What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Good stuff , I found the f13 gc jip but I was too lazy to post it , On a side note I've played a set with him today and to be fair he''s reallyy damn strong now tackle on hit gives you a f3 or a f13 you can conditon to block that then go for a 21122 , you can also end your corner combos with tackle so you can do some serious damage his ex tackle is soooooo good now aswell with its huge range and speed , I still think he could use a fast mid though :/

Redux

Ex Phase
Good stuff , I found the f13 gc jip but I was too lazy to post it , On a side note I've played a set with him today and to be fair he''s reallyy damn strong now tackle on hit gives you a f3 or a f13 you can conditon to block that then go for a 21122 , you can also end your corner combos with tackle so you can do some serious damage his ex tackle is soooooo good now aswell with its huge range and speed , I still think he could use a fast mid though :/
I Think the best part about sand tackle being plus is gunslinger and marksman now have good enders with oki without giving up corner advantage. I'm really happy with the huge range and plus frames it has :)

Noob
Do you have time to dash to your opponent to start oki game with the tackle being +8?

So its only ex thats plus?

Noob
+10 or 8 :eek:

Btw guys since tackle has more range, you can hit confirm b21 into tackle and on block ex-sand. It jails. What do guys think?

Noob
From what I have noticed if you do EX Close SG it pushes the opponent back on block, but if you do EX Mid SG he stays in place. I am just strating to play Erron so I dont know which do you use up close and why. ;)
if you don't aim your ex-sand on strings that jail ex (21122~ex sand) your opponent can armour out.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
The improved startup and range of the grab now allows you to do 2112 command grab instead of just 211 command grab on most juggles which is nice. Also, you can do f222 command grab in outlaw, not sure if that was possible before? I don't play much outlaw.

ryublaze

Noob
Marksman looks like he got a few % more damage, but I don't see much else that's improved. I think most Marksman players agree that making his cancels easier didn't really mean much cuz they weren't even that hard before. The best thing about the gun cancel change is that b32 is easier to link which means we can make them guess between b32 gc and b32 swing. Good players will armor OS out of 21 cmd grab everytime which means Marksman will have to do 21 gc to bait armor and punish (only works on slower armor moves). The better oki off of cmd grab helps, but I think losing the tick throws off of 21122 and having pushback on EX sg hurts more.

Last edited:

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
The command grab range and startup change is his biggest change imo. It is a good tool in neutral once you command respect. I rarely used it on the 21122 string so im not bothered by its change. I find myself poking out of pressure with a d1 just to d1 again into command grab. Being able to loop the command grab into its self at its ending animation placement is crazy considering most wont see it coming and once they know about it, baiting armor attacks or just running in and crushing them with a f1 once they begin to backdash or jump out gives him more options. I play gunslinger so combined with his zoning, the grab further gives him more advantage to continue zoning or completely change things up with a rush in mentality. The ex sg pushback doesnt seem so bad considering it didnt guarantee anything really before its change besides a perfect frame f2 or f3 midscreen and low pokes that killed his press pressure once blocked. But Im biased since im all about Gunslinger and controlling space in that matter. markman and outlaw take a bigger hit in this department.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
The improved startup and range of the grab now allows you to do 2112 command grab instead of just 211 command grab on most juggles which is nice. Also, you can do f222 command grab in outlaw, not sure if that was possible before? I don't play much outlaw.
Its possible, that's actually one of my main combo enders in Outlaw due to the range.

Noob
If you time your 21122 right you can do 21122 into commamd grab in juggles.