What's new

Everything wrong with Destiny

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
and the stuff is dirt cheap

10 marks for a legendary.... take my marks please.
10 Marks? Wow I have 200 red marks banked because I bought PvE Armor. Hopefully the rep rank doesn't take forever like Queens Wrath. I'm kinda good on my lvl 27-28 gear though. I need Raid gear at this point and the only way to do that is to run the Raid. I guess a full Iron Banner set would look cool though.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
That moment when your legendary engrams decrypt into legendary items...........that aren't for your class or classes you've even created yet.

This has happened to me 4 times and the items are all for Titan class -_-;

E

Eldriken

An event focused on PvP...fuck me.

Why can't they do an event that focuses on BOTH of them at the SAME time?

There are people who absolutely despise doing PvP (I'm one of them) and thus will pass on the event for however long it takes. Blaaaah.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

There are people who absolutely despise doing PvP (I'm one of them) and thus will pass on the event for however long it takes. Blaaaah.
You're not missing much man from a content perspective, it's just another faction rep grind / armor set. The main appeal to the competitive scene is that your gear stats get factored in. It's not going to be much different though, it'll still be Shotgun / Bladedancers, Exotic Fusion Rifles, Vex Mythoclast, and Suros Regime all over the place.

E

Eldriken

You're not missing much man from a content perspective, it's just another faction rep grind / armor set. The main appeal to the competitive scene is that your gear stats get factored in. It's not going to be much different though, it'll still be Shotgun / Bladedancers, Exotic Fusion Rifles, Vex Mythoclast, and Suros Regime all over the place.
Oh, I've already started hearing the horror stories about the fucking Mythoclast and Suros. People are like, "I'm dead by the time I fire the second shot off from my weapon" and such like that.

I'm skipping this nonsense.

Justice

Noob
I

know it's not an event but the exotic bounties do :D then again, those are so rare that they feel like events ;)

E

Eldriken

I

know it's not an event but the exotic bounties do :D then again, those are so rare that they feel like events ;)
I've acquired all 3 Exotic bounties. I completed the Thorn one and I'm on the 25 K/D spread for one and completing 25 Strikes for the other. I'll do the PvP for those because it's done and over with when you complete that stage of the bounty. The PvP also has the level advantages disabled. This Iron Banner shit...yeah, no. The people who have the time/friends to have completed VoG several times and acquired the good gear from it will have the clear advantage.

I'm not wasting my time on the event. =P

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I've acquired all 3 Exotic bounties. I completed the Thorn one and I'm on the 25 K/D spread for one and completing 25 Strikes for the other. I'll do the PvP for those because it's done and over with when you complete that stage of the bounty. The PvP also has the level advantages disabled. This Iron Banner shit...yeah, no. The people who have the time/friends to have completed VoG several times and acquired the good gear from it will have the clear advantage.

There are more than 3 sir. Working on my 4th naow.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it from a gameplay perspective but again I enjoy PvP.

For all that's wrong with Destiny, I still love that the game exists. It introduced alot of people who mainly played Bungies previous games (Halo series) to a new type of game they may not have been interested in before.

It wasn't a coincidence that Gearbox dropped Borderlands 2 price to just a couple bucks online when Destiny released.
It was their way of saying "you know that game everyone is buying? Here's one with more classes, more skills, more subclasses, more loot, and a better story!"

I see alot of spillover happening, which will be great for the Borderlands series.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
For all that's wrong with Destiny, I still love that the game exists. It introduced alot of people who mainly played Bungies previous games (Halo series) to a new type of game they may not have been interested in before.

It wasn't a coincidence that Gearbox dropped Borderlands 2 price to just a couple bucks online when Destiny released.
It was their way of saying "you know that game everyone is buying? Here's one with more classes, more skills, more subclasses, more loot, and a better story!"

I see alot of spillover happening, which will be great for the Borderlands series.

Borderlands is a fun series but free-for-all loot drops is fucking stupid. If I see a purple or orange drop it should be my damn drop, not who gets there first. Hopefully they fix that in the pre-sequel because everything else is awesome.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Oh, I've already started hearing the horror stories about the fucking Mythoclast and Suros. People are like, "I'm dead by the time I fire the second shot off from my weapon" and such like that.

I'm skipping this nonsense.
i've NEVER been killed faster than letting me get a shot or two off.

That is just over exaggeration from people who just don't get how to move around.
the suros might be the easiest one to dodge.

It is the full rate of fire "the longer this weapon fires the more accurate it gets" AR's that just wreck shop.
I have a freaking GREEN one that i use in PvP because it kills people in an instant. From the distance that Pulse/Scout rifles should out class it.

gah i hate ARs.

mfkaoz

Banned
Borderlands is a fun series but free-for-all loot drops is fucking stupid. If I see a purple or orange drop it should be my damn drop, not who gets there first. Hopefully they fix that in the pre-sequel because everything else is awesome.
Maybe you shouldnt play with assholes lol. The free for all loot drops have never been a problem for me.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Maybe you shouldnt play with assholes lol. The free for all loot drops have never been a problem for me.
I like playing with randoms. I've met some cool people doing so. Relying on the kindness of strangers with free-for-all loot drops though has not worked out in the past. It got to the point in BL2 where if I wanted gear, I had to solo.

Yeah, I was looking for this but I don't think it's fixed.

But it won't discourage people from trying it if they liked Destiny. There may be loot ninjas, but what could possibly be a worse loot ninja than the cryptarch. Destiny basically programmed an NPC loot ninja INTO THE GAME, then just named him "Cryptarch".

And Borderlands 2 has trading :) So not only are loot ninja's not a problem if you are playing with friends, but trading makes it even easier for everyone to get the gear they want.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
i've NEVER been killed faster than letting me get a shot or two off.

That is just over exaggeration from people who just don't get how to move around.
the suros might be the easiest one to dodge.

It is the full rate of fire "the longer this weapon fires the more accurate it gets" AR's that just wreck shop.
I have a freaking GREEN one that i use in PvP because it kills people in an instant. From the distance that Pulse/Scout rifles should out class it.

gah i hate ARs.
I love AR's but agree they need Range nerfs. There's not a lot of primaries to pick from to be honest and the surprising lack of using Alien tech doesn't help matters.

I like playing with randoms. I've met some cool people doing so. Relying on the kindness of strangers with free-for-all loot drops though has not worked out in the past. It got to the point in BL2 where if I wanted gear, I had to solo.
Well, Destiny's idea of random players stealing loot from you is really not that far off:

the only difference is it's the game doing it, instead of the players...

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I can undetstand the 1st 2 but im 90% convinced that the suros is like THE WORST gun for pvp. Anything thst slows your rate of fire in pvp is just bad even with the impact. Shadow price and vanq completely outclass it and dont take up your invective spot imo.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I honestly think they have PvP gear rewards totally random as a social experiment because what it does do (aside from piss people the fuck off) is:

1. Reward anyone, regardless of skill level, for trying out PvP.

2. Attempt to eliminate bullshit tryhard multiplayer arguing over kill steals, KD reps, and all that dumb internet cock measuring.

3. Attempts to make the focus of the gameplay the most interesting thing about the experience. Not just a means to a reward.

I actually don't mind it to be honest. I do like to win obviously but that's reinforced with the +Marks/Rep for winning compared to losing.

Last edited:

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I honestly think they have PvP totally random as a social experiment because what it does do (aside from piss people the fuck off) is:

1. Reward anyone, regardless of skill level, for trying out PvP.

2. Attempt to eliminate bullshit tryhard multiplayer arguing over kill steals, KD reps, and all that dumb internet cock measuring.

3. Attempts to make the focus of the gameplay the most interesting thing about the experience. Not just a means to a reward.
Pvp to me is me praying im not stuck on first light for 30 minutes because everyone is trying to do sniper bounties. And trading melees with everything ever. I really hope they roll through with the fixes soon.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Pvp to me is me praying im not stuck on first light for 30 minutes because everyone is trying to do sniper bounties. And trading melees with everything ever. I really hope they roll through with the fixes soon.
lol

play control

problem solved.

Clash is a waste of time right now. Unlimited sprinting causes too much pain with all the clutter on the maps.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
lol

play control

problem solved.

Clash is a waste of time right now. Unlimited sprinting causes too much pain with all the clutter on the maps.
See I like Clash. I actually play all of the modes except for Rumble. Objective based modes are generally my preference too though. That's actually what disappoints me about PvP Destiny the most; the lack of creativity with new modes.

Last edited:
lol

play control

problem solved.

I like both control and clash but I prefer clash more now. It used to be the opposite before I learned all of the ins and outs of the maps. I feel like in clash I can control the match better and carry the team better than I can in control where if you don't have your teammates working together to cap points you just get wrecked. In clash if I have a crappy team I can use my teammates as fodder and kill my opponents that way.