What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
How are you going to lecture about informing your opinion even when Crimson posted the truest, bluest example of police brutality and the article confirms it lmao

View attachment 17459
What are you talking about? I know the article confirms it.

Did you read what I wrote or were you in too big of a hurry to Google some cute memes?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"In most states, emergency personnel and other government employees are usually protected in the performance of their duties from liability. This includes the firefighter who smashes down a door or destroys other property while trying to fight a blaze, the EMT that accidentally breaks someone's ribs while administering CPR, or the police officer who inadvertently shoots an innocent person while lawfully pursuing a dangerous suspect. As a result, these individuals and others would escape personal criminal and civil liability in most instances for mistakes or intentional actions that were reasonable under the circumstances. Similarly, the organizations for which these people work are often protected by similar legal principles, either under emergency responder exemption laws or sovereign immunity concepts. "
Except that firing blindly into an occupied house when you can't see what you're shooting at definitely isn't "reasonable". Thus the indictment for "wanton endangerment". So if the police kill someone while doing something which even a grand jury concludes is reckless, and isn't proper protocol, there should be legal consequences associated with that.

This is also why the FBI is now investigating.

The key phrase is the following:
"in violation of a department policy that requires officers to have a line of sight."

If they had line of sight, they wouldn't have killed the innocent civilian in the house. This isn't even acceptable under department policy, nor by the law. You can't just fire your gun indiscriminately as a law enforcement officer.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
What are you talking about? I know the article confirms it.

Did you read what I wrote or were you in too big of a hurry to Google some cute memes?
I'm aware of what you wrote, I'm saying the internal cop goes so deep that you still felt the need to say "We need the full story" even in the most blatant scenario, even when you agreed that it was wrong.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and while I would never advocate not looking into a scenario, one cop holding a taser at a guy and saying nothing while another whales on said unarmed guy with his hands behind his back is not exactly nuanced. Frank Hernandez is a human being with agency, he deserves to have his day in court like anybody else, but I have a good feeling he will not face anywhere near what the other fella would if he fought back for his life, like so many cops justify their killings as.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Oh, and there's also this:

"An ambulance on standby outside the apartment had been told to leave about an hour before the raid, counter to standard practice. As officers called an ambulance back to the scene and struggled to render aid to their colleague, Ms. Taylor was not given any medical attention. "

Let's stop acting as if this was normal procedure. It wasn't.

ChaosTheory

Except that firing blindly into an occupied house when you can't see what you're shooting at definitely isn't "reasonable". Thus the indictment for "wanton endangerment". So if the police kill someone while doing something which even a grand jury concludes is reckless, and isn't proper protocol, there should be legal consequences associated with that.

Thhe key phrase is the following:
"in violation of a department policy that requires officers to have a line of sight."

If they had line of sight, they wouldn't have killed the innocent civilian in the house. This isn't even acceptable under department policy, nor by the law. You can't just fire your gun indiscriminately as a law enforcement officer.
The officer charged with wanton endangerment fired from outside through a sliding door and a window.

The other two officers, one of which was concluded to have fired the fatal shot, were in the doorway. They were both justified. That's why they aren't held liable.

If the third officer had been found to have killed Taylor (or a neighbor) it's a different story.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Any comments on this development?

I like that "At any time, if inmates raises concerns about their health or safety, the law says the state must reassess where they are housed", but I dislike that "The law also requires officers to address transgender inmates based on the pronouns of their choice."

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
A fabulous middle finger to Kamala Harris, who fought this tooth and nail. Newsom sucks but he's in the right here

God forbid there be some kindness in the cruel prison system

ChaosTheory

I'm aware of what you wrote, I'm saying the internal cop goes so deep that you still felt the need to say "We need the full story" even in the most blatant scenario, even when you agreed that it was wrong.
So pick one. Either never advocate for not looking into a scenario, or post bootlicker memes because I looked into a scenario.

I don't know about you, but I've been burned plenty enough times by video clips and headlines that omit information and/or context that ends up painting a much different picture. It's just routine now that I do a little extra digging when I see these.

Which was the point of my poking fun at Boxy. He did it with Jacob Blake and other situations that I've seen in this thread alone. And he's not alone.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I explicitly said that I don't advocate for not reading, especially when it's a cottage industry to just make things up and run with it. My point is you're arguing from your values, which are "well the law states that -", against people like Crimson and Boxy, who operate more from "these guys beat, shoot, and sometimes kill people who look like me with all the protection in the world from the government," and the revelation that said person may have committed a petty crime or resisted with no weapons isn't going to be a very sound argument. When there is video footage of someone unarmed being beaten mercilessly by an agent of the state, who also, if he wants to have a chance of being left alone, cannot fight back, saying "Well what's the full story?", on the implication that it could be justified, isn't the own you think it is.

If the goal is truly trying to be convincing, then telling them they need to "look at the facts" and realize they're being too emotional and should go easy on the police/authority, when it's an argument based on your values, is silly IMO.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

I like that "At any time, if inmates raises concerns about their health or safety, the law says the state must reassess where they are housed", but I dislike that "The law also requires officers to address transgender inmates based on the pronouns of their choice."
In Texas prisons, transgender is one of the protected classes that is placed in protective custody. Which could mean solitude, away from everyone. Or it could mean being on a wing in general population with other protected. And that wing is kept separate from all other wings. Eating, showering, rec yard, etc.

Are they saying that California prisons will house XX and XY together in cases?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So pick one. Either never advocate for not looking into a scenario, or post bootlicker memes because I looked into a scenario.

I don't know about you, but I've been burned plenty enough times by video clips and headlines that omit information and/or context that ends up painting a much different picture. It's just routine now that I do a little extra digging when I see these.

Which was the point of my poking fun at Boxy. He did it with Jacob Blake and other situations that I've seen in this thread alone. And he's not alone.
I did what with Jacob Blake, precisely?
Posted the clip that showed him being shot in front of his children?

We always talk about what the black people did wrong.
We rarely talk about the ineptitude of the police.
There were four of them, and they let him get to the door and open it, so they had a reason to shoot him, instead of do their fucking jobs and detain the big scary black man. Fuck outta here.
Not one. Not two. Four.
Y'all need to never fucking be allowed to be cops again. Ever. Forever. I cannot say loudly enough how much I hate all of this.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Are they saying that California prisons will house XX and XY together in cases?
I guess.

"Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law on Saturday requiring California to house transgender inmates in prisons based on their gender identity — but only if the state does not have “management or security concerns."

Obviously, I do not want to see transgender people getting abused in prison, or anywhere else for that matter. I am a little worried about the pronoun requirement spreading into mainstream America. I dislike the government dictating what is and what is not acceptable speech.

If the goal is truly trying to be convincing, then telling them they need to "look at the facts" and realize they're being too emotional and should go easy on the police/authority, when it's an argument based on your values, is silly IMO.
Why is "look at the facts" in quotation marks? Everyone ought to rely on facts over feelings in order to determine the extent of and the solution to the problem.

What is actually silly is grouping all these different cases and screaming about police brutality and defunding police departments across the country. The circumstances of the George Floyd case are different from the circumstances of the Breonna Taylor case which are different from the circumstances of the Jacob Blake and so so.

Also, nobody is suggesting going easy on police officers, who should be prosecuted if they act unlawfully. However, let us acknowledge the fact that policing in a place like Chicago is unlike policing in some affluent suburb in America. Police officers are trained and advised to exercise extra caution in more crime-ridden neighborhoods which leads to bad decision making such as excessive force. The best thing to do is follow instruction, and if you believe that you have been mistreated, file a formal complaint at a later time.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
and if you believe that you have been mistreated, file a formal complaint at a later time.
Bro, how many black and brown people do you think over the decades have been told this by precincts and phone jockeys with absolutely no fucks to give or intentions of getting their information where it needs to go?
And I'm speaking on behalf of the Puerto Ricans and the Natives too right now (like 1/16'th, but still shows up enough in my genealogy to count), because man do I bet all the dollars in my wallet that the numbers of fucked up statistics get bigger when you count everyone together who hasn't been white in the last 150+ years of America.

I wish I could turn into Orange Bear and eat this fucking thread.

#oof

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
The best thing to do is follow instruction, and if you believe that you have been mistreated, file a formal complaint at a later time.
I think the biggest hurdle you're going to have getting anybody to take you seriously is if you believe the system of police accountability works as pitched, because that same accountability is typically in the hands of the police themselves and it really doesn't work.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I guess.

"Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law on Saturday requiring California to house transgender inmates in prisons based on their gender identity — but only if the state does not have “management or security concerns."

Obviously, I do not want to see transgender people getting abused in prison, or anywhere else for that matter. I am a little worried about the pronoun requirement spreading into mainstream America. I dislike the government dictating what is and what is not acceptable speech.

Why is "look at the facts" in quotation marks? Everyone ought to rely on facts over feelings in order to determine the extent of and the solution to the problem.

What is actually silly is grouping all these different cases and screaming about police brutality and defunding police departments across the country. The circumstances of the George Floyd case are different from the circumstances of the Breonna Taylor case which are different from the circumstances of the Jacob Blake and so so.

Also, nobody is suggesting going easy on police officers, who should be prosecuted if they act unlawfully. However, let us acknowledge the fact that policing in a place like Chicago is unlike policing in some affluent suburb in America. Police officers are trained and advised to exercise extra caution in more crime-ridden neighborhoods which leads to bad decision making such as excessive force. The best thing to do is follow instruction, and if you believe that you have been mistreated, file a formal complaint at a later time.
I understand what you say love, but I also understand that some black people are just extremely frightened when pulled over by the cops. A lot of black people were killed by the police and was posted online. It created a certain fear, and that fear becomes a fight or flight reaction. Of course people need to keep it cool, but you also have dickhead police officers trying to antagonise people. And not everybody can keep calm and collected.

it’s not the right way to handle on both parties. The police officers should behave like police officers and not abuse their power over people because it feeds their ego. And the people shouldn’t let this BLM outrage get the best of them, because if you’re gonna act as if every cop is a bad person and is out there to kill you, you’re dumb.

I understand what you say love, but I also understand that some black people are just extremely frightened when pulled over by the cops. A lot of black people were killed by the police and was posted online. It created a certain fear, and that fear becomes a fight or flight reaction. Of course people need to keep it cool, but you also have dickhead police officers trying to antagonise people. And not everybody can keep calm and collected.

it’s not the right way to handle on both parties. The police officers should behave like police officers and not abuse their power over people because it feeds their ego. And the people shouldn’t let this BLM outrage get the best of them, because if you’re gonna act as if every cop is a bad person and is out there to kill you, you’re dumb.
I have to correct you that the fear that black people have of police stems more from personal experience then from what they see online. People unaware of this think it’s due to what’s going on online but in reality it’s just being shown more.

This is disgustingly transphobic what the fuck

EDIT.

(I realize I'm disobeying my own advice above but it's less me calling out Dave here than it is me calling out TYM mods who let this fly)

ChaosTheory

I did what with Jacob Blake, precisely?
Posted the clip that showed him being shot in front of his children?

We always talk about what the black people did wrong.
We rarely talk about the ineptitude of the police.
There were four of them, and they let him get to the door and open it, so they had a reason to shoot him, instead of do their fucking jobs and detain the big scary black man. Fuck outta here.
Not one. Not two. Four.
Y'all need to never fucking be allowed to be cops again. Ever. Forever. I cannot say loudly enough how much I hate all of this.
Utterly childish.

If you know/saw what happened and are still standing by that take weeks later... I was wrong. Stick with the headlines and clips out of context. It's just a waste of time for you to dig.

I would say this is why you'll be flabbergasted when Jake is actually sent to prison after this...

But then I remember you'll just default to something like "because he's black and it's America."

Racism of the gaps.

ChaosTheory

This is disgustingly transphobic what the fuck

EDIT.

(I realize I'm disobeying my own advice above but it's less me calling out Dave here than it is me calling out TYM mods who let this fly)
You're not really disobeying your rule. You want the guy with an opposing view to shut up or be stifled if necessary.

That way you can insult/attack him while opinions you agree with can be freely expressed.

Standard operating procedure as far as I can tell.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I would say that in the Poster's Bill of Rights, it's a cardinal law to be able to make fun of childishly hysterical assumptions about gov't overreach in free speech over substantive Trans rights issues.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Utterly childish.

If you know/saw what happened and are still standing by that take weeks later... I was wrong. Stick with the headlines and clips out of context. It's just a waste of time for you to dig.

I would say this is why you'll be flabbergasted when Jake is actually sent to prison after this...

But then I remember you'll just default to something like "because he's black and it's America."

Racism of the gaps.
The fucking cops were literally invented to keep black people in check after slavery was legally abolished.

If Jake did something wrong, and he goes to jail, guess what? That does ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING to change the fact that four incapable policemen couldn't take down one suspect. And that instead of using the physical force we all get our panties in a bunch about but they're legally allowed to use it - and if they had instead of shooting him seven times in the back in front of his children, I wouldn't even feel sideways about it because you 100% SHOULD stop doing dumb shit when the cops have guns or tazers or billy clubs on them - they let him make it all the way to the door so they can shoot him instead of fight him, where his kids could watch, when police training tells you at every possible angle to do everything you can NOT to discharge your weapon.

Cops don't have a problem beating the shit out of a black guy any other time, but suddenly they hesitate and resort to bullets because they don't want to get in a scrap?

Nope. You can argue til you're blue in the fingertips.
If four cops can't take down one guy without literally giving him the rope to nearly lynch himself, they should not be cops anymore. Period.
I feel the same way about the guys who let Derek Chauvin keep his knee on George Floyd's neck for almost nine minutes. If wrong is happening, and you do nothing, you're guilty. The End.

Tell at me if you want. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm tired of all of this.

#SweetMeteorOfDeath2020

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I would say that in the Poster's Bill of Rights, it's a cardinal law to be able to make fun of childishly hysterical assumptions about gov't overreach in free speech over substantive Trans rights issues.
I mean, the overreach kind of starts with authoritarians who think like this...

(I realize I'm disobeying my own advice above but it's less me calling out Dave here than it is me calling out TYM mods who let this fly).
...and I am certain there are many more, particularly on Twitter.