What's new

Match Footage - Hish-Qu-Ten ESL SEASON 3 WEEK 5 - Destroyer Vs. cR Honeybee

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

ESL season 3 week 5 was one hell of a journey with the predator!
Epic Sets as usual.
Be sure to subscribe and check out my other ESL fights. I got alot of skulls in my trophy room!
Super solid play

Hey explain to me why predator players end combos now w big leg?

Very cool match to watch! I'd like to train w you

Super solid play

Hey explain to me why predator players end combos now w big leg?

Very cool match to watch! I'd like to train w you
I don't user predator but I seen it. Allowed him to set up that like air track gun or whatever, hit everytime allowing him the mixup since that backed him up the big boot was hard knockdown.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Man, Predator is such a fun character to watch and yours is very cool, I love your playstyle. It infuriates me how DVorah can just run straight through the zoning like at 3:45 in that video.

Very nice Predator. The one thing I'd watch is the double pokes, you completely lost your advantage a couple of times there, and it's not like you have an overhead that you are conditioning for or anything. This would seem to be a pretty difficult MU for Predator though and you played extremely well.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Man, Predator is such a fun character to watch and yours is very cool, I love your playstyle. It infuriates me how DVorah can just run straight through the zoning like at 3:45 in that video.

Very nice Predator. The one thing I'd watch is the double pokes, you completely lost your advantage a couple of times there, and it's not like you have an overhead that you are conditioning for or anything. This would seem to be a pretty difficult MU for Predator though and you played extremely well.
He double pokes because the opp is expectingthe follow up laser so he wants to throw his opponent off and make him try to counter poke the next time and open him up

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Also is ending combos w 32 disc applicable still?
You can get just as much damage off most combos with the big leg for the ender instead of the 3,2 with enough time to set up the disc after the knockdown and it also puts them a bit further away than something like 3,2. The higher up you hit them the further they go with the big leg. Big leg also puts them at a good distance to start the pew pewing. Ending with 3,2 disc is good for if you wanna bait the armour and go for the armour break with either a d1,d3, or low laser after throwing the disc but you can accomplish the same thing with b311 and get slightly more damage

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
What are his best pressure strings into cancels ?
I like:

b31 PCC b31/21(2)
f12 PCC f12/b31/21(2)
32 PCC b31/21(2)
and
12 PCC b31/32/21(2)

Also 21 PCC 21/b31 is also decent, but 21 is already 0 on block without the cancel and +2 with the cancel so I usually just stagger 2,1 into 2,1,2 personally and save the stamina . B22 PCC 21(2)/d4 xx low laser/disc is alright too at range. I try to avoid using 3,2 after most cancels cause you can get poked out of it so easily but it's alright to use here and there.

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Honestly the used combos seem far from optimal.

I end in f4, because a slightly delayed disc cant be dodged by holding down after the knockdown. Then again comboing into NJP, jik-disc, 4-low plasma (mid) guarantees a disc as well and usually brings some extra damage.

I use f4 when I want to rushdown and 4-lowplasma to prepare myself for zoning.

Against Dvorah it is a difficult call. Yet I prefer spamming lowplasma. Besides instant air discs work pretty well against her.