What's new

Tech - Grandmaster EX Clone defensive option select!!!!

Listen, i play JC.

In stunt double i can't use one of my combos cause its randomly whiffs for no reason
114 one of his better strings ALSO randomly whiffs
Delayed ball punch, ALSO randomly whiffs on a number of the cast.

Thats just ones of the top of my head on ONE character.

Tom i agree subzero needs fixes but you're making yourself and the subzero community look horrible with all these endless crying threads.

You spent two seconds 'innovating' before you found something u could go and cry about on here

People are aware of the issues.
You crying every 3 days just makes nobody take them seriously.
Johnny has two viable variations that cover completely different play styles. If subz could be so lucky

Nereus

Noob
Let me start off by saying that i don't blame @Wigy for what he said. Constant complaining does get annoying a bit. But.. @Tom Brady has a point. SZ has issues when most of them shouldn't even be issues (EX Klone not functioning properly, people hitting through the clone without having D'vorah type normals.. etc.) He's just too silly right now and he needs to be looked at.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
There is no need for a fail safe on EX Clone because there will always be a game system fail safe that works against and overrides the EX Clone fail safe.

Again... Ex Clone needs its start up slowed to the same speed of normal clone (from 6 to 8) which ensures that it always comes out as a clone cancel on block and it needs to keep the same cancel adv so SZ stays safe on the special cancel. EX Clone should also not disappear when SZ blocks an attack. This is fair..

Several characters have received significant buffs across all 3 variations but SZ gets a nerf to GM and nothing more. Yes, I understand that not all variations are made to be equally as strong. That being said, can we at least get the "stronger" of the 3 variations to work right?
Tom how do you have the strength to smile on the battle field? Ok but seriously stop, let me save you. We all know sub needs nothing, he's actually really stupid and over powered. The more you post about this the more NRS reads and says "yup next patch that [ban incoming] Sub-Zero is gonna die. We tried to spare him, we tried to just...forget about him, but now that fucker went and asked for fixes. I'm gonna nerf him so hard into the ground he's gonna make mk9 jade look top tier, yea that'll learn em." I am convinced that this is what goes through their heads. People say he's braindead but my only question is, if he's so brain dead why is it the only tournament he's won is CEO by DTJ whom I might add only used him in GF for the whole tournament I would know I was there. I'm not gonna tell you the character isn't good cause that's absurd. Hell I won't even tell you he's not cheap, but by no means is he just outright brain dead. He does have to think more than a lot of people give him credit for. But as I've said in another thread, us Sub-Zero players should just be happy he hasn't been touched at all, cause the moment he gets ex clone fixed is the moment we lose something essential to our metta, like that nice throw into Clone and @Tom Brady please tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Tom how do you have the strength to smile on the battle field? Ok but seriously stop, let me save you. We all know sub needs nothing, he's actually really stupid and over powered. The more you post about this the more NRS reads and says "yup next patch that [ban incoming] Sub-Zero is gonna die. We tried to spare him, we tried to just...forget about him, but now that fucker went and asked for fixes. I'm gonna nerf him so hard into the ground he's gonna make mk9 jade look top tier, yea that'll learn em." I am convinced that this is what goes through their heads. People say he's braindead but my only question is, if he's so brain dead why is it the only tournament he's won is CEO by DTJ whom I might add only used him in GF for the whole tournament I would know I was there. I'm not gonna tell you the character isn't good cause that's absurd. Hell I won't even tell you he's not cheap, but by no means is he just outright brain dead. He does have to think more than a lot of people give him credit for. But as I've said in another thread, us Sub-Zero players should just be happy he hasn't been touched at all, cause the moment he gets ex clone fixed is the moment we lose something essential to our metta, like that nice throw into Clone and @Tom Brady please tell me I'm wrong.
Not attacking you at all, kinda out of it since I haven't slept in like 2 days, but why would it even matter if he was braindead? With very very very very very few exceptions, things in fighting games shouldn't be balanced based on how easy or difficult a thing is, or how braindead or challenging a character is.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Things I don't get...

1. If you think these threads are pointless..why bother even coming in to comment

2. If you think all these threads by Tom are the same shit , then you def don't understand what's been going on.

3. If you think sub players are brain dead , maybe having better options to rely on will help that. But honestly. How is sub any less brain dead that scorpion, kung Jin , ermac, raiden, etc

4. For those who don't play subzero, you have zero idea how much Tom helps as in showing people thewhat NOT to do or WHY shit doesn't work at the same time as making points in his video. Esp people who play sub as a pocket character.

5. When people come in here and they don't like Tom. ...If you don't like Tom as a person, then why even come in here. You know what it's going to be about. Just seems pointless...

6. People telling Tom to pick drop subzero....

7. People who say the subzero "community" are cry babies.... But.... Not goros, or kitanas, or shinnok, or quan, or kenshi, or tanyas, or fbc scorpion gang, or fc Johnny, or raiden f1 group, or Jacqui, or cassie, takeda, or....like really...

The blind can't lead the blind...unless someone plays the dog...

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Sub Zero is the most bugged character in the game. I'll be complaining about it in a year from now if they haven't fixed his bugs, it's that simple. None of you bitched when Pog of the Huy was throwing temper tantrums at public events / during matches and derailing every thread he posts in (and he posts in a LOT) into a big Kenshi balance whine, so don't complain when Tom is keeping it classy on the forums and just sticking to his own forum and making a thread per each issue, nothing more, and not constantly dragging it into other threads unless it's relevant to it

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Not attacking you at all, kinda out of it since I haven't slept in like 2 days, but why would it even matter if he was braindead? With very very very very very few exceptions, things in fighting games shouldn't be balanced based on how easy or difficult a thing is, or how braindead or challenging a character is.
It's not so much that it matters, so much as people use that argument to justify why the character deserves nothing. Most of why a character should have nothing or should have an issue or glitch addressed in this community or at least when it come to Sub-Zero is "oh he has an ice clone, so he's fine." Or "the Clone is dumb cause when he puts it up it stops me from running my game and disrupts neutral, so if he had this issue with the move, fuck it cause the clone makes him really unfair and cheap." When I read things like this it make me really face palm because it's like people on here run around thinking that cause a character has one really good or even stupid move that makes them viable or annoying, that means that the character should not have any of the issues that they suffer from addressed. Same thing with GL in injustice. Lift was soooo broken cause of the range, never mind it was -27, GL was free on knock down, and lot of it was baiting lift and half life punishing him. But because the move was obnoxious and disrupted neutral it was stupid, broken, and brain dead.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
The problem is people have to play against Sub so different compared to other characters. It drives away most casual fans and even some supposedly legit players. That's why the clone is never working properly. It is because people just cry and cry that they can't recklessly continue their pressure game. Adjustments are a must but many people just don't want to adjust their game and would rather cry. Most people are lazy and won't lab and will just cry "overpowered" until nerfs are made and they can continue to play like an idiot. But that's why NRS doesn't want to fix it. It drives away a majority of the consumer base.

I see this and I don't even use Sub.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
This stems from the fact that NRS would rather greatly alter character's moves rather than making sure everyone's moves work properly. I think before anymore balance changes happen there needs to be a massive effort to fix these type of bugs and mids randomly whiffing.
This is exactly what the game needs!

Wigy

There it is...
sorry habibi, by the statement above I thought you're mentioning the klone.
the problem is habibi, you're blinded by hatred, it's not cool.
so far there's a lot complain about fixing a real problem regarding the klone, it doesn't matter that the char is nowhere low tier, if there's a problem it needs fixing, that is all.
and you in the other hand complaining trying to make it out as it's a normal thing and people should accept all of this nonsense by adapting, which ,pardon my french, is bullshit.
Thats not what i've said at all. You're retarded

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I agree with @Tom Brady that something needs to change with this move.

There shouldn't be any randomness in the game, as moves should be dependable. The MB clone should be fixed and either made to not disappear on block, and/or just made to come out at the same speed as the normal clone. Maybe add some back-dash invincibility or something too just to make it worth using in cqc. That might add something interesting to the mix too.

Thats not what i've said at all. You're retarded
Can't blame him for not reading the 20 or so posts you have in this thread, about a character you supposedly don't play, about testing you didn't do.

I get it. Johnny Cage has problems and you didn't get vocal about them. That's your problem. If someone has found something wrong with the game which doesn't affect my life outside of what I (like you) choose to read, more power to them.

Whining about others whining really isn't as messianic as you might have imagined.

legitimate issues and obvious problems being showed unquestionably. ... that equals crying.. lol salt.. etc.

The clone just flat out not coming out is a problem. the end.

That said, even before the first nerf with the clone being removed on block, the clone never worked right. Ever. There were tons of videos showing characters walking right through it if SZ blocked an attack within a certain time frame of putting it out there... Leaving a clone with no active hitbox and no way for him to use another one until it just went away. I tested it with sonya, and mileena. Both characters could jump over clone and force SZ to block, then just land in the non-active clone leaving him unable to put out another one.

At least SZ blocking and having the clone go away let him toss out another one, which wasn't a very good solution.

No one should be able to just poke through the damn thing either. When you have an entire variation that is based around one single move, regardless of its viability, it should work right.

Wigy

There it is...
Can't blame him for not reading the 20 or so posts you have in this thread, about a character you supposedly don't play, about testing you didn't do.

I get it. Johnny Cage has problems and you didn't get vocal about them. That's your problem. If someone has found something wrong with the game which doesn't affect my life outside of what I (like you) choose to read, more power to them.

Whining about others whining really isn't as messianic as you might have imagined.

The guy quoted me directly and completely put words on my mouth. Yeah for the most part you're right Just guna ignore these posts and continue to not take brady seriously.