What's new

Erron Black Render

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I figured we'd get a kk date today. Guess not?
Sad day, I like Wednesday Kombat Kasts.

Would be cool for me to have him presented during KK. Hope he will get his own trailer and not act like a punchbag for Jacqui, as Kano was for Cassie.
Kano cracked her skull, choked her and grabbed her by the cooch then slammed her on the ground. It was 50/50, but they showed her fatality at the end.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
When I first saw Erron Black before MKX released, he interested me more than any of the other new characters (aside from Kotal Kahn). When I finally tried him in game, he did nothing for me and I can't really explain why.

Having said that, his design looks really cool. I hope his play style is vastly different somehow.
Same when MKX comics showed him, i thought he was going to be super cool. Then when MKX came out I was like nah, he's kinda boring.

Anyway.

His design is 100 percent better than his garbage skins in X, which were some of the most underwhelming in the game. Can't imagine anyone thinking he looked better in X. A shirtless cowboy with no hat????

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Doesn't that list mostly speak about a character's move set and how good they are, and not popularity?
No. Characters usage stats are literally the best gauge of a character's popularity. I'm not referring to a tier list. In terms of online player usage, Takeda was No. 6 as on December 2018, 4 months ago, over 20 million above Cassie Cage, who is perceived to be the favorite Kombat Kid. I'm still not seeing what's wrong with people asking for Takeda, nor am I seeing why it's an issue. He was clearly very popular with people.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
No. Characters usage stats are literally the best gauge of a character's popularity. I'm not referring to a tier list. In terms of online player usage, Takeda was No. 6 as on December 2018, 4 months ago, over 20 million above Cassie Cage, who is perceived to be the favorite Kombat Kid. I'm still not seeing what's wrong with people asking for Takeda, nor am I seeing why it's an issue. He was clearly very popular with people.
I think it's a bit of both to be honest.

Either way, I'm fine with him making it in or not making it in.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
So people aren't allowed to be vocal about characters that they want in the game? I'm still not seeing your point.
It's not so much wanting a certain character in the game, it's more that literally every Ed Boon tweet has about a dozen character request in response to it even though the requests are irrelevant to the tweet and probably won't help the character's chances anyway.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
No. Characters usage stats are literally the best gauge of a character's popularity.
I'm going to have to strongly disagree with this. This is is almost never the case. People tend to gravitate towards characters that are effective and easy to use. Just look at the day-one ranked ladders of any fighting game, and you'll see hordes of the same character, typically one that's zoning heavy. It's not because people love that character, that's for sure.

To provide an example, look at TTT2 and Tekken 7. They brought back Bob stating that he was super popular and had really high usage rates in Tag 2, but they nerfed him since he was super top tier. Then Tekken 7 comes out, and no one uses him because he has almost no fans. Everyone simply used him because he was strong and effective. In MKX, do you think Jacqui's usage is that high because people actually like the character, or because people like to spam guns and score easy wins off of scrubs? To me, character usage stats mean nothing.