What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black stealth nerf.

Beck__

Old English Fighter
I was having trouble with this as my method was to hold up after the launch, but actually seems this causes the jump to come out slower for some reason. If you time it so you hit jump when recovered its a lot more consistent.

Beach

La mejor playa
To be completely honest, atleast for offline as PSN is down, B32u1 into NJP still doesn't seem all that difficult. It took my like 4 attempts before I got it down.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Ok. I thought i was jusy tired last night.... i couldn't get this shit to hit for nothing and i was doing it the night before. That suck. I hoped it was jfp that got the shaft. Not njp.

Why? I knew I wasn't the only one. I have to say that I was already disappointed at how poorly this game played online but now I can't even take it seriously. I got into an argument with someone on an online forum. This person claimed that NRS was not capable of making a fighting game equivalent to SF, Marvel vs Capcom or Tekken. I backed NRS and said MK 9 after some tweaks was pretty good. I don't feel that way anymore and I have to say that I'm not even motivated to play this game anymore. I'm definitely salty right now.
Indeed, NRS will never be a Capcom, Team Ninja, SNK, Autumn, etc. Following release reports of bad online, Capcom immediately threw USF (for PC) into an open beta phase and ironed out the bs. Now the game is up to KOF quality which is only below Skullgirls and KillerInstinct. WB:Interactive (NRS) do not care about the overall quality, they care about overall figures since they have plenty of titles to fall back on and if NRS goes broke from their behavior then oh well. (NRS is just one studio working for WB:I).

MKX is fun and SF/SG/KOF/KI are professional. MKX can be a good local/IRL tournament title, dont get me wrong, but it will never have the online-quality that competent developers give their products. The game is fun in its own right, its just B-rate in the online-department (KI and USF are examples of A-rate 2.5D). Capcom will hurt severely if they ruin Street Fighter, given all their recent IP losses. If NRS goes out then WB:I will just put out more Arkham-Spam ads to replace them.

Shame, but oh well SF5 is on the way B). MKX can be my fun offline game, SF5 will be the real shit.

DZA

Orlando, FL
Indeed, NRS will never be a Capcom, Team Ninja, SNK, Autumn, etc. Following release reports of bad online, Capcom immediately threw USF (for PC) into an open beta phase and ironed out the bs. Now the game is up to KOF quality which is only below Skullgirls and KillerInstinct. WB:Interactive (NRS) do not care about the overall quality, they care about overall figures since they have plenty of titles to fall back on and if NRS goes broke from their behavior then oh well. (NRS is just one studio working for WB:I).

MKX is fun and SF/SG/KOF/KI are professional. MKX can be a good local/IRL tournament title, dont get me wrong, but it will never have the online-quality that competent developers give their products. The game is fun in its own right, its just B-rate in the online-department (KI and USF are examples of A-rate 2.5D). Capcom will hurt severely if they ruin Street Fighter, given all their recent IP losses. If NRS goes out then WB:I will just put out more Arkham-Spam ads to replace them.

Shame, but oh well SF5 is on the way B). MKX can be my fun offline game, SF5 will be the real shit.
Cool opinion, wrong thread.

I'll have to wait a few more days for the PC version of this patch to be released!

HitBox CToss

ESPURTS
That no longer can do instant air normals seems kinda bollocks to me, quan chi and raiden can still do IA njp, unless this patch only applied to erron

EDIT: Sorry random segway

This is going to affect a lot of characters. With Kotal his F+2, NJP was already pretty tight, now I won't even bother trying it.
Getting a NJP after F2 was only for swag combos anyway :DOGE

Seriously, the NJP scales everything so you end up doing the same damage as you would without it. Maybe even one or two percent less.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Honestly i never thought anyone should be safe on 50/50s. Ive always seen mixups as high reward high risk. Or medium risk to say.
Looks like he's also punishable on f122 and b32u1 as well, so the really safe 50/50 is kind of hurt.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Getting a NJP after F2 was only for swag combos anyway :DOGE

Seriously, the NJP scales everything so you end up doing the same damage as you would without it. Maybe even one or two percent less.
I've been using F+2, JIP1, F+2 into whatever lately. I find it's way more consistent than trying to do multiple F+2's in a row....especially online.

Maaan I cant hit his combos with outlaw anymore online ;/ this sucks
i hope they fix this, it has gotten to the point i dont even want to play erron black now as the tight timing is hard for me online...

they claim it was for all characters but i can still instant njp with majority of the cast, if you guys want to nerf someone focus on kung jin or something...

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
i hope they fix this, it has gotten to the point i dont even want to play erron black now as the tight timing is hard for me online...

they claim it was for all characters but i can still instant njp with majority of the cast, if you guys want to nerf someone focus on kung jin or something...
Do a Jump-in punch in its place. That's what I've been doing.

Personally I just stopped using the njp in my b32u1 string. Sometimes off instict I'll still go that route, but substitute njp for 21122 or 2112xxdbf2 if the latency is tolerable.

I've always been (and still am) a sub-par Erron Black player, but the njp nerf has lead me to learning a few new tricks with Erron, like 211xxdb4 (outlaw) or f2xxdbf2. Been also working on combos utilizing f12xxbf3(meter-burn) as an opener.

I also heard that Quan Chi and Raiden were unaffected by the njp nerf. Would love a fix to this, i mean I can't fathom for thr life of me why insta-njp was so bad.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Personally I just stopped using the njp in my b32u1 string. Sometimes off instict I'll still go that route, but substitute njp for 21122 or 2112xxdbf2 if the latency is tolerable.

I've always been (and still am) a sub-par Erron Black player, but the njp nerf has lead me to learning a few new tricks with Erron, like 211xxdb4 (outlaw) or f2xxdbf2. Been also working on combos utilizing f12xxbf3(meter-burn) as an opener.
I still can continue with the njp after b32u1 but only offline tho, if you know some ways to continue the combo tell me, i still didn't hit the training with Erron yet

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...

Boo fucking hoo. Erron has braindead execution compared to 3/4 of the cast. If you're contemplating quitting over this then go right ahead

Boo fucking hoo. Erron has braindead execution compared to 3/4 of the cast. If you're contemplating quitting over this then go right ahead
yea nice try at trolling, but i never said i was quiting, i just said i dont feel like playing erron black(who isnt even my main) because his now really tight timing can be very unforgiving online.

but that is fine with me i will just use 1 of the other 3/4 of the cast who has way easier timings for kombos when i feel like using someone other then my main...

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I started to get down his njp online after b32u1 but its not consistent ,,, I would not care for this but his dmg is low even with njp and without even lower . And with one bar you can get around 30-33% midscreen , not worth it imo .

Easiest online combo if lag is very bad is b32u1 f1 2 dbf2 for 26 %

Wigy

There it is...
yea nice try at trolling, but i never said i was quiting, i just said i dont feel like playing erron black(who isnt even my main) because his now really tight timing can be very unforgiving online.

but that is fine with me i will just use 1 of the other 3/4 of the cast who has way easier timings for kombos when i feel like using someone other then my main...
Yeah i thought you were the same person to post another comment on here, which was what the confusion over the quitting comment.

Still, erron has easier execution than most characters so stop whining over 1% in a combo

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
I haven't had success with jip in place of NJ. Mostly cause I went with Kung Lao cause he's king dick. I can land it more consistently off of ex sand grenade. I just hated it cause it made my bnbs more simplistic, considering the majority of my play is done online, as if the midscree timing wasnt tight enough on the f24 and 21122, you have to account latency in too, which has just deterred me from using him online. I can't EVER get the timing right, and hate that I have to burn a bar of meter to hit it consistently. Ultimately lead to me putting him down for the moment.

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Erron Black 32% meterless and everyone shits, Raiden meter less 32% nobody bats an eye.