What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This isn't bait or anything, but what basic rights does Ben Shapiro deny? I haven't watched much of his stuff at all, the only thing iv seen of him was spanking Piers Morgan and being physically threatened by Zoey Turr, just genuinely asking is all.
His views on LGBTQ rights, especially his views on transgender.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
His views on LGBTQ rights, especially his views on transgender.
I thought his stance was that gay marriage should be legal and trans people should be able to transition, granted this was on the joe rogan podcast I heard this lmao not exactly political commentary

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Again, it said "indefinite ban". I'm pretty sure all he has to do is stop being a dipshit for a while and with how short people's attention spans are they should forget about it soon.
Which is still less than the overwhelming majority of "victims" of "cancel culture" have to do to bounce back. I've been researching and all I can find are a few comedians who got flack for a couple of months and now are back at selling out shows and making money, or actors who still get that sweet hollywood money after being accused of sexual assault by dozens of women. As for "regular people", I also haven't heard of any stories about anyone actually having their lives ruined. You gotta remember that for every SJW "cancelling" someone there's someone else with opposing views willing to support the "victims", be it for moral reasons or just to gain credit with conservatives. If anyone has actual evidence that points otherwise I'd love to see it because this is a subject that truly fascinates me.

This article, for example, explains how social media algorithms both make it easier to "cancel" someone and for them to bounce back.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I thought his stance was that gay marriage should be legal and trans people should be able to transition, granted this was on the joe rogan podcast I heard this lmao not exactly political commentary
He's said that transgender-ism is a mental disorder. Either way, he's certainly not a mild conservative. His whole schtick is to say extreme conservative views in the most controversial way possible. Then when he gets "banned" for it he can claim that people simply don't like him and don't want to debate the issues. He gets paid lots of money by conservative groups to do this.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He's said that transgender-ism is a mental disorder. Either way, he's certainly not a mild conservative. His whole schtick is to say extreme conservative views in the most controversial way possible. Then when he gets "banned" for it he can claim that people simply don't like him and don't want to debate the issues. He gets paid lots of money by conservative groups to do this.
Okay yeah I can see why that upsets people. I still think people threatening him with violence is too far, some of those people at the colleges were waiting outside to try and beat the fuck out of him according to campus police.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Or they conveniently wind up with a Netflix special, which people then tune into because of all the controversy.
Yep. Dude got cancelled so HARD he actually made more money out of people who legitimately think cancel culture is some kind of boogeyman.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
In Antonio Brown's case, it wasn't just some toxic statements, he also had some sexual assault and domestic violence issues.
Oh yeah that too. That dude is a piece of work. I hope he gets help and turn his life around. He is a HOF talent but his mind is fucked up. To not go to off topic here, but I feel he still belongs in the hall of frame because guys like that are just too good not to.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As the guy who loves to argue with dense tepid assholes who think they're smart enough to preach stupidity, I would absolutely love to square off in words with that transphobic piece of shit. He is the Alpha Incel that I feel like all the betas look up to and pretend they can be, and that whole bizarre obsession with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes me afraid in my soul that there's such a big market for people like him. The kind of guy who thinks freedom of speech is free reign to be a piece of shit, but then cries foul and persecution at everyone around them when they cross someone smart enough to keep up with them. I would debate that man to death and do the Raiden & Kidd Thunder Friendship dance on his body to bring him back, to life so he could live with the shame of being himself.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Okay yeah I can see why that upsets people. I still think people threatening him with violence is too far, some of those people at the colleges were waiting outside to try and beat the fuck out of him according to campus police.
I agree, but at the same time that's exactly the type of response that Ben is fishing for.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
As the guy who loves to argue with dense tepid assholes who think they're smart enough to preach stupidity, I would absolutely love to square off in words with that transphobic piece of shit. He is the Alpha Incel that I feel like all the betas look up to and pretend they can be, and that whole bizarre obsession with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes me afraid in my soul that there's such a big market for people like him. The kind of guy who thinks freedom of speech is free reign to be a piece of shit, but then cries foul and persecution at everyone around them when they cross someone smart enough to keep up with them. I would debate that man to death and do the Raiden & Kidd Thunder Friendship dance on his body to bring him back, to life so he could live with the shame of being himself.
I personally loved a recent tweet of his complaining that sports were ruined for him because they got too political. Guy lost, you know, his safe space.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I personally loved a recent tweet of his complaining that sports were ruined for him because they got too political. Guy lost, you know, his safe space.
That's the funniest shit ever. That's right up there with finding out yesterday that Trump was pleading with China for reelection help and to get the soybean market back from Russia...after he lost it in the first place by tariffing and condemning the fuck out of China.

Shit like this is why the racism, sexism, general stupidity and disgusting behavior that brought about this thread and situation needs to be fought back against, NOW, while the fire is still burning and there's popular demand to get shit done. 20 years of post-9/11 unchecked delusional and bigoted behavior led to morons like Trump and Shapiro, and the same could be said for the FGC and the gaming companies, which have known this to be a massive powderkeg waiting to burst, but have sat on their hands letting the shit slide.
FChamp is a case of the big bank robber who gets busted over something not quite as big as his usual fare. Is this the worst thing any of us have ever seen? Not even close. If it were someone else, could the circumstances be different? Almost definitely. But is it the worst thing he himself has ever done or said? Not even fucking close. The dude has been poison in the well for a long, long time now, and this was the opening needed to finally put a lid on the damn thing. As I said before, karma is a bitch, and people need to just accept it and stop trying to defend literal poison in the fucking well.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's also not like he can't simply become unbanned at some point. In the meantime he can certainly still stream, and I imagine the "controversy" around what he tweeted will get him some additional views. Point being, his life isn't ruined, he'll survive.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
People who think that Ben Shapiro is a genius are dullards who are conned by big words and debate tactics taken straight from Debating 101.

Here is some true galaxy brain Shapiro logic.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Imo it's time to de-polarize the USA. Not everything is a "liberal vs. conservative" issue. Not everything is a Republican vs. Democrat issue. I get that everybody's into politics, and that's cool, but..

Racism is just about basic human rights. Fairness. Equality. When we talk about things like ending sex trafficing, assuring equal rights for people regardless of belief, skin color, etc., that's just basic decency and making sure that we protect the ability of everyone to have an equal shot at life.

Pundits have convinced many of us that these are issues of left vs. right or are somehow tied into highly specific economic policy; and they do that because it creates ratings for them, which translates into money, influence, attention and power. If they can make everything into a liberal vs. conservative or left vs. right issue, then that makes them the authority on literally everything, which is great for their bottom line.

Do not buy into it. Human rights cuts across the whole spectrum of political beliefs, all kinds of different economic policies, systems of government, etc. This is about making sure that everyone has as close to an equal starting point as they can, and that they don't have other people making their lives hell by deciding that superficial designations of skin color, sex, etc. are what make one person better or more deserving of justice than another. Or safer.

If you can't agree on those principles, you need to get your head out of politics, and just start learning some basic empathy. We're all on this planet together, and it's important that we get along and help each other live.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I totally disagree with the tweet, but it seems like people can say any heinous thing about white people nowadays and nobody bats an eye. "White people are cancer",White people should die", "White privilege" are common things you'll hear in lefty circles and these are the same people that preach equality unless of course you're white.

Imagine being fired from your job because you tweeted "All Lives Matter" or having to apologize because you wore a conservative shirt, but this is the world in which we live.

Free speech is all but dead in this country and you can thank these snowflake lefties for it.
Oh look everybody, the guy that was posting great replacement dog whistles has an opinion about white privilege.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Imo it's time to de-polarize the USA. Not everything is a "liberal vs. conservative" issue. Not everything is a Republican vs. Democrat issue. I get that everybody's into politics, and that's cool, but..

Racism is just about basic human rights. Fairness. Equality. When we talk about things like ending sex trafficing, assuring equal rights for people regardless of belief, skin color, etc., that's just basic decency and making sure that we protect the ability of everyone to have an equal shot at life.

Pundits have convinced many of us that these are issues of left vs. right or are somehow tied into highly specific economic policy; and they do that because it creates ratings for them, which translates into money, influence, attention and power. If they can make everything into a liberal vs. conservative or left vs. right issue, then that makes them the authority on literally everything, which is great for their bottom line.

Do not buy into it. Human rights cuts across the whole spectrum of political beliefs, all kinds of different economic policies, systems of government, etc. This is about making sure that everyone has as close to an equal starting point as they can, and they don't have other people making their lives hell because of superficial designations that they that skin color, sex, etc. is what makes one person better or more deserving of justice than another. Or safer.

If you can't agree on those principles, you need to get your head out of politics, and just start learning some basic empathy. We're all on this planet together, and it's important that we get along and help each other live.
Well fucking said, friend.
If I become President, I would love for you to be my Chief Of Staff.

Also, I turned on Sean Hannity last night and heard 15 minutes straight of terror-mongering about how defunding the police will lead to total anarchy that will leave no family in America safe. Fox News is a literal cancer on this country. I understand MSNBC is liberally biased, CNN is the corporate middle lane, and mainstream media as a whole cannot be trusted at face value, but no organization in the history of the free press will EVER do as much long-term damage to the perspective of this country and, as Crimson said, how we all view the issues of the world at large, as Fox News has done in the last 20 years. There would be no Trump, no GOPas we know it, and nowhere near the kind of gaslighting atmosphere of making people believe we're in an Us VS Them world, when that argument was perpetuated for years on end by the only group that's ever really needed to be gotten rid of - the racist far-right. And now that we've had a decade of Obama dealing with completely gridlocked Congress,headed in the Senate by a man who literally promised to obstruct everything he ever tried to accomplish, to stolen Supreme Court seats, to blaming the collapsed Bush economy on the administration that fixed it, to getting behind the most galvanizingly hateful "leader" ever elected because the party had no choice and no other viable candidates, and every other blight they've inflicted on America, now it's the liberal and progressive sides who are somehow just as bad because we don't live in post-9/11 "never speak I'll of the people in power" America anymore and we aren't having the shit. Like an abusive spouse who'll black your eye without hesitation and the tell the whole world YOU'RE the problem if you decide to do something about it. Just like Champ doing blatantly racist dumb shit in plain and open sight, and getting everyone on his side in an uproar as though it's somehow defensible. It's the same toxic bullshit, and it's time to dead it forever. Social media and having all human knowledge in one's pocket means no more generations of blissful ignorance where the skeletons in the closet can be quietly ignored.

Champ doing blatantly racist dumb shit in plain and open sight, and getting everyone on his side in an uproar as though it's somehow defensible. It's the same toxic bullshit, and it's time to dead it forever. Social media and having all human knowledge in one's pocket means no more generations of blissful ignorance where the skeletons in the closet can be quietly ignored.
The thing is being racist in online games became the norm and completely acceptable by many people. Up until now no gaming company really cared much. It took for a few black people to die in the streets for many gaming companies to start taking it seriously. Its been a bit over 20 years since online gaming became a thing and now its just starting to be addressed.

One of my first experiences in the online gaming world was this: Back in early 2000s when they introduced voice chat to counter strike I was excited about it. I went up to microcenter to buy myself a microphone so I could talk with the guys. When I returned home to play and I finally spoke in game, everything was silent. And someone asked if I was a n****r? I said nah, but I'm black. Afterwards I was removed from the server. I returned to play but was then banned. At first I thought it was just one server but then I discovered it was like that pretty much every where in counter strike. I'd get booted and harassed on many servers just because I was black. I also then learned it was the exact same way in the majority of online games. And it didn't matter if I reported these players or not, gaming companies really didn't seem to care.

My question is, why has it been ok to have a whole culture of people doing this? And why should a player who is the target of racism have to deal with it. You see a lot of people saying stuff like: "If you get offended so easily then I don't know what to say". What do you say to younger kids who do online gaming and experience this? I have a buddy who's son plays online gaming and some one called him the n word when he spoke. Why should that be ok? And like I said why is it the same group of people doing it and defending others from doing it? Its not cool. Just leave people alone, its not hard.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob

Do not buy into it. Human rights cuts across the whole spectrum of political beliefs, all kinds of different economic policies, systems of government, etc. This is about making sure that everyone has as close to an equal starting point as they can, and that they don't have other people making their lives hell by deciding that superficial designations of skin color, sex, etc. are what make one person better or more deserving of justice than another. Or safer.

You’re somewhat right, but unfortunately it has become a political issue - and not just because of the media. This cannot be ignored.

If you collate views from both left wing politicians and right wing politicians, the vast majority of the former will be for equality across the board and want a fairer society. The vast majority of the latter care about money first and foremost, and usually don’t give a fuck about people unless it’s for capital gain (or as one of them said recently, human capital, because nothing says that you value humans more than looking at them as a walking dollar sign).

To deny this and sit somewhat in the middle politically is to stick your head in the sand. You’re right, it SHOULDN’T be about politics, but it is - and I can post hundreds of tweets from both left and right wing politicians, as well as voting records and expressed opinions, and then it will spell out what everybody knows but many people refuse to admit/play devils advocate for. I get where you’re coming from, I honestly do, but I think you’re being a bit naive playing the peaceful “we should all get along” mantra - which we should, but right now we have enemies who don’t view certain sects of people as equal, so they need to be called out and they need to lose. One option is voting.

But I’ve even seen it in this thread, apathetic attitudes toward voting in November when one option is CLEARLY better at a basic moral level. Sure, it’s not a perfect option and it’s VERY flawed - but the alternative is four more years of this absolute shitshow run by a racist, bigoted, utterly clueless celebrity.

TLDR: one political side is clearly on the right side with this. So if it does boil down to politics - which, unfortunately it does - they should garner the support of decent people with a basic moral compass.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The thing is being racist in online games became the norm and completely acceptable by many people. Up until now no gaming company really care much. It took for a few black people to die in the streets for many gaming companies to start taking it seriously. Its been a bit over 20 years since online gaming became a thing and now its just starting to be addressed.

One of my first experiences in the online gaming world was this: Back in early 2000s when they introduced voice chat to counter strike I was excited about it. I went up to microcenter to buy myself a microphone so I could talk with the guys. When I returned home to play and I finally spoke in game, everything was silent. And someone asked if I was a n****r? I said nah, but I'm black. Afterwards I was removed from the server. I returned to play but was then banned. At first I thought it was just one server but then I discovered it was like that pretty much every where in counter strike. I'd get booted and harassed on many servers just because I was black. I also then learned it was the exact same way in the majority of online games. And it didn't matter if I reported these players or not, gaming companies really didn't seem to care.

My question is, why has it been ok to have a whole culture of people doing this? And why should a player who is the target of racism have to deal with it. You see a lot of people saying stuff like: "If you get offended so easily then I don't know what to say". What do you say to younger kids who do online gaming and experience this? I have a buddy who's son plays online gaming and some one called him the n word when he spoke. Why should that be ok? And like I said why is it the same group of people doing it and defending others from doing it? Its not cool. Just leave people alone, its not hard.
That's all facts. And then we're the snowflakes because we don't want to tolerate it, or we're assholes for asking people to change. People need their fucking heads examined.