What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

You're either disengenuous or another armchair superhero. If you were a cop, you'd be the poor bastard laid out on the side of the road leaving his kid without a father.

The Jacob Blake incident that started all of this was the result of a suspect deliberately and continuously disregarding orders until the officers felt threatened.

Do you know what happens when you let an "unarmed" suspect deliberately and continuously disregard an officer's orders?

If you don't want to watch (it's heart wrenching): 22-year-old deputy pulls over older war vet for speeding. Driver is unhinged and belligerent, disobeys orders for over a minute, approaches driver's side door and starts reaching into truck, deputy allows it for nearly 30 seconds before ID'ing a rifle, another 20 seconds go by and a firefight ensues. Deputy is shot multiple times and disabled before the driver approaches and executes him with a headshot (off camera).

Popular one going around. Two troopers try to arrest driver, he fights them non-stop even through being tased extensively. Breaks free, approaches driver's side door and reaches in, troopers resist firing their weapons, driver pulls out a gun and opens fire on both troopers. The trooper that hopped the rail was hit, severing his femoral artery. Thankfully he didn't die, but he was in a coma for 12 days and had to relearn how to walk, talk, and swallow.

In both cases... Sorry... The unarmed person should've been shot. Rather tried by 12 than carried by 6.

--------------

As for the riot shooting... The 17-year-old is on film being attacked twice by multiple people swarming him. Videos are there to be seen, go find them.

Two angles of the the first shooting shows him running away while being chased by multiple people, the victim throwing something at him. Then when they get near the cars and close in, you hear the shots and the man goes down with a shot to the head.

Later video shows the shooter still being chased, falls to the ground and has multiple guys charge him. The flying curb stomp guy gets lucky. The skateboard guy that grabs his gun isn't lucky and is shot in the chest. The third guy holding the Glock feigns retreat with his hands up before he charges the guy and gets shot in the arm. The rest scatter, shooter continues walking away and apparently turned himself over to police.

Some of you guys apparently want people to just sit there and take what's coming to them, like the drivers being swarmed by peaceful protesters.

Oh and just a reminder of what happens when peaceful protesters swarm you and/or you don't obey them....

the question you must also ask is: why do traffic controls in other countries not escalate like this?

btw some numbers from germany, a country of 82 million:

people killed by the police in 2019: 14
Policemen killed on duty: 0

(its easy google the sources)

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Where you been, homie? You were all passionate about that Austin shooting and wanted to discuss. Then you went Houdini for a few weeks.

This one working better for you?
I realised it wasn’t worth wasting time on you when you’re so indoctrinated. But by all means, keep trotting out essays full of misinformation that has been widely debunked.

Case in point, you’re doing it again. Can only hope some of you get help soon, particularly if your orange pal loses. Will be absolute scenes.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
This used to be a thread about F champ’s dumb ass, but now it’s about gun laws??? I don’t get it.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I realised it wasn’t worth wasting time on you when you’re so indoctrinated. But by all means, keep trotting out essays full of misinformation that has been widely debunked.

Case in point, you’re doing it again. Can only hope some of you get help soon, particularly if your orange pal loses. Will be absolute scenes.
That's it? You and Boxy both? "Nuh uh" is all you got? The reason you don't want to engage is not because you're enlightened and above it all.

It's because this is football to you. You want your team to score a touchdown so you can post gifs about W's.

Also... Realise? Are you a Brit?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's it? You and Boxy both? "Nuh uh" is all you got? The reason you don't want to engage is not because you're enlightened and above it all.

It's because this is football to you. You want your team to score a touchdown so you can post gifs about W's.

Also... Realise? Are you a Brit?
Bruh what in the actual hell are you talking about? Go read some of my earlier posts in the thread if you want to be enlightened, about how stuff like this has been an integral part of my entire life. I don't go on like this because I'm trying to win; I absolutely hate that we even have to have these fucking conversations to begin with. I go on because someone needs to be the guy who won't stand for the dumb shit. I have no party affiliation, no label for you to stick on me (and holy shit, have people tried), and I have no delusions about any of this.
Also I JUST ASKED YOU if you really wanted the argumentative smoke, and you were the one who gave me the "nuh uh" response. So that's whataboutisms AND trying to flip my argument on its head, already, in two exchanges. Know why I don't actively engaged people who sound like you? Because you all turn out exactly the same. But if you want to dance, we can dance. Pick a topic. Pick a person. Pick a region in the world and try and pick my brain about it and make me look a fool. I implore you and welcome the challenge.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Bruh what in the actual hell are you talking about? Go read some of my earlier posts in the thread if you want to be enlightened, about how stuff like this has been an integral part of my entire life. I don't go on like this because I'm trying to win; I absolutely hate that we even have to have these fucking conversations to begin with. I go on because someone needs to be the guy who won't stand for the dumb shit. I have no party affiliation, no label for you to stick on me (and holy shit, have people tried), and I have no delusions about any of this.
Also I JUST ASKED YOU if you really wanted the argumentative smoke, and you were the one who gave me the "nuh uh" response. So that's whataboutisms AND trying to flip my argument on its head, already, in two exchanges. Know why I don't actively engaged people who sound like you? Because you all turn out exactly the same. But if you want to dance, we can dance. Pick a topic. Pick a person. Pick a region in the world and try and pick my brain about it and make me look a fool. I implore you and welcome the challenge.
All he can do is project breh. It's fucking hilarious.

Genuinely pity the dude, he has been utterly radicalised - and at the age of 34 that must have been some solid brainwashing over the last decade. I used to spout similar shit when I was 14/15 browsing 4chan, but then I ventured outside of the bubble as well as grew the fuck up.

Pangolin-man

My trusty sidekick is not amused!
Certain NBA teams refuse to participate in the playoffs. Unsurprisingly, ratings have decreased. Kenny Smith walked out on TNT in the middle of the broadcast earlier tonight.

Have sports in America ever been this politicized before?

I guess you never heard of the insanity that Jack Johnson, Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali went through? Sports have always been political. Usually, with black men getting death threats and terrorized. Are you being serious that you never heard about politics in American sports or are you just trolling?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I guess you never heard of the insanity that Jack Johnson, Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali went through? Sports have always been political. Usually, with black men getting death threats and terrorized. Are you being serious that you never heard about politics in American sports or are you just trolling?
It's like when people go "get politics out of muh movies" as if movies were never political. Case in point, when Star Wars adds prominent POC and a female main character (which isn't political btw), some people complained about 'politics' but refused to acknowledge the political undertones of the original trilogy.

Same also applies to games, people wanting Cyberpunk to steer clear of politics when the very thing it is based on has TONS of blatant commentary on society, politics, capitalism etc. It isn't meant to be "oooooh arm blades, flying cars, SO COOL, SO CYBERPUNK".

TLDR: people have shit fucking memories and just find anyway to complain nowadays about marginalised people and their plights. The great irony is that they're the real snowflakes, they just love to project.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It's like when people go "get politics out of muh movies" as if movies were never political. Case in point, when Star Wars adds prominent POC and a female main character (which isn't political btw), some people complained about 'politics' but refused to acknowledge the political undertones of the original trilogy.

Same also applies to games, people wanting Cyberpunk to steer clear of politics when the very thing it is based on has TONS of blatant commentary on society, politics, capitalism etc. It isn't meant to be "oooooh arm blades, flying cars, SO COOL, SO CYBERPUNK".

TLDR: people have shit fucking memories and just find anyway to complain nowadays about marginalised people and their plights. The great irony is that they're the real snowflakes, they just love to project.
Star Wars did Finn so dirty

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That is an absolute, stone cold fact. What a waste.
He was so good in The Force Awakens. He did pretty good against a wounded Kylo with no force powers, was brave, competent, charismatic, all that good stuff. Then in The Last Jedi they had annoying ass Rose explain to Finn, the former child soldier, the horrors of war, and then repeats a shittier version of his arc in the first movie. Gtfo. I think the writers spent all of their time on Kylo Ren because Adam Driver had to carry those movies on his back.

My favorite Finn quote: "REEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Fucking awful example, make murder legal? Yes, that is equatable to what I was saying. I asked that particular question, because truefenix's post made it sound so simple. Other countries apparently found it to be pretty damn simple, we just gotta follow their example right? I was asking if their situation was comparable to ours. It probably isn't in terms of the sheer amount of guns both registered and unregistered out there, which I'm assuming is why you felt the need to go straight to treating me like an idiot with the make murder legal thing.

Within a 3 year period I survived two gun related incidents. One I survived through nothing but dumb pure luck, one for making the right decision barely before I would have been shot, you're preaching to the choir. I'd 100000000000% be down for something feasible. You tell me to think about it for a second and feel the need to remind me why we have laws like I'm some fucking moron or am ignorant to gun violence. I've thought about it for a second, I've thought about all of it for a lot of seconds. Believe me, I've spent a lot of time daydreaming about what it'd be like if there were no guns. I spend a lot of time thinking about what happened, or what could have happened if I decided to take history 1st hour instead of 3rd hour, and what can still happen. What region of the country do you live in, Crimson? I ask because if you don't live in the southwest region of the country, or if you haven't lived there for a significant chunk of time, you don't understand the gun culture of rural Americans. There is absolutely zero chance guns can be taken without violence breaking out, it is hardwired in to people's brains here as something valuable and worth dying over. I'd love to be proven wrong.
No, I understand you 100%.

You know what else is like that? Slavery.

If you said "In the south, you won't take people's right to enslave others away without violence, it's their culture" in the 1800s you would have been 100% right. It WAS their culture. Slavery is what the south was built on. Changing the status quo led to a war.

But you know what? If we'd just said "Eh it's too hard, and it won't be easy, what other country has as many slaves as we do?" I wouldn't have the freedom to have this conversation with you right now. I wouldn't have my lifestyle. I'd be chained up somewhere working on a farm for free. But we changed the laws, fought over it, and now the US is a better place for it.

Our reliance on lethal firearms is outdated. Just like our reliance on slavery for our economy was outdated.

So you missed my point entirely -- which is that it's not about understanding American culture; it's about having the courage to change culture when it sucks and it's getting people killed, in the tens of thousands, every single year. "It won't be easy" is never, ever, a valid excuse. And neither is "Well some people will do it anyway". Some people will break every law anyway. The point is to discourage it so that the culture of nonsense changes, and your kids don't have to grow up dealing with that same fear that you did.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

If you said "In the south, you won't take people's right to enslave others away without violence, it's their culture" in the 1800s you would have been 100% right. It WAS their culture. Slavery is what the south was built on. Changing the status quo led to a war.

But you know what? If we'd just said "Eh it's too hard, and it won't be easy, what other country has as many slaves as we do?" I wouldn't have the freedom to have this conversation with you right now. I wouldn't have my lifestyle. I'd be chained up somewhere working on a farm for free. But we changed the laws, fought over it, and now the US is a better place for it.

Our reliance on lethal firearms is outdated. Just like our reliance on slavery for our economy was outdated.

So you missed my point entirely -- which is that it's not about understanding American culture; it's about having the courage to change something when it sucks and it's getting people killed, in the thousands, every single year. "It won't be easy" is never, ever, a valid excuse. And neither is "Well some people will do it anyway". Some people will break every law anyway. The point is to discourage it so that the culture of nonsense changes, and your kids don't have to grow up dealing with that same fear that you did.
The Civil War absolutely wasn't about ending slavery, history has been very kind to President Lincoln in that way, but thank God it happened. But it wasn't a war that broke out because the North finally decided to do the right thing, when Lincoln was a lawyer he once represented a slaver in court even. This isn't comparable to the hypothetical situation of taking guns from people for the right reasons just to fix an injustice.

I understand your point but I don't think that's an entirely fair comparison because a slaver is very obviously in the wrong (to say the absolute least) and worthy of punishment. I think it's way more nuanced to outright punish a lawful gun owner than it is a slaver. Simply owning a gun is a lot different than having a slave, which you obviously know and aren't arguing otherwise.

I'm saying strictly logistically, how do you get ahold of these guns? How do you even get ahold of a fraction of these guns? How without going into every single person's house and searching all their shit? I hope I'm wrong and am just being a pessimist. I think there is too much damage that has been done that can't be undone. There is already too many guns out there. How do you go about abolishing the second amendment? Not why, HOW would it happen? Or does it get simply altered? People talk about limiting how strong of a weapon people can own, when it is almost never the badass guns that do the most damage, so that won't work either.

It is literally all or nothing, and like I said, good fucking luck finding and taking millions of guns when there are more guns in just our top two gun states than most entire countries. It is not realistic to think that a sizable amount of these weapons can be seized, ANY government efforts would barely make a dent, it would probably just provoke the mentally unstable violent people we are worried about. I'm not saying to just say fuck it with any law people would break, I'm saying it would be a lot harder to actually enforce this one, bordering on impossible.

Crimson, I don't disagree with you on the "why". I agree with the thesis behind why doing something is important, or more so would be ideal. I have yet to hear a "how". I'm not arguing with you guys to be right, I'm trying to hear something that can actually be done that makes sense and can actually be pulled off in THIS country. Because I guarantee the disarmed countries did not have nearly the challenge we would have. Like I said, I hear you on the "why", but I'm interested in the "how", not "wouldn't it be nice?" Cause yeah, it would be nice if my kids had a safer world to grow up in.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The Civil War absolutely wasn't about ending slavery, history has been very kind to President Lincoln in that way, but thank God it happened. But it wasn't a war that broke out because the North finally decided to do the right thing, when Lincoln was a lawyer he once represented a slaver in court even. This isn't comparable to the hypothetical situation of taking guns from people for the right reasons just to fix an injustice.
Yeah, that's completely untrue. The civil war was about slavery, and all the state leaders and generals in the south said as much.

https://acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-what-caused-civil-war/
https://www.livescience.com/13673-civil-war-anniversary-myths.html

The civil war was triggered due to secession and ideological disagreement that was the cause of this secession was slavery. The history is unequivocally clear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, that's completely untrue. The civil war was about slavery, and all the state leaders and generals in the south said as much.

https://acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-what-caused-civil-war/
https://www.livescience.com/13673-civil-war-anniversary-myths.html

The civil war was triggered due to secession and ideological disagreement that was the cause of this secession was slavery. The history is unequivocally clear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
They only decided to move away from slavery because they were moving away form agriculture period into industrialization, not because they were super cool nice guys. I'll admit I overgeneralized but there were a lot more factors than jsut slavery that lead to all out war.

Care to touch on literally anything else I said? Like the conversation we were actually having?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
They only decided to move away from slavery because they were moving away form agriculture period into industrialization, not because they were super cool nice guys. I'll admit I overgeneralized but there were a lot more factors than jsut slavery that lead to all out war.
I didn't say anyone was super cool nice guys. But if we'd been focusing on the fact that slavery was 'the culture' and the economy in the South, we'd still have it.

And that's the point. You have to start somewhere. Slavery didn't disappear overnight even when it was outlawed. But a country that just says "It's too hard because there's too much of it" never makes progress.

People were saying exactly what you're saying in the 1800s, almost word for word. "How can we get rid of the slaves? The economy will collapse! The nation will be in shambles! We're too dependent on it, how will we make money? It's impossible!"

We've made changes in the past that were hard, and we all benefit from them now. We know how it's done. Change the laws, close the stores, make steady progress over time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I didn't say anyone was super cool nice guys. But if we'd been focusing on the fact that slavery was 'the culture' and the economy in the South, we'd still have it.

And that's the point. You have to start somewhere. Slavery didn't disappear overnight even when it was outlawed. But a country that just says "It's too hard because there's too much of it" never makes progress.

People were saying exactly what you're saying in the 1800s, almost word for word. "How can we get rid of the slaves? The economy will collapse! The nation will be in shambles! We're too dependent on it, how will we make money? It's impossible!"

We've made changes in the past that were hard, and we all benefit from them now. We know how it's done. Change the laws, close the stores, make steady progress over time.
Well, I've already agreed with you as to why this should happen. I get your point, but the answer to how things should be done was clear back then: industrialization. Cotton was then handled in factories rather than forcing slaves to pick it from a field. There were very clear answered because the industrialized North was already doing it. They replaced their slaves with workers that were technically paid but still easily exploitable. The new economic model was already set. There is NO EXAMPLE in America of how gun control should or even CAN be done. There isn't half of the country, the more powerful half mind you, dedicated to making it happen.

Still curious on the how, the actual important part. Once again, I'm right there with you on yes something should be done, but that is meaningless. Hooowwwwwww???

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Well, I've already agreed with you as to why this should happen. I get your point, but the answer to how things should be done was clear back then: industrialization. Cotton was then handled in factories rather than forcing slaves to pick it from a field. There were very clear answered because the industrialized North was already doing it. They replaced their slaves with workers that were technically paid but still easily exploitable. The new economic model was already set. There is NO EXAMPLE in America of how gun control should or even CAN be done. There isn't half of the country, the more powerful half mind you, dedicated to making it happen.

Still curious on the how, the actual important part. Once again, I'm right there with you on yes something should be done, but that is meaningless. Hooowwwwwww???
There are examples all over the world. Just replace North/South with US/other first-world countries.

And it's not really that complex. It won't happen overnight, but the short is that you make it illegal, ban sale, and work to compensate people to get them out of people's hands. Give incentives, tax, financial or otherwise.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!

Your examples of murder and slavery do not work in this context at all, because firearm ownership represents a voluntary relationship. You can choose to own one or not, know how to operate one or not, or refuse any personal association with them whatsoever. Both murder and slavery are necessarily defined by their involuntary nature in regards to the victim. The moral justification for force against the perpetrators of your examples would also justify those willing to protect their 2nd amendment rights. Those not willing to outwardly struggle in such fashion may succumb to the Prohibition effect. I suspect that this time around the black market would take the form of 3D printed guns. Then you'll miss those 4473s.

I know you personally haven't necessarily voiced the following sentiment, but I'm seriously blown away by some of the thoughts people have had on this issue. Anyone who would have literally all non-law enforcement/military citizens disarmed have CLEARLY:
Never cleared coyotes from their property
Never protected their life's work against someone thanks to a double barrel
Never ran off human trash off their property after hearing them in the night outside your window trying to open it

Those are just experiences close to me personally. I've had customers who:
Have saved themselves from a rape attempt
Have protected themselves from thugs on the streets of East St. Louis (ALL unreported DGUs, either due to cop distrust or lack of confidence in them)
Have been able to keep themselves safe from the threat of domestic abuse

I see people have such strong opinions on the matter, but then don't even know what something like a NICS check is. How can you speak to efficacy when you don't even know how the system actually works? Can you buy a handgun as an out-of-state resident? Which misdemeanors prohibit gun ownership? What level of firearm containment is required by law in a household with minors? What's the cutoff year for firearms that can be shipped to a C&R FFL? I could pose dozens of additional questions, and for the most part the only persons who could answer them unassisted are those who are already lawfully exercising ownership.

It's not just a matter of "not easy", it's a matter of being an unwinnable fight. In the minds of liberty or preservationist-minded persons this is an issue that they are willing to suffer and more for, not even to mention the political boon the perceived struggle over this issue is for both political parties. This will NEVER go away, as long as man has foot on this continent.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Your examples of murder and slavery do not work in this context at all, because firearm ownership represents a voluntary relationship. You can choose to own one or not, know how to operate one or not, or refuse any personal association with them whatsoever. Both murder and slavery are necessarily defined by their involuntary nature in regards to the victim.
Wtf -- and the victims of slavery were voluntarily complicit in not being given rights? This makes no sense.

Slave owners could choose to own slaves because it was legal and they were considered to be property. That designation changed later, due to intervention.

Also, outside of that point, plenty of 'voluntary' things have been made illegal. You don't get to own a working sherman tank or an F16 just because you have the money to afford it. Literally nothing in our legal system works this way.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There are examples all over the world. Just replace North/South with US/other first-world countries.

And it's not really that complex. It won't happen overnight, but the short is that you make it illegal, ban sale, and work to compensate people to get them out of people's hands. Give incentives, tax, financial or otherwise.
This kind of leads back to my original response to truefenix which kicked all of this off, did those other first world countries have to disarm as many people as we do? Was it close? What I'm saying is our unique (uniquely bad lmao) situation makes things more complicated. No it won't happen overnight, which of course nobody expects. I just don't think it can happen. I think it is very complex, not simple at all, wouldn't be peaceful either. I think compensation would actually do some good, someone earlier in this thread said that and I thought that was a good idea. Closing the shops and banning sales would help with new guns to some extent, but imo the problem isn't new guns, the real problem in implementing this is seizing all of the existing ones.

The thing is though, I'm not even saying nothing should happen. I asked truefenix if those other countries were like ours in terms of quantity of guns, but you felt the need to explain to me the importance of trying, which obviously is true, it's not the question I was even asking.

46% of the civilian guns owned WORLDWIDE are owned by American civilians. There are only like 300 million people in America, definitely not representative of 46% of the world population. I think this issue is a lot less simple and would require much more drastic solutions than you guys are suggesting. Once again, this is just registered guns.