What's new

Evidence Leading to the Possibility That NRS is Unlikely to Repatch MK9

digi i can pull up shit from early this year of u shitting all over MK9 dont come back like ur the god of it.

Where were you when MK needed the real support from the community? oh thats right u were shit talking it to the ground calling it trash.

real talk that douche.
i don't give a fuck what you can "pull up" heh.

how many offline tournaments you been to? HOW MANY TOURNAMENT BRACKETS HAVE YOU RAN FOR THIS GAME? how much money have you not only dropped for this game, BUT ALSO FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY?

i need 2 or 3 sets of hands to answer both and THEN SOME for MK9. regardless of wtf I said.

i have done A TON for this game and community.

clearly you don't UNDERSTAND why i said the things I said about the game. THE GAME IS FUCKED UP AND NEEDS HELP...DUUUUH!!!

but believe what you want. you can do research for yourself.

redeyes

Button Masher

how many offline tournaments you been to? HOW MANY TOURNAMENT BRACKETS HAVE YOU RAN FOR THIS GAME? how much money have you not only dropped for this game, BUT ALSO FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY?

i need 2 or 3 sets of hands to answer both and THEN SOME for MK9. regardless of wtf I said.

clearly you don't UNDERSTAND why i said the things I said about the game. THE GAME IS FUCKED UP AND NEEDS HELP...DUUUUH!!!

lets see i went to 2 MK tournaments
3 injustice ones so far i plan to go to more
i donated in 2011 for reo 2012 for the UK guys
i host weeklys at my house for my friends to level up in & i also coach them to get better.
I bought season passes for both MK and injustice yet dont play DLC characters
ive spent another 40$ on costumes alone rofl
i waited outside for injustice to come out.
ive owned every MK to date.

the little guys do shit too asshole.

and you trashed this game hardcore, you even got banned from here for it. now u try to come back and like act godly and try and cram another patch / update down everyones throat?

do you not understand every patch has led to more broken shit every time MK got patched?

fix cyrax's reset Tony t will find another
Reo will still be dirty with kabal
d4 MS will still own

like the game is 2 years old its slowly dying even those who once supported it realize this and move on you cant live on a hope and dream and then bug the shit out of paulo , ed and hector they dont even give the 100% okay for the patch if im not mistaken so whats tagging and tweeting at them going to do? nothing but annoy them. maybe just maybe if it was still midway running MK but now with WB having a hold on it? yeah good luck like i said before they have more thing to worry about ( marvel movies , starwars movies , Injustice etc ,etc) like you want to keep playing it go fucking ahead but stop cramming it into peoples faces to support the patch and what not. remember this website is 100% MK anymore id say the MK community is the minority now over the injustice one.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
And Capcom doesn't?

yeah okay. like I said. they have the sources and man power, it's just are they going to do it or not.

and i'm also SICK of people like you telling folks to "just go play something else". fuck you! A LOT OF OTHER FUCKING FIGHTING GAMES ARE FUCKING TRASH...INCLUDING INJUSTICE!

why don't you...JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! and let the ones who want...no...DEMAND...for their MK9 to be patched/updated appropriately...be.

I'm done with this thread and threads like it. if you're NOT talking about the positive aspects of MK9 getting final patched/title updated...I don't even want to hear from you.

REAL TALK!

Wow..... just wow. Learn how to have a discussion.

This is exactly why I put this as the first words in the original post:

"(First of all, just know that this is just a discussion. This isn't being shoved down anyone's throat so don't get defensive and enter the thread with an attitude.)"
-__-
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Fixed this post for you.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
heres my thing tho, if capcom can make an updated re-release of sf4 why can't nrs do the same for mk9?

Because it's bad for business. It would make a handful of tournament players happy, but at the expensive of the their reputation with the casual crowd, their target demographic.

Releasing a new MK game with out a new story mode is probably the worst thing NRS could ever do for the MK brand.

MK10 is coming out in two years, why would they waste time they could be working on that, to make a product that would oversaturate their brand, and disappoint the vast majority of their fans?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Give it up already, if I was Hector or Paulo I'd be sick and tired of being bugged about this. A final MK9 patch is not going to happen... but at least NRS can see how passionate a lot of people are about the game and they can use that as fuel for making MK10.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
unfortunatelly, will not happen, not take place .... no profit on doing in a game that , for causal players (majority of customers that buy fighting games) is overshadowed up to now for IGAU ..... NRS will invest in IGAU while, on secret, starts developing MK10 in 2013 and 2014, for release in 2015 ..... :D

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Give it up already, if I was Hector or Paulo I'd be sick and tired of being bugged about this. A final MK9 patch is not going to happen... but at least NRS can see how passionate a lot of people are about the game and they can use that as fuel for making MK10.

Yea. definitely. By the conversation in the original post you could see too that because of the experience they have with the American FGC, the lessons from MK9, and the lessons from Injustice that MK10 will be the solid/hype/amazing game that casuals will eat up and the competitive NRS community could be proud of.

Injustice is doing an amazing job at opening the rest of the FGC's eyes toward NRS games and their players too. So by the time MK10 comes out and its a great game, it will definitely just be something truly awesome.

I could see years from now that Injustice and MK will be staples at EVO just like Street Fighter and MarvelvsCapcom; even if it may be Injustice3/MK12 and the predecessor games taking the backseat (much like the Call of Duty franchise as far as competitive play goes).

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
And Capcom doesn't?

yeah okay. like I said. they have the sources and man power, it's just are they going to do it or not.

and i'm also SICK of people like you telling folks to "just go play something else". fuck you! A LOT OF OTHER FUCKING FIGHTING GAMES ARE FUCKING TRASH...INCLUDING INJUSTICE!

why don't you...JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! and let the ones who want...no...DEMAND...for their MK9 to be patched/updated appropriately...be.

I'm done with this thread and threads like it. if you're NOT talking about the positive aspects of MK9 getting final patched/title updated...I don't even want to hear from you.

REAL TALK!
I don't understand this mentality. You want NRS to patch your favourite fighting game (MK9) and at the same time sit there and trash their current project (Injustice). Why do you think you are entitled to have a patch for MK9, it does not make any sense. I signed your petition and everything, because I would also like to see MK9 patched, but how do you know that NRS has the sources and manpower? This is complete speculation and you are talking about something noone here has any concept of as if you know what you are saying is an undeniable truth. I actually really enjoy MK9, but I think you have some weird rose-coloured glasses on. MK9 has just as many problems as Injustice does except that it has been out for three years now, whereas Injustice has been out for several months. I love you are willing to pass judgement on a game that is still in its early stages. In the meantime enjoy playing every Kabal and Kenshi player in the universe online forever while you wait for a patch that I also don't think will ever come.

AU_IM_DIGIMON
There is no need to be disrespectful and insulting towards redeyes or anyone, man.

redeyes
And there is no good reason to degenerate down to AU_IM_Digimon's level with the lack of courteous behavior. Please keep yourself calm.
Wow..... just wow. Learn how to have a discussion.
This is exactly why I put this as the first words in the original post:

"(First of all, just know that this is just a discussion. This isn't being shoved down anyone's throat so don't get defensive and enter the thread with an attitude.)"

Fixed this post for you.
Perhaps you should edit those first words, make them bold and yellow in color.

It'd be appreciated if you didn't try to taunt Digimon with that edited quotation.

If I end up waiting on MK10, I hope the mechanics aren't drastically different from MK9, I like high chip damage, I like MK9's footsies. I like the block button it feels good on my fingers when I dash block, probably cuz I like to waveshield in ssbm. I like the breakers. Combos feel smooth.

I kind of want fatalities to mean something. Similar to how babies actually mean something. Maybe take a blazblue approach (astral finish).

But after all of this, I want them to just take MK9 and expand on it. Just keep adding depth to what they already have. this is obviously my opinion, but I want them to stick to this basic formula and just keep expanding on it. I don't care about everyone having 100% new normals every game. As long as they maybe a couple new strings for each character or something.

Maybe 1 new special or something.

Maybe expand on the block button, I think they can make the blocking more deep seeing as how while you're blocking your entire controller scheme is free for new things.

Sorry for posting my selfish opinions but this is what I want.

I'd like a MK9 patch, but if I'm waiting on MK10 I hope it's not 100% fresh experience, I kind of want to go into MK10 knowing it's the same game I loved with MK9. I didn't like Injustice(personally), so I'm afraid of MK10 being so "fresh" that it leans toward a style I don't like.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
1000$ bucks there will not be any patch for MK9

it will be very stupid of them to do it from a business standpoint. Why would they divert attention from injustice and The dlc and spend more money just to patch an old game that likely nobody new is gonna buy..it just doesn't make sense
As stupid as capcom patching SF4 every yr and also making Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. After this past EVO NRS would be stupid IMO not to actually consider following capcoms Formula and patching games every yr. MK will only DIE IF NRS allows it to.

To all of you saying the NRS is not gonna patch the game because of the costs: Customer satisfaciton is an important non-financial aspect in decision making procces, which may arise in LONG-term profits. Which means if they patch the game they may not gain anything NOW, but it will increase their goodwill thus more selling later.

Now, I am not trying to be the smartass here, just trying to point out that this should not concern you. LET THEM worry about the costs and if its worth it. Just express your opinion on whether you want the patch or no.

And to Injustice fans: Please go play your game and leave us alone.

I'm not a NRS fan, I'm a MK fan.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
OMG this site is going to be nothing but MK fans vs DC fans for the rest of eternity. Why is it so hard to play multiple games? I'm playing SFIV (Casually atm but enough to be a competant player), IGAU, MK9 and I'm picking up Skullgirls and as soon as it hits Dive Kick and the new BB.

Other Joker, "WOW JOKER YOU HAVE A LOT ON YOUR PLATE!"

Joker, "That's right other Joker, that's because I like FIGHTING GAMES!"

Dipshits.

-__- @ this thread and negative comments towards the hope/possibility of MK9 getting final patched/title updated.

Instead of running your mouths about what isn't (or shouldn't be) happening, you SHOULD be shouting at NRS to give us what we want.

Where the fuck is the drive here? Are you really content of just taking the bones and worthless pieces of meat NRS throws at you?

Again, the DIFFERENCE between this community and the Capcom community is that Capcom reacts to what is community/fan diven (or demanded). Money is not the issue! Warner Brothers has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more money than probably both Capcom and Namco combined.

LBSH.

IMO this thread was OVER after Mr.Mileena 's first post. Keep your head up and hope alive man. -__-
And Capcom doesn't?

REAL TALK!

rofl

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
OMG this site is going to be nothing but MK fans vs DC fans for the rest of eternity. Why is it so hard to play multiple games? I'm playing SFIV (Casually atm but enough to be a competant player), IGAU, MK9 and I'm picking up Skullgirls and as soon as it hits Dive Kick and the new BB.

Dipshits.
I play any and almost all FGs just not as comepetetive in others, Though I am working on AE right now.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I play any and almost all FGs just not as comepetetive in others, Though I am working on AE right now.
I'm picking up AE for real after my state championship tourny for IGAU August 3rd. I've been playing AE casually for about 6-7 months now, but I plan to go in really hard after my tourny in order to understand the game more and level up. I want to take dive kick seriously as well. BB and Skullgirls are going to be casual games for me, but I enjoy playing them. I'm thinking of getting back into P4A too. I'll play anything so long as I find it fun or interesting.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm picking up AE for real after my state championship tourny for IGAU August 3rd. I've been playing AE casually for about 6-7 months now, but I plan to go in really hard after my tourny in order to understand the game more and level up. I want to take dive kick seriously as well. BB and Skullgirls are going to be casual games for me, but I enjoy playing them. I'm thinking of getting back into P4A too. I'll play anything so long as I find it fun or interesting.
Skullgirls is just a fun game in general and I hope iit trully grows over time. I just wanna learn AE since it seems it will be one constant game to compete in and I have always been a fan of SF just never ever took the time to learn and get better at it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Skullgirls is just a fun game in general and I hope iit trully grows over time. I just wanna learn AE since it seems it will be one constant game to compete in and I have always been a fan of SF just never ever took the time to learn and get better at it.
AE and Marvel are the two games that have thrived the most for the past few years. I could see IGAU lasting so long as things don't go too far south. AE has stuck it out for so long because it truly is a great game, and it looks like it's only going to get better with Ultra.

GGA Max

-__- @ this thread and negative comments towards the hope/possibility of MK9 getting final patched/title updated.

Instead of running your mouths about what isn't (or shouldn't be) happening, you SHOULD be shouting at NRS to give us what we want.

Where the fuck is the drive here? Are you really content of just taking the bones and worthless pieces of meat NRS throws at you?

Again, the DIFFERENCE between this community and the Capcom community is that Capcom reacts to what is community/fan diven (or demanded). Money is not the issue! Warner Brothers has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more money than probably both Capcom and Namco combined.

LBSH.

IMO this thread was OVER after Mr.Mileena 's first post. Keep your head up and hope alive man. -__-
Jackass.

Dipshits.
It's not like we want to hate other fighting games. Most of us tried them and we just don't like them. It's as simple as that, why is so difficult to understand it? Can you force anyone to like a game?

redeyes

Button Masher
It's not like we want to hate other fighting games. Most of us tried them and we just don't like them. It's as simple as that, why is so difficult to understand it? Can you force anyone to like a game?

no but telling injustice players to leave you alone is douchey elitest talk.

this board is injustice / MK /and now fucking KI

dont like it go to like MKC or something pure MK.