What's new

EVERYONE play as Liu Kang!

Whos downplaying kang? I don't think anyone here was downplaying. Seems to me you consider it downplaying to say anything less than Liu is broke and needs nerfed to the ground. I remember you called me and kindred down players for stating liu is top 5 but he lacks range, good at everything mostly but not broke?
If so your definition of downplaying isn't the same as everyone else's.
Don't know if you know this but there is only 1 liu kang main in top 16 the other two used other characters and pocketed liu and looking under top 16 more than 30 liu Kangs got eliminated.
He lacks nothing. You are downplaying him, because you are praying to god every night he doesnt get nerfed. But im 100% sure they will nerf him to the ground once the patch comes out.
And nqh he is not top 5. He stand alone as the only Broken character in the game.
And this is the 2932372737 post from you trying to downplay him.
And there was 3 Liu Kang player in top 16.
Also the last 2 major was won by 2 different Liu Kang players. Add the Na West Cup, and here it goes 3 straight tournament wins for Liu Kang players.
Which speaks for itself.
And Ninjakilla didnt participate in 2 of this tournaments. And Rewind was send to losers from other Liu Kang player - Ninjakilla.
Try harder next time.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Make F4 11f startup (or even just 10f).
Fix hitbox issues that really should not still be present this far into the game's life.
Make is + on block punch string 0 on block.

Done. A gentle touch on 3 egregious things that will shave off a notable amount of power without doing anything drastic. He isn't some elder god tier MK9 Cyrax/Kabal levels of bullshit that everyone is crying like he is. If NRS decides to hit him with nerfs that are anything more than gentle, it'll likely result in his kneecaps being blown out with a shotgun and then we'll just repeat the cycle with a new character.

I pray NRS doesn't cave into all the pressure / whining that's being thrown around about The Champ. I'm gunna feel so bad for Liu players if NRS decides to drop him to release D'Vorah/Frost/Kotal tier. They've done a good job not neutering top characters so far so here's to hoping.

F4 needs to be 13+ frames. Take away his amplify on both low and high Fireball.
Pressure character doesnt need to have all the tools in the game and to be best in pressure and best in zoning. Take something away from his Flying Dragon Kick.
He also not need KBs on throws.
His FB needs to be balanced as well.
And give him something, so he is proper balanced.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
He lacks nothing. You are downplaying him, because you are praying to god every night he doesnt get nerfed. But im 100% sure they will nerf him to the ground once the patch comes out.
And nqh he is not top 5. He stand alone as the only Broken character in the game.
And this is the 2932372737 post from you trying to downplay him.
And there was 3 Liu Kang player in top 16.
Also the last 2 major was won by 2 different Liu Kang players. Add the Na West Cup, and here it goes 3 straight tournament wins for Liu Kang players.
Which speaks for itself.
And Ninjakilla didnt participate in 2 of this tournaments. And Rewind was send to losers from other Liu Kang player - Ninjakilla.
Try harder next time.
I'm downplaying saying he is S tier? You are delusional and quite possibly challenged. I pointed all it out in my last post. There was 3 liu Kangs, 3 geras's and 3 Sonyas in top 16. But 2 if those Kangs where pockets. They didn't use kang to ride to the top. It was pure skill that got them there placements. This was the hypest top 16 in the pro Kompetition so far and there is wide character diversity having 13 different characters in top 16. It doesn't get any more diverse than that.
Liu isn't broken by any means, the way you think is broken, you have shown that daily. Every high level player knows the MU and how to handle him and that's very apparent today.

Never thought I'd be called a down player by saying a character is S tier! Well check that off the list.

You are downplaying him with every post.
And why he is Broken ? He have the best move in the game. He is the best pressure character. The best in stealing turn after turn. Best for comebacks. He have sick landing on will High DMG KBs, and One if not the best FB in the game.
Best zoning in the game. Best anti-air in the game.
Yeah when you win rounds, where you are totally outplayed, then you are broken.
And yeah Rewind use Kang to ride to the top, because before that he wasnt there - FACT.
Also its a fact that the last 3 big tournament is won by Liu Kang and with 2 different players, which said a lot.
And yeah you are downplaying him, because he is a tier of its own.
And you are constantly saying he is top 5, trying to downplaying him, where is Number 1 by far.
Every post is more obvious and obvious.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Am I the only one that thinks MKX Liu was a bigger threat than MK11 Liu? B12 stuffed almost every armored move in the game and it was fast as fuck. Dragon fire cancels into amazing chip pressure. EX flame hands that set up weird gaps and mind games for more safe pressure.

What does he have in MK11? A low fireball and a good stagger string? I generally hate to say it, but I think you guys are just gonna have to get good on this one, or maybe learn to code.

Am I the only one that thinks MKX Liu was a bigger threat than MK11 Liu? B12 stuffed almost every armored move in the game and it was fast as fuck. Dragon fire cancels into amazing chip pressure. EX flame hands that set up weird gaps and mind games for more safe pressure.

What does he have in MK11? A low fireball and a good stagger string? I generally hate to say it, but I think you guys are just gonna have to get good on this one, or maybe learn to code.
A good MKX Liu Kang that goes unga unga on the opponent was one of my worst nightmares.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
F4 needs to be 13+ frames. Take away his amplify on both low and high Fireball.
Pressure character doesnt need to have all the tools in the game and to be best in pressure and best in zoning. Take something away from his Flying Dragon Kick.
He also not need KBs on throws.
His FB needs to be balanced as well.
And give him something, so he is proper balanced.
In what universe is Liu "best in zoning" when Cetrion, Zoneya, Cassie, Kabal, Shang, and Skarlet exist? I'd even argue ED Jade is a better zoner. You're gunna have to explain that one to me cause I just do not see it. Fireball is great due to its speed, but it's a typical high projectile with typical follow-up projectiles on enhancement. It also does typical damage. Low fireball is a pretty slow ass startup + recovery, and is honestly more important as a pressure tool than an actual zoning tool because it leaves Liu so vulnerable on whiff. Air fireball is a nice option but not anything egregious as it's a straight projectile with a relatively small hitbox so air->ground zoning with it isn't very efficient.

LawAbidingCitizen

Make F4 11f startup (or even just 10f).
Fix hitbox issues that really should not still be present this far into the game's life.
Make is + on block punch string 0 on block.

Done. A gentle touch on 3 egregious things that will shave off a notable amount of power without doing anything drastic. He isn't some elder god tier MK9 Cyrax/Kabal levels of bullshit that everyone is crying like he is. If NRS decides to hit him with nerfs that are anything more than gentle, it'll likely result in his kneecaps being blown out with a shotgun and then we'll just repeat the cycle with a new character.

I pray NRS doesn't cave into all the pressure / whining that's being thrown around about The Champ. I'm gunna feel so bad for Liu players if NRS decides to drop him to release D'Vorah/Frost/Kotal tier. They've done a good job not neutering top characters so far so here's to hoping.
I say just make his F4 -10 on block keep F43 -7 and turn F4 from 9f to 10/11 frame startup.

I don't think the +3 on 12 is broke, they are both highs and has to press follow up within 3f to jail into a poke and 1f to jail into F4/B1 if it was changed to 11f F4 there would be a 1f gap for 7f starters To interrupt even if kang did it in a just frame.

Just making F4 unsafe and slower will force LK's to use all of his tools instead of always relying on F4 mix and reduce layers from it as well.

The most needed Nerf to kang imo is not the F4 its his hurtbox after throw/fireballs making him nearly invulnerable because he leans back. So when you make the read and go to D2 him after throwing some character wiff and get punished for punishing. But I have no issue with F4 being nerfed to 11f but I wouldn't like 12 getting a Nerf. I use WSL as of two weeks ago after the buffs and that would hurt that variation in many ways. I use F4 but not as often as 12/B1/F3/B3 & 212.

Everyone should pick up WSL because after the Nerf to F3333 and buffs to Wu Shi he gets great damage off every string with fire buff and there are great setups for it notibly B124(canceled on 2) is safe ish on block -9 and other reliable safe options on knockdown.
I also think all of his corner combos not working on females sucks and hope they fix hitboxes across the board. Almost every character has hitbix issues that I know of.

Not at all. At least in MKX everybody had options except maybe Ferra Tor

LawAbidingCitizen

Completely agree, MKX Liu was broke AF, MK11 liu not so much just very strong in this meta and has safe options for everything but footsie.

To show what is actually broke is NinjaKilla using MKX kang:

In what universe is Liu "best in zoning" when Cetrion, Zoneya, Cassie, Kabal, Shang, and Skarlet exist? I'd even argue ED Jade is a better zoner. You're gunna have to explain that one to me cause I just do not see it. Fireball is great due to its speed, but it's a typical high projectile with typical follow-up projectiles on enhancement. It also does typical damage. Low fireball is a pretty slow ass startup + recovery, and is honestly more important as a pressure tool than an actual zoning tool because it leaves Liu so vulnerable on whiff. Air fireball is a nice option but not anything egregious as it's a straight projectile with a relatively small hitbox so air->ground zoning with it isn't very efficient.
I always said for a mixed character. Because Cetrion, Shang and Skarlet are pure zoners.
As far as Sonya, Cassie, and Kabal, go watch some ninjakilla reps i even put video of him and Scar, and how Liu outzone Sonya with easy.
What is most importantly is his mixup and that he can amplify this move.
He can also use them in combos.
After every string, due to the pushback you can simply walk back and low fireball. The opponent cant escape the chip, because he dont know if you will go for amplify or not.
No other character can throw at you low and high Fireball.
And why Liu has better zoning than Cassie? Cassie "low" shot is actually mid, not a low, so you can stand block it, while Liu is a true low, and he can amplify it.
And Cassie cant use her "low" shot against Kang, because of his Flying Dragon Kick reversal. If you use it, you will get punish every single time.
When you add that tool into the mixup, he is becoming the deadliest zoner in the game.
As far as Shang go, go watch the match between the ninja and Foxy and see the life, when both decide to zone.
Ninjakilla outzone him.
Even Dragon escape playing zoning against Liu Kang.

And there is zero chance to punish his Low Fireball, unless its in combo.

As far as MKXL, Liu became broke asf after NRS trying to balance thing again. He is Broke asf in here too.

dont know why people complain so much about liu, he doesnt need nerfs. by the way, I don' t play him, dropped him cause i feel to annoying to play. also, he is one of the characters that I most like to face.

The biggest issue with him to me is that he's fairly braindead. You don't have to use a lot of strings to be good. If you have fairly solid fundamentals, you're going to win a lot of games with him using just the basics, for the reasons already mentioned--good KBs, good zoning, great pressure, etc. Not to mention that the flying kick can punish a TON of moves due to its speed and range. I don't want to post spoilers from Dreamhack, but it's already over if anyone wants to check on those results.