What's new

Evidence Leading to the Possibility That NRS is Unlikely to Repatch MK9

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
james1926 that's fine and I do understand, that's not why I make the post. People like other games than just mk or injustice. Stop jumping down each others throats just for liking or not liking another game it's fucking annoying.

no but telling injustice players to leave you alone is douchey elitest talk.

this board is injustice / MK /and now fucking KI

dont like it go to like MKC or something pure MK.
Well, this is a MK related topic. Why on every MK topic I have to hear(read) about Injustice? The forums are seperated for each game and I only post on MK topics. Why can't Injustice fans do that as well? I don't go to Injustice topics and post hate messages for Injustice.

"dont like it go to like MKC or something pure MK" - Erm douchey elitest talk?

Look mate, not trying to be a dush or anything, some peaple gonna like Injustice, others MK, and this forum is for both games and now KI as well. But when I read posts like "patch is not happening just play Injustice" (just an example) then I have to respond. If you don't want MK to be patched, then why bother? Just leave us alone to care. It's so annoying.

how many times have you guys tried to get MK9 patched?

wasnt their a donation drive at one point?

MK9 is 2 years old. let it die on a good note.
who knows what broken shit couldcome from the next patch.

just play ...
injustice /marvel /sf/ WoW/GG/CoD/GoW/ etc.
to keep you held over till MK10.
bugging the devs and shit probly gets annoying to them when we cant take a hint.
remember they're people too they get annoyed when you bug them 10000000000 times over the same thing.
You forgot CS! :)

If I end up waiting on MK10, I hope the mechanics aren't drastically different from MK9, I like high chip damage, I like MK9's footsies. I like the block button it feels good on my fingers when I dash block, probably cuz I like to waveshield in ssbm. I like the breakers. Combos feel smooth.

I kind of want fatalities to mean something. Similar to how babies actually mean something. Maybe take a blazblue approach (astral finish).

But after all of this, I want them to just take MK9 and expand on it. Just keep adding depth to what they already have. this is obviously my opinion, but I want them to stick to this basic formula and just keep expanding on it. I don't care about everyone having 100% new normals every game. As long as they maybe a couple new strings for each character or something.

Maybe 1 new special or something.

Maybe expand on the block button, I think they can make the blocking more deep seeing as how while you're blocking your entire controller scheme is free for new things.

Sorry for posting my selfish opinions but this is what I want.

I'd like a MK9 patch, but if I'm waiting on MK10 I hope it's not 100% fresh experience, I kind of want to go into MK10 knowing it's the same game I loved with MK9. I didn't like Injustice(personally), so I'm afraid of MK10 being so "fresh" that it leans toward a style I don't like.

As for expansion on bloacking, I think it would be cool if you could negate chip damage by blocking the correct area of hit. An example of this is if you were to block a low by holding block button and tapping down as the low attack connects, then you take no chip damage. Also, this should not effect the attacker anymore than a block would. This is just something I thought of as I read your comment.

redeyes

Button Masher
Well, this is a MK related topic. Why on every MK topic I have to hear(read) about Injustice? The forums are seperated for each game and I only post on MK topics. Why can't Injustice fans do that as well? I don't go to Injustice topics and post hate messages for Injustice.

"dont like it go to like MKC or something pure MK" - Erm douchey elitest talk?

Look mate, not trying to be a dush or anything, some peaple gonna like Injustice, others MK, and this forum is for both games and now KI as well. But when I read posts like "patch is not happening just play Injustice" (just an example) then I have to respond. If you don't want MK to be patched, then why bother? Just leave us alone to care. It's so annoying.

sigh no hope for 2013ers -_-

and yeah that patch is highly unlikely if someone mentions injustice why do you have to step in? cause its an MK topic? son topics on this board derail so hard youll end up talking about sex in a MU chart.

and i dont care if MK patched or not. its old and run by 3-4 charcters that im tired of playing against.

you want it to be patched? then why are you in this forum saying there is evidence it wont be patched?

leave us alone while we shatter your dreams of a game being patched after almost 2 years since the last patch.

sigh no hope for 2013ers -_-

and yeah that patch is highly unlikely if someone mentions injustice why do you have to step in? cause its an MK topic? son topics on this board derail so hard youll end up talking about sex in a MU chart.

and i dont care if MK patched or not. its old and run by 3-4 charcters that im tired of playing against.

you want it to be patched? then why are you in this forum saying there is evidence it wont be patched?

leave us alone while we shatter your dreams of a game being patched after almost 2 years since the last patch.
Ok I see you are of that kind.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Man...

Some people are making this out to be an MK hate thread. Wtf? This "evidence" is more of a loose speculation that might mean the rumors might not be true but its not even close to 100%.

In the end if there is enough consumer demand theyd patch mk9, this thread serves the purpose that might hint that NRS thinks its possibly not there yet. Its no reason to tell people to piss off just because they still have hope.

IMO, it's just going to require thousands more people to be realistic.

webreg

Noob
Why not come out with one great game and continue to support it?
Thats one thing Capcom actually got right with SFIV.
Sure, NRS will patch the game if you buy it again for 40$. No problem.

It is rumored to cost about 40'000$ to re-certify a game if you release a patch. This is only the certification cost you pay to Microsoft. The work, in house testing and obviously the costs for PS3 and the PC game not included. I would estimate it would cost them at least 100'000$ to make a substantial patch for MK9 at this point with all expenses added up. Why the hell should they throw away money if they don't see any way to make it back? Yes, it is really that simple and the reason why Capcom combines their patches with a few new characters and sells it as a new boxed product or DLC. It's also the reason why NRS now bundles their updates with their DLC releases. No MK9 DLC = no patch. It's not that hard to understand.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Sure, NRS will patch the game if you buy it again for 40$. No problem.

It is rumored to cost about 40'000$ to re-certify a game if you release a patch. This is only the certification cost you pay to Microsoft. The work, in house testing and obviously the costs for PS3 and the PC game not included. I would estimate it would cost them at least 100'000$ to make a substantial patch for MK9 at this point with all expenses added up. Why the hell should they throw away money if they don't see any way to make it back? Yes, it is really that simple and the reason why Capcom combines their patches with a few new characters and sells it as a new boxed product or DLC. It's also the reason why NRS now bundles their updates with their DLC releases. No MK9 DLC = no patch. It's not that hard to understand.

It was just an analysis. Lets not be pricks here.

You don't really need to be a linguistics or body language expert to know Netherregion are done with MK9. All you need to know is the reputation of the developer.

The PC release is the last droplet of blood they were planning to wring out of this stone. MK10 is their next venture.