What's new

Tech - Grandmaster EX Clone defensive option select!!!!

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
@Tom Brady what if they just slightly decreased the proximity distance for clone and made it so only after startup it took a bar? That way you can keep its 6 frame startup and not worry about instances where you lose a bar while getting hit during startup.
There is no need for a fail safe on EX Clone because there will always be a game system fail safe that works against and overrides the EX Clone fail safe.

Again... Ex Clone needs its start up slowed to the same speed of normal clone (from 6 to 8) which ensures that it always comes out as a clone cancel on block and it needs to keep the same cancel adv so SZ stays safe on the special cancel. EX Clone should also not disappear when SZ blocks an attack. This is fair..

Several characters have received significant buffs across all 3 variations but SZ gets a nerf to GM and nothing more. Yes, I understand that not all variations are made to be equally as strong. That being said, can we at least get the "stronger" of the 3 variations to work right?
Or they could move the cancel window forward so when 2 connects it would allow it to generate alittle more pushback instead of coming out pointblank, and to mitigate the issue of it making non ex clone more unsafe to use after a string, they could slightly decrease the recovery frames of clone or increase b12s block advantage. Or they could just increase the pushback distance on block. That way Sub can still have a 6 frame clone.

No hope, ex clone was not designed to work so the fact that it is working by design means that it is not in need of a fix... sorry

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Well that would give a reason to use ex Klone only thing is really does was is it stay on screen longer but that kinda useless when it goes away on block and doesn't come out all the time
Once in a while I've been using F4~EX Ice Clone at corner for very fast b2 or b33. Almost every single time I caught them off guard, since Sub-Zero recover so much faster using EX Clone.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
I think this is a really good way to go about bringing light on issues in the character. I don't understand why people complain about his video. Tom Brady did not just spam forums whining, he actually makes a really good point now over several videos and actually show cases the issue instead of just going the easy way and whining.

It shows that you really care, Tom Brady, and I respect you for that even though I'm not a Sub zero player.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I cant remember which one, but I know the Kombat Kast said either the traps or the discs go away on hit and on block.

Kilz88

Noob
Out of 100 tries, B33~Ice Ball didnt combo once vs male characters in open space when just the last hit of the string hit. Must have been a bug.
Check my stream archive at 01:04:15. I whiffed the first hit of B3,3 on top of him and it comboed into Ice Ball. Obviously, this is not that useful as the opponent will see the string and simply block low but I was just wondering why it worked and if it means something for landing the freeze on male characters without meter...Let me know what you think @Tom Brady

http://www.twitch.tv/kaker9001/b/677094783

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well actually i would say that nobody should be mad at tom. He is keeping the sub zero thrreads alive by trying to find new stuff and helping us out. Unlike other people who keep new techs for themselves tom at least posts something as soon as he finds one.
Just saying

Tom it does work i usually do this during knockdown b3,3 only second hit needs to connect in order for it 2 work,also 1,2 into iceball aswell 2nd hit too..I wrote about this maybe 2 month ago so this is old 2 me.Good luck at EVO ill be watching