What's new

Tech - Grandmaster EX Clone defensive option select!!!!

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Listen, i play JC.

In stunt double i can't use one of my combos cause its randomly whiffs for no reason
114 one of his better strings ALSO randomly whiffs
Delayed ball punch, ALSO randomly whiffs on a number of the cast.

Thats just ones of the top of my head on ONE character.

Tom i agree subzero needs fixes but you're making yourself and the subzero community look horrible with all these endless crying threads.

You spent two seconds 'innovating' before you found something u could go and cry about on here

People are aware of the issues.
You crying every 3 days just makes nobody take them seriously.
Kind've agree with this. This is a legit issue but now I see a Brady thread about the clone and all I can think of is Aris's soundboard and twitch chat going

"The Clone is not functioning properly"
"Look at that knee"
"CHARACTER!"
Etc etc

Wigy

There it is...
This issue is completely being swept under the rung and it is said that "SZ players should find new and innovative ways to use this move rather then ask for a fix". If people want to insult our intelligence then they shouldn't get offended when tech is found that should work but only almost works because no matter how "new and innovative" you get, it all comes back to the same issue.
Its not swept under the rug, everyone is well aware, do you think ed boon is sitting on all your topics like nah i don't care fuck subzero.

Everyone isn't telling you to level up, they're telling you that we don't care anymore cause you've told us 100 times. Half the cast has issues like this or worse, so just man the fuck up.

Wigy

There it is...
And would you not want to bring it to the attention of players and maybe some people who work for NRS that possibly don't know this is happening or is that big of a deal?

All Tom is doing is bring to light issues in the game with GM, simple as.

You don't have to like it, but you certainly shouldn't discourage it, ever, nothing good will ever come of that.
Everybody motherfucking knows already! I'm sure if there was microscopic sentient beings on mars, they would know all about subzeros clone not operating properly

Its not swept under the rug, everyone is well aware, do you think ed boon is sitting on all your topics like nah i don't care fuck subzero.

Everyone isn't telling you to level up, they're telling you that we don't care anymore cause you've told us 100 times. Half the cast has issues like this or worse, so just man the fuck up.
Its people like you that, as you said yourself, "HATE Sub-Zero" cried for a nerf to begin with. Then you say "man the fuck up" when the nerf became extreme after the ex clone not working right was discovered. Why don't people like you "man the fuck" up rather then cry for a nerf next time.

Wigy

There it is...
Its people like you that cried for a nerf to begin with then you say "man the fuck up" when the nerf became extreme after the ex clone not working right was discovered. Why don't people like you "man the fuck" up rather then cry for a nerf next time.
Never cried for subzero to be nerfed. But good shot. Only character i've argued for nerfs not in jest was tanya and scorpions FBC's.

You're completely ignoring what im saying anyway. Just carry on screaming about the clone with your fingers in your ears and everybody will just keep treating you for the child you are acting like

Never cried for subzero to be nerfed. But good shot. Only character i've argued for nerfs not in jest was tanya and scorpions FBC's.

You're completely ignoring what im saying anyway. Just carry on screaming about the clone with your fingers in your ears and everybody will just keep treating you like the child you are acting like
Like most people here, you do not play this game in tournament anywhere near as much as some of us do which is why you and many others just don't get it.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Listen, i play JC.

In stunt double i can't use one of my combos cause its randomly whiffs for no reason
114 one of his better strings ALSO randomly whiffs
Delayed ball punch, ALSO randomly whiffs on a number of the cast.

Thats just ones of the top of my head on ONE character.

Tom i agree subzero needs fixes but you're making yourself and the subzero community look horrible with all these endless crying threads.

You spent two seconds 'innovating' before you found something u could go and cry about on here

People are aware of the issues.
You crying every 3 days just makes nobody take them seriously.
That reminded me matches vs some good JC player. It was so funny, like he hit me i thought i was rekt and then he randomly whiffs delayed ball punch and get rekt in result. As we played more games it got to a point where i thought "why do i even bother its 50/50 that he gonna whiff next combo even without me doing anything lol". Good times, i love playing vs JC. :D

Wigy

There it is...
That reminded me matches vs some good JC player. It was so funny, like he hit me i thought i was rekt and then he randomly whiffs delayed ball punch and get rekt in result. As we played more games it got to a point why do i even bother its 50/50 that he gonna whiff next combo even without me doing anything lol. Good times, i love playing vs JC. :D
Its painful. The JC subzero matchup is horrendous enough without me not randomly having one of my best tools for no reason

Immortal

Blind justice....
Its painful. The JC subzero matchup is horrendous enough without me not randomly having one of my best tools for no reason
I actually play almost only Kenshi (obviously) which by itself is probably even worse MU for JC then SZ.

Wigy

There it is...
When I get taunted with comments of "i'd like to see you find new and innovate ways to use this move before we are sure it needs a fix" then I'm going to show just how those "new and innovative ways" end up.
Tom, stop taking everything everybody says to heart. Geez, just go in do yo thang in tourney and represent the best you can.

If people guna hate and give you 0 props after you've played well then they're idiots.

Tom, stop taking everything everybody says to heart. Geez, just go in do yo thang in tourney and represent the best you can.

If people guna hate and give you 0 props after you've played well then they're idiots.
Im in the lab and unable to advance the character because the next level of the meta wont work. Im stuck unable to advance the character. His god awful matches like D'Vorah I grind and grind in the lab only to find anything that helps wont work right..

Even in MK9 I could lab non stop and constantly find new ways to deal with things despite how bad SZ was because the core of my character worked. It gets me angry to know that SZ is in stasis until something gets done. The opponent has their counters but any counter to the counter which creates the mind game situations just dont work. The character is becoming static.

I have no reason or motivation to lab anymore because I have labbed so much as is that I already know the outcome. Ideas that should work but will not.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im in the lab and unable to advance the character because the next level of the meta wont work. Im stuck unable to advance the character. His god awful matches like D'Vorah I grind and grind in the lab only to find anything that helps wont work right..

Even in MK9 I could lab non stop and constantly find new ways to deal with things because everything worked. It gets me angry to know that SZ is in stasis until something gets done. The opponent has their counters but any counter to the counter which creates the mind game situations just dont work. The character is becoming static.

I have no reason or motivation to lab anymore because I have labbed so much as is that I already know the outcome. Ideas that should work but will not.
But you can still just outplay your opponent (not the character hes playing) and win with SZ. Just like Taco did in ESL EU finals yesterday (3rd place overall, playing only GM SZ).

Wigy

There it is...

Even in MK9 I could lab non stop and constantly find new ways to deal with things because everything worked. It gets me angry to know that SZ is in stasis until something gets done. The opponent has their counters but any counter to the counter which creates the mind game situations just dont work. The character is becoming static.
All im saying these threads are pointless, i get your frustration though.

Are you saying grandmaster is not tournament viable?

Viable? yes.. Not to be a CONSISTENT top 5-8 placer though. I'll be able squeeze a few top 8's in but right now he just has too many holes for the very best characters to abuse because his meta stops working right at a certain point.

Kilz88

Noob
It's because there is more push back when B33 hits male characters. Female characters don't get pushed back as far when B33 hits which allows the normal Ice Blast to combo mid screen.
Hey Tom, or anyone for that matter, have you guys noticed that sometimes if you hit with only the second hit of B3,3 that it will combo into regular Ice Ball on male characters midscreen? Not sure what is happening there but I have also had the opposite happen with females where if I only connect with the second hit of B3,3 it does NOT combo on females...Anyone experience anything like this? If so thoughts?

Wigy

There it is...
Viable? yes.. Not to be a CONSISTENT top 5-8 placer though. I'll be able squeeze a few top 8's in but right now he just has too many holes for the very best characters to abuse because his meta stops working right at a certain point.
Plenty of characters are in that situation. Just gotta do your best and suck it up or switch character. You've made nrs aware of issues, just stop now.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot

It's not fucking pointless. Do you see what happened with....Reptile, Kitana,KENSHI, Mileena, & Tanya?

Outcry and mass acknowledgement leads to changes in characters as according to NRS's patching habits. He's supporting himself and fellow subzero players by showing no amount of "leveling up" can change the fact that one of GM's main tools is inherently broken no matter what you do.

Also with that tournament argument, why would you listen to someone that places 29th consistently with subzero rather than top 4 consistently. No matter the theory-crafting and other mumbo jumbo, the top 4 placer just understands the game better. Why is this so hard to understand?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I liked the vid. Point well taken. There should not be any random variables like the opponents breathing affecting the outcome of the same thing being tested multiple times, from the same position from someone with good execution labing the same set up over and over, and randomly getting different results. Would frustrate me as well.