What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Who cares? You do realize that every single person in this thread who diverged from their far-left talking points has been labeled a racist. You, me, Onryoki, Chaos Theory, etc. Stand by what you believe and do not allow them to bully you.
As opposed to having every point and argument you have to make be belittled, talked down to, and labeled as Marxist, radical, and all manner of other things that have no bearing on the actual points or arguments, over and over for literal months on end, no matter how plainly, factually, black and white on paper right or based in reality you are, while having literally none of the glaring contradictions and outright bullshit claims you break down addressed. Because only your opponent's mistakes and shortcomings matter, not the trail of absurdity you leave behind you while trying to win the argument of the moment and not the argument in its entirety.

But you want to talk about labels and bullying and all manner of such things.
Okay. That makes sense.
:coffee:

Kudos to anyone who's actually stuck with this thread so far without bashing their head into a wall.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Again, systemic racism doesn't mean that there are racists in the system making racist decisions. The issue is the system itself is designed or implemented that leads to racist results, often in spite of the people involved not being explicitly racist. These types of police decisions (no-knock warrants, showing up already prepared/expecting to use deadly force) are disproportionately affecting black people. Systemic racism.
Actually this is a definition that I tend to agree with! - Thank You!

However, the causes and moral reprehensibility of systemic racism are then not as clear-cut as you present it.

Let me explain! - A few pages ago @trufenix criticized me for keeping personal stories to myself for too long. Therefore I start with one:

Like ten years ago I was on my way home from a concert. I was just passing a black man when two white men came towards me. Suddenly I hear noise behind me. The two white men had attacked the black man and were pushing him to the ground. Reflexively I turn around and shout something like: "What is this nonsense?! You can't fight two against one!" One of the two whites looked at me and shouted: "Wait, our colleagues will be here soon!" - Two minutes later a police car pulls up. I was dealing with two white undercover policemen who had just arrested a black drug dealer.

Then, another few years later during an internship I was working at a criminal court. Our department was specialized in drug crime. It is an empirically proven fact that most of the (arrested) street dealers in certain regions of the town were black.

That is why drug buyers have started to ask especially black people for drugs. However, the police have also begun to control black people more often. - With success...

What I am trying to say: It is also systemic that there is a correlation between certain crimes and skin color. This is not because black people are criminals by nature. Rather, it is because Africans (it is mostly immigrants from there that shape the specific drug scene i am talking of) happen to be black and besides they live under systemic circumstances that make it more likely that they are involved in drug-related crime in certain regions.

Some of many causes are:
  • the course of smuggling routes,
  • the common native language of smugglers and dealers,
  • the tribal and kinship structures in general,
  • the poverty of many African immigrants,
  • the expectations of their families, or
  • their poor chances in asylum procedures and work prohibitions.
Now it is the task of the police to prevent crimes. I think it is legitimate to use empirical values for this purpose: If a crime bears the signature of the mafia, then it is more likely that the investigation will be carried out in Italian circles (or at least this is what it was like during the 60s). If a racist hate crime against POC has taken place, it may make sense to first question local whites who are openly committed to perfidious "white power" ideals. Then again I would not be the first to suspect Jews if an Islamist terrorist attack was accompanied by "Allahu Akbar" shouts.

We can discuss whether this is right or not. - But I think that it is...

Thus under circumstances like these I think that it is infinitely unfair if the police alone are held responsible for an entire system. Actually I think that black people and the police are both "victims" of the very same system.

I can't say how much this applies to the situation in the US though! I just want to show that the term "systemic" can be far-reaching.

Last edited:
The article literally states that the two people were the "primary targets" of the investigation.

"The primary targets of the LMPD investigation were Jamarcus Glover and Adrian Walker, who were suspected of selling controlled substances from a drug house more than 10 miles away... The search warrant included Taylor's residence because it was suspected that Glover received packages containing drugs at Taylor's apartment and because a car registered to Taylor had been seen parked on several occasions in front of Glover's house."

Also, as far as the no-knock search warrant is concerned, the article mentions the following.

"According to the conclusions of two independent investigations, one of which was conducted by the FBI, Louisville police officers banged on the apartment door and announced their presence."

Breonna Taylor was wrongfully killed, indeed, and there ought to be ramifications. I am no legal expert so I have no idea what those ramifications would entail in a court of law, but implying that the LMPD intentionally executed an innocent black woman is propaganda of the highest degree.
I don’t think you understand what you are quoting nor what people are trying to tell you. If you reread what you quoted earlier the primary targets were Jamarcus Glover and Adrian Walker. Neither of which live in breonnas home, yet breonna and her boyfriend are the ones who got shot at, merely because they were suspects. Oh....and I KNOW you don’t know what you’re quoting because of the following.
Adrian Walker, Breonna's boyfriend, shot first and injured one of the police officer. He thought that he shot an intruder, but independent investigations claim that police knocked on the door and announced themselves properly.
Breonna’s boyfriend is NOT named Adrian Walker, Her ex boyfriend isn’t even named Adrian Walker, her boyfriends name is Kenneth walker. Who as you pointed out, is not a primary target. Neither him or Breonna were primary targets which kinda blows a hole in anybody taking what you’re saying seriously if you don’t know that much.
You also claim that you have no evidence that any one of the police officers is racist. Nonetheless, this case is "a good example of systematic racism." What?
Systemic racism can absolutely exist without current involved parties being racist. If little Billy’s grandparents lost everything due to the Tulsa race massacre but little Johnny‘s grandparents didn’t have to worry about that, or not being able to go to the best schools, or not being able to get a good job cuz of the color of his skin, or the sound of his name etc, then his grandparents would have a much easier time amassing wealth. He may not fully understand this, may have Black friends, black nephews, black nieces, march in rally’s and be an ally. But although he himself is not racist the racist background of this country and the circumstances that affected little Billy’s grandparents are felt for DECADES. So In this example although little Johnny is not racist systemic racism is still prevalent. One can even argue he may have indirectly benefitted from it too because the jobs that little Billy’s grandparents were not able to get, or other black peoples were not able to get due to their skin color, may be the very jobs that little Johnnys grandparents got that help set them up for wealth.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Surely “some” people are gonna quote me for being an European and having “no place in a thread with US issues”, but here is what I want to say

At the end what happened to miss Taylor and her boyfriend is something that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. The police in the US has proven itself to be more than just trigger happy. Which shouldn’t be the case. The police in the US is just a cesspool of idiots, power hungry cucks and serial killers.

Some officers are just trying to get an reaction of people, same goes for the other way around. Some people really like to antagonise or get a reaction out of these officers. This also shouldn’t happen, since some of these deaths never would’ve happened if not the officers or the victim just didn’t try to get a reaction out of the other. Treat people with respect and you will most likely get a respectful response back.
But...why? And why would anyone listen to you? You've already admitted you get your sources from propaganda sites and refuse to read new information when people try to correct or inform you. Why are you even participating in this thread if it's just making you angrier and angrier.
I’m angry? I didn’t know that. Thank you for informing me on what emotions I’ve felt while writing certain posts ;). Who says people have to listen to me? If you don’t like what I say then use the ignore feature. I don’t need to convince some strangers in a thread as of why they should listen to me. I say what I want to say, don’t like it? Put me on ignore, y’all problems with me are not my problems and I won’t deal with it
I assumed you were liberal because you were clearly not republican, and the U.S. only has two parties, so democrat/liberal was the only one left. Hell, I even admitted I was wrong to assume and apologized.

Anyway, I'm gonna just bow out of this thread entirely. I think no matter what I ask or say you will say I'm racist.

So with that said, I'll go "get fucked" now like you suggest and prepare my speech for the next KKK rally I'm hosting (and all the other racist stuff I do every day).
Can I join you on your next KKK meeting? the white part of the mixed person I am is dying to come out and wish death or hate on black people for being .

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Again, systemic racism doesn't mean that there are racists in the system making racist decisions. The issue is the system itself is designed or implemented that leads to racist results, often in spite of the people involved not being explicitly racist. These types of police decisions (no-knock warrants, showing up already prepared/expecting to use deadly force) are disproportionately affecting black people. Systemic racism.
Those types of police decisions disproportionately affect black people because they are more likely to reside in crime-ridden areas. As someone already explained a couple of pages ago, this problem revolves around socioeconomic status, not race, as affluent black people are less likely to have encounters with the police, particularly as innocent third parties like Breonna Taylor.

Also, what are "racist results"?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Those types of police decisions disproportionately affect black people because they are more likely to reside in crime-ridden areas.
Keep pulling at the thread and you just might unravel the whole ball of yarn. Why are black people more likely to reside in crime-ridden areas?

Also, what are "racist results"?
Results based on race that are out of proportion to expected results given the population numbers. For example, People of color getting sick and dieing of COVID-19 at rates higher than whites and higher than their share of the population. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/09/23/914427907/as-pandemic-deaths-add-up-racial-disparities-persist-and-in-some-cases-worsen

Is Covid-19 a racist virus? Of course not. So how do you explain the above discrepancy? Systemic racism.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As opposed to having every point and argument you have to make be belittled, talked down to, and labeled as Marxist, radical, and all manner of other things that have no bearing on the actual points or arguments, over and over for literal months on end, no matter how plainly, factually, black and white on paper right or based in reality you are, while having literally none of the glaring contradictions and outright bullshit claims you break down addressed. Because only your opponent's mistakes and shortcomings matter, not the trail of absurdity you leave behind you while trying to win the argument of the moment and not the argument in its entirety.

But you want to talk about labels and bullying and all manner of such things.
Okay. That makes sense.
:coffee:

Kudos to anyone who's actually stuck with this thread so far without bashing their head into a wall.
So I called you a Marxist, which, by the way, I have not done ever since you explained your political positions.

Some dude suddenly enters this thread and literally calls for burning down the precinct and shooting police officers and you liked the post.

Yet you continue crying about the Marxist label.

I ignore 85% of your posts for this reason. I cannot take you seriously.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Can I join you on your next KKK meeting? the white part of the mixed person I am is dying to come out and wish death or hate on black people for being .
So with that said, I'll go "get fucked" now like you suggest and prepare my speech for the next KKK rally I'm hosting (and all the other racist stuff I do every day).

Can we maybe chill with the KKK jokes? Feels a bit insensitive to me.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Keep pulling at the thread and you just might unravel the whole ball of yarn. Why are black people more likely to reside in crime-ridden areas?
Because they disproportionately live in poor neighborhoods, where there is more crime.

Results based on race that are out of proportion to expected results given the population numbers. For example, People of color getting sick and dieing of COVID-19 at rates higher than whites and higher than their share of the population. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/09/23/914427907/as-pandemic-deaths-add-up-racial-disparities-persist-and-in-some-cases-worsen

Is Covid-19 a racist virus? Of course not. So how do you explain the above discrepancy? Systemic racism.
I explain the discrepancy with socioeconomic status. Individuals who are poor have limited access to health care and healthy food, less opportunity to follow social distancing guidelines, less time to exercise, etc.

But calling for the burning of precincts and the shooting of police officers is sensitive to you?

Some of you are so blinded by your ideology that you have no shame.

trufenix

bye felicia
I assumed you were liberal because you were clearly not republican, and the U.S. only has two parties, so democrat/liberal was the only one left. Hell, I even admitted I was wrong to assume and apologized.

Anyway, I'm gonna just bow out of this thread entirely. I think no matter what I ask or say you will say I'm racist.

Another fine message that answers none of my questions, type casts me as something i am not, and claims to be above the discourse a page ago they were ready to be open minded about. Pretty please with sugar on top, go away.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Because they disproportionately live in poor neighborhoods, where there is more crime.
Keep going. Why do they live in poor neighborhoods where there is more crime?

I explain the discrepancy with socioeconomic status. Individuals who are poor have limited access to health care and healthy food, less opportunity to follow social distancing guidelines, less time to exercise, etc.

What if socioeconomic status doesn't correlate? https://voxeu.org/article/racial-disparity-covid-19-deaths "
The main findings are:

(i) This approach confirms very strong racial disparities in mortality rates, not far out of line with the estimates provided by direct measures.

(ii) For Latino/Hispanic and Asian populations, those disparities mostly disappear once education and occupation are controlled for.

(iii) By contrast, for African-American and First Nations populations, the disparity is very robust. Surprisingly, it is barely affected by controlling for occupation, income, poverty rates, or – importantly – even access to healthcare insurance, so those factors do not seem to be an important source of the disparity.

"

But calling for the burning of precincts and the shooting of police officers is sensitive to you?
I'm not wild about that either. Nice Whataboutism.

Onryoki

I respect your feelings, but it was just a momentary thing. I’m sorry you feel offended by my joke.

Some of you are so blinded by your ideology that you have no shame.
Dave, just let it go. The same arguments have been made over and over in the past few pages. Nothing new, nothing changed.

trufenix

bye felicia
You see how the second I mentioned his actions as racist he upped his rhetoric to hyperbole? He'll never address the point. He doesn't want to even consider he's acting racist, only KKK members who give speeches at rallys can be racist. Telling black people what's really good for them on mortal kombat forums? That's just polite discourse.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I respect your feelings, but it was just a momentary thing. I’m sorry you feel offended by my joke.
That's cool. It's not really offending me, I'm just hoping to keep things respectful. That goes for other posters too.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Individuals who are poor have limited access to health care and healthy food, less opportunity to follow social distancing guidelines, less time to exercise, etc.
For that matter, this goes back to stuff we've talked about earlier. Why are minorities generally worse off? If it's due to career/college degree choices like I believe you've alluded to in the past, what causes minorities to make those choices? If those choices are "due to their culture" what has happened in the past to shape that culture?

Like @CrimsonShadow has said, America's past sins of Slavery and Discrimination continue to have large echo and ripple effects that we're still seeing today.

Onryoki

Telling black people what is good for them equals racism? I thought racism meant that one thinks his/her’s race is superior to others/Discriminating one because of his/her race. People need to stop using the word racist and racism so loosely. It’s really becoming a word that’s used so loosely that it starts losing its original meaning. He isn’t even forcing any of you. Just like many others he’s just sharing his opinion. It’s really the same 2-3 people in this thread that constantly try to make things worse and are attacking people. If you don’t like someone’s opinion, point it out, debate, agree to disagree and move on. It’s just a online forum, he has no power over you whatsoever, you don’t have to listen to him, his posts aren’t undermining black people, acting as if they’re less so I really wonder why some people are so defensive because it’s sad at this point.
That's cool. It's not really offending me, I'm just hoping to keep things respectful. That goes for other posters too.
Yeah.. I try to, but I haven’t really been on the receiving end of respect by certain members posting in this thread. So if I offend them, irdc.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave, just let it go. The same arguments have been made over and over in the past few pages. Nothing new, nothing changed.
You are right. I think one of my first posts in this thread was telling someone to stop arguing with the far left of this website. I guess I need to follow my own advice. Some of these arguments are so egregious that I am having a difficult time not hitting the reply button.

Onryoki

You are right. I think one of my first posts in this thread was telling someone to stop arguing with the far left of this website. I guess I need to follow my own advice. Some of these arguments are so egregious that I am having a difficult time not hitting the reply button.
I think I was that person you told that haha. Sometimes you just have to quit responding to shut others up.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Adrian Walker, Breonna's boyfriend
There is confusion for people here. Adrian Walker and Kenneth Walker are separate people and not related.

Kenneth Walker was the current boyfriend of Taylor. He was not shot.

Adrian Walker was also served along with Glover. Apparently Taylor's apartment was a listed residence of Glover's. I guess they split up like a month prior.

ChaosTheory

This "they were shot for no reason except being suspects" is stupid.

Police were serving a warrant for no reason except for them being suspects.

They were shot at... Because Kenneth Walker shot at them first.

The other two warrants served didn't end in people getting shot. Even though all three were apparently racist.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

The other two warrants served didn't end in people getting shot. Even though all three were apparently racist.
They murdered someone who didn't shoot at them -- and they weren't mentioned in the warrant and neither was a suspect. And the police were firing into the house without being able to see their target, which is why Breonna was killed. There's so much misinformation floating around, but propagating it doesn't help get to an understanding of what's going on.

trufenix

bye felicia

Police don't serve warrants at midnight, they don't do it in plain clothes, and they don't do it so quietly that 10/11 nearby neighbors don't hear them. Police don't serve warrants with guns fully loaded. They don't serve warrants and respond with 22 retaliatory shots.

None of their story makes a lick of sense. Don't believe or spread this filth propagated by murderers who won't eve even wear cameras to theirb executions.

trufenix

bye felicia
Like fine, believe their ridiculous assertions and then show me the non black person who suffered this fate. Show me the upscale white pent house of a white drug dealers ex girlfriend who was so caught up in the game that she ate a hot one IN BED AT MIDNIGHT and they let her BLEED TO DEATH IN THE FUCKING HALLWAY OF HER OWN APARTMENT.

You'll believe that happened like this is some true crime tv show, but ignore the pleas of real actual black people in and around your community. You'll believe for four hundred years we've been perpetrating the least successful hoax ever, and deliberately put ourselves at the bottom of a ladder we were forced to build for someone else.

Somebody mentioned Michael jordan, you ever ask Jordan how he fucking feels about his success? About all the shit he had to put to with racially while he was making those millions? You see how 'bron feels about it

Fuck me.

ChaosTheory

They murdered someone who didn't shoot at them -- and they weren't mentioned in the warrant and neither was a suspect. And the police were firing into the house without being able to see their target, which is why Breonna was killed. There's so much misinformation floating around, but propagating it doesn't help get to an understanding of what's going on.
If you want to avoid misinformation, watch the video of the AG. He laid it out. Unless you're going to go flat-Earth and say the cops, prosecutors, and grand jury are all in on it because fuck black people. In which case the discussion is pointless.

Look up the definition of murder. I'm sorry, but it doesn't fit. It's why they weren't charged with murder. This use of language is also why people act blind-sided when these decisions come down.

Again, the problem most should be talking about is the type of warrant for smaller scale drug operations.