What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black stealth nerf.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I am pretty sure it is not my imagination - it appears that his b3 2 u1 string has more recovery frames than it did before the patch. It is incredibly difficult now to land a neutral jump punch after the b3 2 u1 string in his outlaw variation bnb. This combo used to be a breeze for me but now I can rarely land the neutral jump punch.

fyi the combo I'm trying to do is starter > sand b3 2 u1 njp sprint b3 3 tarkatan stab

Edit - no erron black nerf, just a nerf to neutral jump punches, which effects erron black's bnb.

Last edited:

Slowpoke

Noob
Just tried in training mode, and yeah it feels a little tighter. Its definitely still possible to get it consistant, did it five times in a row now after delaying the jump just a little.

I have the same problem, this sucks a lot for EB users. It will be close to impossible to connect the NJP online if we are having trouble in practice mode.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
It can still be done, but it just requires more timing. I'm gonna stop doing it online though, due to the increased risk of dropping the combo.

Why? I knew I wasn't the only one. I have to say that I was already disappointed at how poorly this game played online but now I can't even take it seriously. I got into an argument with someone on an online forum. This person claimed that NRS was not capable of making a fighting game equivalent to SF, Marvel vs Capcom or Tekken. I backed NRS and said MK 9 after some tweaks was pretty good. I don't feel that way anymore and I have to say that I'm not even motivated to play this game anymore. I'm definitely salty right now.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
i was playing online and i was missing the NJ1 a lot and i thought that it was because of the lag. Why NRS WHY U Do DIS ?

Doctrine, do you need to use a bit of the run bar after the fjp?

If you skip the NJP and use a bit of the run bar you can go into F2,4 & 211 command grab and its 2% less.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Looks like he's also punishable on f122 and b32u1 as well, so the really safe 50/50 is kind of hurt.

KNX

Noob
You guys are really complaining that a universal change made his easy-mode combo a little harder to perform?

I'll just say that some characters got fucked in this patch, so we should really be grateful that Erron didn't receive any significant nerfs.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You can no longer do instant air normals, so the window to perform the njp feels tighter.
Nothing to do with it, I also have an NJP conversion with Scorp and it feels the same, they fucked with the recovery on Erron's B32u1 in general.

Matix218

Get over here!
Why? I knew I wasn't the only one. I have to say that I was already disappointed at how poorly this game played online but now I can't even take it seriously. I got into an argument with someone on an online forum. This person claimed that NRS was not capable of making a fighting game equivalent to SF, Marvel vs Capcom or Tekken. I backed NRS and said MK 9 after some tweaks was pretty good. I don't feel that way anymore and I have to say that I'm not even motivated to play this game anymore. I'm definitely salty right now.
Because they fixed a glitch with attacks instantly coming out after a jump (that was not supposed to happen) and it makes a few combos more difficult online you are that upset? Seems like over reaction to me. Dont worry erron black will still be good.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I land Jax's midscreen dash combo online all the time and now Erron Blacks are having trouble hitting their giant sword NJP?

Pussies.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
I land Jax's midscreen dash combo online all the time and now Erron Blacks are having trouble hitting their giant sword NJP?

Pussies.
Lol right. Jax midscreen combos or more tighter to hit online more than ANYTHING in the game and then you hear the complaints of this for one character but its a UNIVERSAL fix.

Because they fixed a glitch with attacks instantly coming out after a jump (that was not supposed to happen) and it makes a few combos more difficult online you are that upset? Seems like over reaction to me. Dont worry erron black will still be good.
If its ok with you I'll voice my opinion on the changes. Dudes kill me with the tough talk shit online. As I was saying before, I don't understand why EB's jumping 2 was nerfed when other characters deal way more damage and weren't touched.