What's new

Everything wrong with Destiny

Justice

Noob
They all use guns and have melees. They're pretty the same, no difference at all
The guy in the video was right. They're only different when they have their Super.
I would respectfully disagree. Sure, it's an fps so therefore everyone needs guns and melee attacks but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Let's take a quick look at the two Warlock subjobs Sunseeker and Voidwalker. Now it is obvious that the Warlock is meant to be a DD (damage dealer) job with a bent more towards DoTs (damage over time) abilities than a straight ahead dpm (damage per minute) class like Hunter. But how they administer this damage is very different. Sunseekers have the surviveablility to get in your face and stay there (the melee attack grants a shield without a kill for example) where the Voidwalker is a "glass cannon". A Voidwalker wants to stay at max weapon range and blow the crap out of the entire map in one shot. Preferred weapon loadouts may blur the lines a little but the basic functionalities of the jobs are still very different when played correctly. It's like saying all the characters in a fighting game play the same because you press the same buttons for weak, medium and hard attacks :rolleyes:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I just completed the raid for the first time. Got nothing but Ascendant Energies.

Sign me up for the Destiny hate train
I see posts like this on the Bungie forums all the time. It's like getting a bundle of socks and underwear for Christmas when what you really wanted was a PS4.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I see posts like this on the Bungie forums all the time. It's like getting a bundle of socks and underwear for Christmas when what you really wanted was a PS4.
Pretty much. It basically killed any desire I had to continue playing the game. Back to fighting games for me

I would respectfully disagree. Sure, it's an fps so therefore everyone needs guns and melee attacks but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Let's take a quick look at the two Warlock subjobs Sunseeker and Voidwalker. Now it is obvious that the Warlock is meant to be a DD (damage dealer) job with a bent more towards DoTs (damage over time) abilities than a straight ahead dpm (damage per minute) class like Hunter. But how they administer this damage is very different. Sunseekers have the surviveablility to get in your face and stay there (the melee attack grants a shield without a kill for example) where the Voidwalker is a "glass cannon". A Voidwalker wants to stay at max weapon range and blow the crap out of the entire map in one shot. Preferred weapon loadouts may blur the lines a little but the basic functionalities of the jobs are still very different when played correctly. It's like saying all the characters in a fighting game play the same because you press the same buttons for weak, medium and hard attacks :rolleyes:
That was the joke...

E

Eldriken

The Cryptarch can kiss my fucking ass. Ever since this Engram patch, every single time I rank him up, I get nothing but blues at the Postmaster. I'm sure that's a change that Bungie decided to omit from the patch notes.

Crathen

Death is my business
The Cryptarch can kiss my fucking ass. Ever since this Engram patch, every single time I rank him up, I get nothing but blues at the Postmaster. I'm sure that's a change that Bungie decided to omit from the patch notes.
Lol that's what i've been thinking , im lvl 28 cryptard and in 3 levels i've only got 1 legendary glove that turned out to be 2 ascendant energy , wich is still nice since i have to upgrade some of my new exotics hehe

E

Eldriken

Lol that's what i've been thinking , im lvl 28 cryptard and in 3 levels i've only got 1 legendary glove that turned out to be 2 ascendant energy , wich is still nice since i have to upgrade some of my new exotics hehe
The last five levels have given me 2-3 blues. It's such a waste.

Crathen

Death is my business
The last five levels have given me 2-3 blues. It's such a waste.
Praised be the name of the RNGesus.

I don't mind it that much tho , you'll get lucky sooner or later and with the new DLC in december i don't see why rushing it out so bad.

But i know it's not for everyone and if ya don't like it then you don't , no need to force yourself playing something you don't enjoy.

E

Eldriken

Praised be the name of the RNGesus.

I don't mind it that much tho , you'll get lucky sooner or later and with the new DLC in december i don't see why rushing it out so bad.

But i know it's not for everyone and if ya don't like it then you don't , no need to force yourself playing something you don't enjoy.
I enjoy it, it just sucks that Destiny's RNG is so bad.

Crathen

Death is my business
I enjoy it, it just sucks that Destiny's RNG is so bad.
It could be better for sure , they should up the % of chances in the crucible based on your score , for pve i'd say up the % on tiger strikes to find legendaries engrams and weekly strike should give a guaranteed legendary.

Problem w this thing is that there aren't THAT many different legendary guns in the game so i think Bungie is artificially slowing down the process to keep you playing.

If there's something i absolutely agree on is that we need more content. Playing the Vault of Glass made me scream MOAR! and i'd love to see at least another 3 raids added in the next 2 dlc , the structure and strategy needed in the raid is exactly what i am expecting from Destiny and i hope they're gonna add that level of depth into strikes too ( kinda doubt it tho ) , all of this + a good bunch of different weapon/armor models , moar exotics and moar subclasses.

TLDR MOAR CONTENT

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It could be better for sure , they should up the % of chances in the crucible based on your score , for pve i'd say up the % on tiger strikes to find legendaries engrams and weekly strike should give a guaranteed legendary.

Problem w this thing is that there aren't THAT many different legendary guns in the game so i think Bungie is artificially slowing down the process to keep you playing.

If there's something i absolutely agree on is that we need more content. Playing the Vault of Glass made me scream MOAR! and i'd love to see at least another 3 raids added in the next 2 dlc , the structure and strategy needed in the raid is exactly what i am expecting from Destiny and i hope they're gonna add that level of depth into strikes too ( kinda doubt it tho ) , all of this + a good bunch of different weapon/armor models , moar exotics and moar subclasses.

TLDR MOAR CONTENT
If i have toshoot that archon priest 8bagillion more times..... i'm gonna scream

what day do the Vanguard/crucible marks reset?