What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Noob
  • Erron Black - Increased pushback on block for Sand Shot and it is now +6 on block (down from +7)
  • Erron Black - Increased range on Sand Trap Tackle and it now has13 startup frames (down from16)
  • Erron Black - Quick Sand Tackle will now combo from a hit
  • Erron Black - Increased the hit advantage of Quick Sand Tackle &Sand Trap Tackle by 10
  • Erron Black - Down+FP now has 7 startup frames (down from 8)
  • Erron Black - Towards+BK is now -12 on block and +17 on hit (down from -21 on block and up +7 on hit)
  • Erron Black - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -7 on block (up from -12)
  • Erron Black - Increased hit advantage and hit cancel advantage by 1-3 on most normals and strings
lol B4 and F4 have been buffed, why buff those and not his important strings lol.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I can deal with these change, but why is there still nothing about the damage scaling in F3, 2+4 in Outlaw? That string is way too badass-looking to be reduced to such a useless string.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with these buffs. I don't think people are realizing how important a 7f d1 is. I was using that a lot in the beta and it helped me get out of a lot of shit I probably wouldn't have been able to get out of before. Sure, the lost tick throws and pushback on ex sg sucks, but at least we've got some new tools to help compensate that as well.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
My thoughts on XL Erron:

-7f d1 is a godsend and it kinda makes up for the nerfs
-Losing the tick throws sucks but lbsh good opponents were already option selecting out of them. If anything 21~cg can still catch people off guard since that was his best tick throw anyway IMO
-The EX sand grenade nerf SUCKS. For now, I don't think it's worth the meter, which limits his options after 21122 heavily against characters with good reversals
-I think Gunslinger and Outlaw are hurt the hardest by the sand grenade nerf, Marksman can still do what it was doing
-The costume is cool but not amazing

Marksman confirmed best variation?

I think the b4 is a universal thing. It looks like most of the characters got the same thing. As for the f4, that's pretty cool.

Noob
What do you guy think of B2 into sand trap tick throw? I been using it a lot now because mist of his tick throws were removed. Its a mid which is a plus.

I mainly use it in oki. Catches a lot of ppl off guard lol.

Last edited:

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
What do you guy think of B2 into sand trap tick throw? I been using it a lot now because all of his tick throws were removed. Its a mid which is a plus.

I mainly use it in oki. Catches a lot of ppl off guard lol.
I use it here and there and it always works.. its definitely a tick throw that is unfamiliar to most.
You should try d1 tick.
It works best after a successful d1. most players wont be pushing buttons because they know your at advantage so d1 grab is a quick way to pick up another 13% and more knockdown pressure. Do that a few times and you can just start doing d1 into 11 to mix it up if they want to push buttons.
I also do 21122 into d1 since it has the plus frames now and it is an alternative to using ex sg repetitively.

Noob
I use it here and there and it always works.. its definitely a tick throw that is unfamiliar to most.
You should try d1 tick.
It works best after a successful d1. most players wont be pushing buttons because they know your at advantage so d1 grab is a quick way to pick up another 13% and more knockdown pressure. Do that a few times and you can just start doing d1 into 11 to mix it up if they want to push buttons.
I also do 21122 into d1 since it has the plus frames now and it is an alternative to using ex sg repetitively.
21122 is plus now?

cambros22

21122 is plus now?
From what I heard back when the beta was running it was plus 1 or 2
Ive been beating out 7 frame low pokes with it consistently since the update.
I could be wrong and my friend is just late to poke.

cambros22

Guys is 21122 plus?? :O
Its -1 but I dont think many people will take the risk of trying to poke out because of the ex sg. Plus it isnt an easy poke out to do. I found myself mashing with kotal's d1 just to beat it consistently and even then, sometimes erron's d1 would beat it his out. You have to be practically frame perfect.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
anyone else feel erron's changes have totally homogenized him? What tools does he have now that others don't?

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
Random question, don't know if anyone can answer. So, I recently downloaded KPack2 and for some reason I don't have the "Apocalypse Skins" - does anyone have any idea why this might be the case? I was really looking forward to checking out Black's new skin. Am I missing something here, does anyone have a clue why this might be?

Noob
With only one 21122 tick throw remaining, how about just tick throwing after 21122. Condition the opponent with ex-sand at the end, then just start doing raw or armoured tackles at the end.

Gimmick or good idea? What do you guys think? Could work with B12 as well since its plus, jails ex-sand, and is fast.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
With only one 21122 tick throw remaining, how about just tick throwing after 21122. Condition the opponent with ex-sand at the end, then just start doing raw or armoured tackles at the end.

Gimmick or good idea? What do you guys think? Could work with B12 as well since its plus, jails ex-sand, and is fast.
Its a very good idea. ;)

Random question, don't know if anyone can answer. So, I recently downloaded KPack2 and for some reason I don't have the "Apocalypse Skins" - does anyone have any idea why this might be the case? I was really looking forward to checking out Black's new skin. Am I missing something here, does anyone have a clue why this might be?
Don't even bother. It's fugly.

But to answer your question. When I preorder ed the kp2 the apocalypse was automatically added to my download list so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Doesn't it wiff after 21122?

I think 11b3 into cmd grab works on block.