don’t have time to watch an hour long video. If you can’t debate me yourself, then don’t try. Sorry to sound harsh, but if you’re well versed in the topic you should be able to make some of those points yourself without dropping an hour long video featuring somebody else.