What's new

Evo Championships 2024 in Las Vegas July 19th-21st - $30,00 Prize Pool

"The Evolution Championship Series (Evo for short) is the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world. During Evo's flagship event each year, players and fans gather to compete in open format tournaments that crowns World Champions.At Evo, you'll see established champions face off against unknown rivals. You'll find players who have only fought online building real-life friendships and rivalries. You'll find people new to fighting games discovering a culture turning them into life-long fans. Everything that makes fighting games special is at the heart of Evo, and it is all in one place at Evo 2024!"

Mortal Kombat 1 at Evo this year has 645 entrants which is just okay if you ask me. With the start of the game and Pro Komp just coming to an end, there wasn't much at stake for folks to come out of pocket for Evo. It will likely be a two day event however so if you planning to watch I would set Friday and Saturday aside for MK specifically. We will see cause I found this "All 8 official tournament finals will be featured on Evo's main stage." Once the stream schedule is out I will add it in here on where and when to watch. Once pools are released I will add them here as well.

For those familiar with the event, this year is going to be quite different as it is the first year in a long time that it will not be at Mandalay Bay, and is now in the Las Vegas Convention Center. This means more of a walk and further distance from the strip and airport which could effect the attendee experience but we will see. More space and I heard crazier productions are in store.

Are you going? Will you be watching?

Last edited:

Comments

Unpopular opinion but SFV had much better post launch content and support than SF6...
Its much easier to have good post launch content when your game is bare bones. There was nothing for SF6 to add apart from costumes. SF5 on the other hand could pick from a bunch of different things to add because the game released with 10% of the content SF6 had.