What's new

EVO ESPN2 numbers are in

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

This will open your eyes why G4 will never come back.
im not saying the studio and people who ran it were great, ive done a ton of research and i know they screwed over tech tv and a lot of people but the channel had so much potential and was amazing in its early years. if it came back it wouldnt even be ran by the same people it would just be someone using the title essentially and hopefully some of the early shows

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Americans call Football(FIFA ) Soccer and call their sport administered by the NFL football
Oh I gottcha. It's caled football but from the 2 minutes I've ever seen they didn't use their feet once :eek::confused:
I thought you mean tthat player wasn't good enough to be classed as a footballer, which I wouldn't really find funny given I had no idea who he was haha

This is a copy of my tweet not someone else's

IMO these numbers are super meh and lackluster

MK+Esl+CW+NRS+WB = way way better

But this IMO is not good overall especially for SF
I think you should probably consider that it was a LIVE event and that the vieweship was split amongst Twitch TV/ESPN2 and that ESPN2 is only available to people who subscribe to a cable provider whereas CW is free to anyone who owns an antenna.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Uh, what has this thread come to anyway?

Back on topic, like someone else said, these numbers might not include watch.espn viewers, but it might be worth mentioning that it was also broadcasted outside of the US. I'm not sure how many other countries had it on their ESPN, but I do know that ESPN Brazil was also broadcasting EVO live (with Brazilian Portuguese commentary), but I have no idea about its numbers or how well it did. But that's something we might want to consider.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
How old are you by chance and what planet ? Country?

Very curious
I'm 18 and from England.
From what I hear ESPN is an American sports channel.
I don't have an interest in sports, let alone American sports there is no reason what so ever for me to know this channel.
Even if you think I should be aware of American sports channel, cos for whatever reason you think everybody should be, you still could have just answered the question.

trufenix

bye felicia
So wait, we dish it out but we can't take it? I wish you guys were this discerning when throwing games / characters / players under the hate-o-scope.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm 18 and from England.
From what I hear ESPN is an American sports channel.
I don't have an interest in sports, let alone American sports there is no reason what so ever for me to know this channel.
Even if you think I should be aware of American sports channel, cos for whatever reason you think everybody should be, you still could have just answered the question.
Do you know what HBO is?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
After reading these comments, I'll have to be honest. It reminds me all these situations like yours here in Greece. Many stuff wanting to air themselves in TV, but the TV channels pay no effort to back them up. I'd suggest the tournies like EVO be aired from the respective companies (NRS, Capcom, etc), because the TV channels do NOT respect the gaming majority.

What do I mean about their disrespectcy?

Here in Greece, the ANT1 channel invited Christianna Thanou, a news editor of GameWorld, a Greek gaming news site (I wouldn't take this site seriously), to discuss about the matter with the gamers being influenced by the videogames and making them criminals. Christianna was trying to defend the gamers, because, like all of us, she knew that the videogames weren't to blame for their crimes, but the ANT1 TV compere stood steadily and said that it's how the majority of the humanity thinks.

And all of this is because of that Norsh dude, Breivik, who assaulted the whole arena there. That Breivik played Call of Duty.

Since then, The respect towards the gamers have been lowered to this rate.

I would think twice of going to air my own tourny there.

lol.
I know an English person not knowing American channel is very shocking.
If you like that wait till you here this...

I also don't know any Australian channels. Cos why the fuck would I? lol
To be fair here pretty much everyone from everywhere knows HBO it s in the the intro of games of throne

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I think the numbers would have been much better if it had only been on espn2 and had no twitch stream. People were already watching the stream and no reason to switch to espn
I doubt it. Most people that have cut the cord watch tv via shady sites. It would of been slighty better imo but people would of watched a stream and still the numbers would be around the same. Not to mention is these ratings count from nielsen ratings only?