What's new

Match Footage - Hish-Qu-Ten ESL SEASON 3 WEEK 5 - Destroyer Vs. cR Honeybee

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
4-plasmacancel is great, not only in the corner. This is also because it helps making use of preds 122-string that begins with a high.

Actually 122 is his best pressure string. Ending with an overhead, neutral on block. 12-ex lowplasma, 12-ex scimitar and 12-pcc are a 3-way-guess.

I think that the best combos after 12-ex plasma is: run, 3-lowplasma (mid), b22-scimitar. The best combo after 122-ex scimiar should be: njp, 4-scimitar.

F212 works similar, but it offers no real plasmacancels. However it offers a kinda safe 50/50. This might be his best string after having thrown a disc out. It is important to delay it long enough, but have it hit while the disc is still causing F2 to jail.
Best combo after 1,2,2 would be 1,2,2 xx EX Schimitar stab, JIK xx disc, 4 xx Schimitar stab, 2% extra plus lil extra meter build

Alien is my bane lol. I cant deal with that character. Keep it up man, your pred got me wanting to pic him up, godlike! Lets see how we do this weekend!
Its not that hes your bane, the character is just unfair bro. He's too safe and idk why they letting it be playable in tournaments. Its like KOBUJUTSU all over again lol.

Tweedy

Noob
Its not that hes your bane, the character is just unfair bro. He's too safe and idk why they letting it be playable in tournaments. Its like KOBUJUTSU all over again lol.
Please tell me what is safe outside of regular flip that does 7% and is unsafe vs some characters.

Please.

Probably one of the most unsafe characters in the game, but he's so safe omg! CEO Tanya Kabal boys.

Please tell me what is safe outside of regular flip that does 7% and is unsafe vs some characters.

Please.

Probably one of the most unsafe characters in the game, but he's so safe omg! CEO Tanya Kabal boys.
play dragons* tarkatan you numbskull.

Tweedy

Noob
play tarkatan you numbskull.
Dude, literally nothing that will get you anything is safe outside of his 7% flip.

You can call me whatever you want. You made a ridiculous, uneducated claim.

"you numbskull", you literally don't know what you're talking about, yet you're saying that the character shouldn't be playable.

Most unsafe = too safe

EX flip = -17
normal and EX pounce = -17
normal and EX snag = -17
normal and EX krawl = --17

All of his rekkas are horrendously unsafe unless you leave gaps, that can be backdashed or armored. Any character with a 15 frame armored move or less can option select them.

Chop chop and EX chop chop = -15 and -11
spin and EX spin = -13 and -20

I named even irrelevant specials, just to stress how unsafe he really is. Nothing is safe besides normal flip. Lets go to strings. Look at how horrid his frames are. Sure some parts are safe, but other characters are not this minus, at all.

First hit of 214 is plus and is a high, 2nd hit is -6 and 3rd is -14. First hit of F134 is -4, 2nd is -7 and third is -10. Nothing else besides B113 that is -11 isn't even worth mentioning. You're not going to get anywhere by staggering F23, the only possible stagger that he has, outside of a standing 1 or 2, which literally ANY CHARACTER can do.

Last edited:
Dude, literally nothing that will get you anything is safe outside of his 7% flip.

"you numbskull", you literally don't know what you're talking about, yet you're saying that the character shouldn't be playable.

Most unsafe = too safe
Once you start tarkatan rush backfoward 2, you can make yourself safe 24/7 if your opponent thinks you gonna try and armor gaps he can just stop the string and bait you and continue tarkatan rush NUMB SKULL
You play tarkatan? and youre loseing? delete the game from your hardrive please.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT the character also removes the word FOOTSIES
he can start his tanya 2.0 pressure from anywhere on the screen. Seriously?
Tarkatan is always safe, another braindead tanya kobu clone. Fuck off dude.

Tweedy

Noob
Once you start tarkatan rush backfoward 2, you can make yourself safe 24/7 if your opponent thinks you gonna try and armor gaps he can just stop the string and bait you and continue tarkatan rush NUMB SKULL
You play tarkatan? and youre loseing? delete the game from your hardrive please.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT the character also removes the word FOOTSIES
he can start his tanya 2.0 pressure from anywhere on the screen. Seriously?
Tarkatan is always safe, another braindead tanya kobu clone. Fuck off dude.
Sure, I can definitely bait his armor when i'm -15.

But i'm the numb skull that should delete my game. Lmfao, did your armor get baited when he was -15?

You can't argue against fact. Tarkatan is almost completely unsafe, outside of his regular flip.

Most unsafe = too safe

EX flip = -17
normal and EX pounce = -17
normal and EX snag = -17
normal and EX krawl = --17

All of his rekkas are horrendously unsafe unless you leave gaps, that can be backdashed or armored. Any character with a 15 frame armored move or less can option select them.

Chop chop and EX chop chop = -15 and -11
spin and EX spin = -13 and -20

I named even irrelevant specials, just to stress how unsafe he really is. Nothing is safe besides normal flip. Lets go to strings. Look at how horrid his frames are. Sure some parts are safe, but other characters are not this minus, at all.

First hit of 214 is plus and is a high, 2nd hit is -6 and 3rd is -14. First his of F134 is -4, 2nd is -7 and third is -10. Nothing else besides B113 that is -11 isn't even worth mentioning. You're not going to get anywhere by staggering F23, the only possible stagger that he has, outside of a standing 1 or 2, which literally ANY CHARACTER can do.
You just mad you cant win with that broken ass creature.

Tweedy

Noob
You just mad you cant win with that broken ass creature.
So I provide fact and you criticize me because I can't win.

Whether I win or not, what does that have to do with anything? I haven't even played in a tournament as Alien, I just play people who hit me up looking for XP.

But either way I've provided his frame data. The character is not safe. You were wrong, you're the one who should be deleting your game lol.

Edit: You can't even read combo notations. You probably don't even know what Alien's frame data is. Good thing you beat Honeybee because he ran into NJPs, because that's the only credibility that you have in this discussion, that doesn't really matter anyways, because you're clearly wrong.

So I provide fact and you criticize me because I can't win.

Whether I win or not, what does that have to do with anything? I haven't even played in a tournament as Alien, I just play people who hit me up looking for XP.

But either way I've provided his frame data. The character is not safe. You were wrong, you're the one who should be deleting your game lol.
Alien too safe and broken, Rekkas shouldnt be apart of MK
Tarkatan does not let you play the game.

Tweedy

Noob
Alien too safe and broken, Rekkas shouldnt be apart of MK
Why not? Rekkas do not automatically coincide with game-breaking. Rekkas can be balanced. You can literally easy mode option select Alien's rekkas with a 15 frame or faster armored move. If you get baited, then I mean, I don't know what to tell you. He's -15. If you just hit him you get a full combo. If you block him and wait for his 20+ frame overhead or low, to backdash, then what does he get? I mean those always have gaps, and he can't frame trap you off of the throw.

This mindless upplaying has got to stop.

Why not? Rekkas do not automatically coincide with game-breaking. Rekkas can be balanced. You can literally easy mode option select Alien's rekkas with a 15 frame or faster armored move. If you get baited, then I mean, I don't know what to tell you. He's -15. If you just hit him you get a full combo. If you block him and wait for his 20+ frames overhead or low, to backdash, then what does he get? I mean those always have gaps, and he can't frame trap you off of the throw.

Alien tarkatan is tanya 2.0 safest character in the game. hands down.

Why not? Rekkas do not automatically coincide with game-breaking. Rekkas can be balanced. You can literally easy mode option select Alien's rekkas with a 15 frame or faster armored move. If you get baited, then I mean, I don't know what to tell you. He's -15. If you just hit him you get a full combo. If you block him and wait for his 20+ frame overhead or low, to backdash, then what does he get? I mean those always have gaps, and he can't frame trap you off of the throw.

Lmfao And what do you know, tanya KOBU hahaha stfu dude.
To end this argument, All variations of alien= broken AF

And you must feel hella stupid which is why you deleted your last post LMFAO
Tarkatan Clown!

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne

Please.

Well if spaced properly you can make his OH and low safe to pretty much anything in the game except maybe a slide which is pretty ridiculous considering his low reaches 75% of full screen. He has several strings with lows after the first or second hit which offer easy and safe mixups with his normal overhead flip (f124, 123, b34, b113) and that can add up pretty fast, especially in acidic. lot of stuff that he does that is punishable is a pretty tight punish if you're not ready for it. What bugs me though is that he has no gaps except in tarkatan so its hard to find a pattern with so many options. He's definitely not the most unsafe character that's for sure. If you use someone like Lao or Cassie great, he's not as safe anymore, but 2 bad MU's don't make him one of the most unsafe.

Last edited:
hell yea bro, when we both on lets run some!
I been trying to tell ya I got the best pred!
Yes the set was amazing man! I cant use Kitana vs HQT you will destroy me, I like Pyro tanya for that matchup, somehow she gets away with alot in this particular match.